Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Grammys 2018 Predictions 
The Kramer

Post Grammys 2018 Predictions
We have about two months till the nominations, but the deadline has passed and everything that will be nominated is out there in the world. The grammys have diversified their voter base so much that only the broadest pop music really has a chance at making waves. Album of the year is still the most prestigious award in music though, and I hope we get a more worthy winner than Adele's meh 3rd album.

The good news is, both the top contenders are much better. :thumbsup: It should be a two-horse race between Kendrick Lamar and Ed Sheeran. Kendrick lost to Taylor Swift two years ago and it completely deflated the room (despite 1989 deserving the win.) I don't think the grammys want a repeat of that, but they sure do love that ginger so I will give him the edge for now.

Bruno Mars will probably grab one of the other three. Maybe Kesha for her valiant feminist comeback story? And usually a country album will fill the fifth spot, but I don't recall anything big coming out this year. People are still waiting on part 2 of Stapleton's album. So I'm gonna reach and give LCD Soundsystem the last spot. They are both a legacy artist and a hip alternative band for the scenesters. And American Dream felt like a big deal when it came out, a real event in an industry that has so few of them these days.

Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:28 am
Devil's Advocate

Post Re: Grammys 2018 Predictions
I agree Sheeran or Kendrick is the winner. Sheeran is the classic safe, high selling white Grammy win but Kendrick is high selling as well and after Adele/Beyonce and some other things that have happened like Moonlight, the Grammys may take the positive PR of a Kendrick win

Nominations something like: Sheeran, Kendrick, Bruno, Foo Fighters, Gaga

Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:29 am
The Wall

Gaga? That's not happening.

EDIT: Best alternative album will remain the only interesting category.

Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:29 am
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

Kendrick Lamar= :sick:

Ed Sheeran better win! But we know they'll do the PC pick of Lamar just so they don't get called racist again like last year. Even though the real reason is Adele and Ed Sheeran make better music than Beyonce (at least now, she used to be good) and Kendrick Lamar.

Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:28 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]