Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Weekend Estimates 
Sbil

Zingaling wrote:
Wow. I think I should say this now. I've seen comments on how people are "dissapointed" with The Incredibles, or how it's "good". Since when has $70 million in 3 days become a dissapointment, that's what I want to know. Has the standard for movies gone so high that $20 million for a movie playing in 2 theaters just "good" because it's not $80 million? Because that's what it seems like. If you are dissapointed with the number for The Incredibles, your expectations were out of this world. I saw some $80+ predictions, and I knew that wouldn't happen. If you haven't noticed, movies that have got over $80 million were either big budget movies, HUGE names, or sequels to very popular movies. Incredibles stands on it's own, and all it had was the name of Pixar.

If anyone thinks The Incredibles is not great and it's dissapointing, they should be shot. Period.

Ok Herr Hitler. I didn't realize we lived in Nazi Germany.

I'm assuming he meant regarding box office performance, not the quality of the film. I mean, we all know what you thought of it.

Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:10 pm
Hot Fuss

Zingaling wrote:
Wow. I think I should say this now. I've seen comments on how people are "dissapointed" with The Incredibles, or how it's "good". Since when has $70 million in 3 days become a dissapointment, that's what I want to know. Has the standard for movies gone so high that $20 million for a movie playing in 2 theaters just "good" because it's not $80 million? Because that's what it seems like. If you are dissapointed with the number for The Incredibles, your expectations were out of this world. I saw some $80+ predictions, and I knew that wouldn't happen. If you haven't noticed, movies that have got over $80 million were either big budget movies, HUGE names, or sequels to very popular movies. Incredibles stands on it's own, and all it had was the name of Pixar.

If anyone thinks The Incredibles is not great and it's dissapointing, they should be shot. Period.

:roll:

Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:19 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Horror Hound

Awesome for GRUDGE, SAW INCREDBLES and SHALL WE DANCE!

Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:24 pm
Veteran

jb007 wrote:
Zingaling wrote:

I'm assuming he meant regarding box office performance, not the quality of the film. I mean, we all know what you thought of it.

Assuming he is just talking about the box office, I agree. I consider a 71 mil. opening to be huge and has no bearing on whether I liked the movie or not.

Just because some fanboys thought it should have made over 80 or 90 mil. does not make the opening disappointing.

Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:42 pm
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

I mean yay and crap for the bottom five movies but seriously you guys are messing up my derby :P Cmon 10% for shall we dance ??? I have a 97% for the first 5 and the bottom 5 I have like 60%...the last 4 weekends have really pissed me off :P

Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:43 pm
Profile WWW
College Boy Z

jb007, I was referring to the box office of the movie, considering that the whole paragraph was about the box office. I would never say that about the quality of the movie, because we all know that I have a very different opinion from everyone here.

Sun Nov 07, 2004 7:32 pm
Veteran

jb007, I was referring to the box office of the movie, considering that the whole paragraph was about the box office. I would never say that about the quality of the movie, because we all know that I have a very different opinion from everyone here.

Zingaling, then I take my comments about Hitler back and I apologize for that.

Sun Nov 07, 2004 7:38 pm
Profile WWW
College Boy Z

Zingaling wrote:

No problem, I should have been more clear in my final sentence. :wink:

Sun Nov 07, 2004 7:41 pm
Veteran

jb007 wrote:
Zingaling wrote:

:D
Like I said before, I agree with you on the 71 mil. is far from being a disappointment. It is crazy to think 71 mil. opening as a disappointment. Personally I think some Pixar fanboys who hated the Shrek 2 phenomenon, wanted this to outperform Shrek 2 really bad. It did not happen on the opening weekend and they are disappointed.

Though I hated this movie, I don't deny this is a huge hit that will probably hit 250 mil.

Sun Nov 07, 2004 7:52 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Zingaling wrote:
jb007 wrote:
Zingaling wrote:

:D
Like I said before, I agree with you on the 71 mil. is far from being a disappointment. It is crazy to think 71 mil. opening as a disappointment. Personally I think some Pixar fanboys who hated the Shrek 2 phenomenon, wanted this to outperform Shrek 2 really bad. It did not happen on the opening weekend and they are disappointed.

Though I hated this movie, I don't deny this is a huge hit that will probably hit 250 mil.

I haven't heard anything about Pixar fanboys being disappointed about the 70M opening. I haven't seen a prediction that said it's going to outperform Shrek 2. It's a great opening, and people are happy about it. We shouldn't try to twist it any other way.

Sun Nov 07, 2004 9:34 pm
Profile WWW
College Boy Z

By the way, Fade to Black did an okay $476,000 this weekend. It wasn't in many theaters, and it got a $2,800 PTA, about half the PTA of Tupac: Resurrection and Tupac and Biggie. Still, it's not that bad. Other than the people who watched TRL, I'm sure a lot of people didn't know about it.

Sun Nov 07, 2004 11:21 pm
problem?

Saw and Grudge's drop is just amazing. I can't believe they're having some awesome post-Halloween legs. :D

Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:31 am
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2