Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 KING KONG - Monday to Thursday 
Forum General

Post KING KONG - Monday to Thursday
It's kinda clear that this weekend won't deliver much more than $50m.....any insights on how it could perform over the next 4-Days....Monday to Thursday leading up to the Christmas Weekend...

I hope it could pull off at least $6m on each day.... :sad:

I surrender who I've been for who you are
Nothing makes me stronger than your fragile heart
If I had only felt how it feels to be yours
I would have known what I've been living for all along
What I've been living for

Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:16 am
Extraordinary

People are awful busy with shopping and other holiday prep to spend 3+ hours at a movie, plus Wednesday sees the opening of the new Jim Carrey movie and Cheaper by the Dozen 2 which will draw away family business.

So, the same thing that would've happened if they loaded Kong onto that tiny little freighter at Skull Island is going to happen this week - King Kong is going to sink...

Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:22 am
Homo Dperious

Well last year films had about 15% of the weekend gross each day. However, that was one day later in Dec. so a few more people were off. I'd still say it can get 15% though for about 7m or so each day. I think it has a great shot of maintaining the top spot through the week.

Friday might see about 10m, but Sat will drop quite a bit. Sunday could see over 10m though and Monday will have a similar number.

That would mean over 125m through that point. More weekdays around 7m and an increase the following weekend would take it to about 175m. From there it could have good legs in January and make it to at least 230m.

You know, as I think about it there might be room for it to go as high as 300m. WOM is maximized in December. As a summer release this might have struggled to match BB.

Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:02 am
Profile ICQ
Dont Mess with the Gez

Well last year films had about 15% of the weekend gross each day. However, that was one day later in Dec. so a few more people were off. I'd still say it can get 15% though for about 7m or so each day. I think it has a great shot of maintaining the top spot through the week.

Friday might see about 10m, but Sat will drop quite a bit. Sunday could see over 10m though and Monday will have a similar number.

That would mean over 125m through that point. More weekdays around 7m and an increase the following weekend would take it to about 175m. From there it could have good legs in January and make it to at least 230m.

You know, as I think about it there might be room for it to go as high as 300m. WOM is maximized in December. As a summer release this might have struggled to match BB.

Yes - well said.

Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:10 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]