Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 What is up with chucky being released after halloween?! 
rustiphica

Post What is up with chucky being released after halloween?!
Do the studios think this movie is more of a comedy then a horror? Like why bring this thing 2 weeks after halloween is over! People don't really care that much for horrors in november! They want the christmas feeling.

I just feel it's one of the dumbest moves to do.

Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:44 pm
College Boy Z

Seriously, I saw the trailer last night with Team America, and it is a comedy. It's not a horror movie. They advertise it as a comedy. They have just all jokes in there. They have Chucky's wife walking in on him and Jennifer Tilly in bed. For the love of god! :shock:

But yeah, it's a stupid move.

Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:46 pm
---------

That's why The Haunted Mansion didn't do well either. It was released in late November.

Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:47 pm
King Albert!

Hey, Gothika was released in November, and that did well.

The thing with horror movies is that any time is a good time to release the movie (that is if it doesn't have any competition). Unlike a Christmas Movie which can only be released during the Holiday session to do good, Horror movies is a genre that is good anytime of the year because alot of horror fans are always in the mood for a good scare if the right movie comes out. When it comes to Christmas, after January 2nd, every gets sick of it because there is nothing to celebrate with. But horror is good for all occasions, all year. So there is nothing wrong with the November release.

Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:49 pm
Profile WWW
rustiphica

Personally I like to watch horror movies in the fall because you got Halloween right around the corner and outside it gets dark out early and the trees are getting bare. But when November comes around, to me it's officially winter. It starts snowing and it starts to get really cold. This is all just my opinion but I'm sure I'm not the only one out there who feels this way.

Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:53 pm
Extraordinary

Surviving Christmas and Seed of Chucky decided to trade....which will ultimately lead to their demises.

Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:35 pm
Indiana Jones IV

It was going to bomb anyways so it doesn't matter

Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:42 pm
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

Hey, Gothika was released in November, and that did well.

The thing with horror movies is that any time is a good time to release the movie (that is if it doesn't have any competition). Unlike a Christmas Movie which can only be released during the Holiday session to do good, Horror movies is a genre that is good anytime of the year because alot of horror fans are always in the mood for a good scare if the right movie comes out. When it comes to Christmas, after January 2nd, every gets sick of it because there is nothing to celebrate with. But horror is good for all occasions, all year. So there is nothing wrong with the November release.

I absolutely agree and Gothika has proven that last year.

Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:44 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]