Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Corpse - Top 50 Songs (Top 10) 
Don't Dream It, Be It

Post Re: Corpse - Top 50 Songs
stuffp wrote:
Nice to see Ayumi on your list. There was a time in 2008 when I listened to her a lot.

:thumbsup:

She's one of my five favorite artists.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:51 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

#32. "A Profound Understanding of Reality" by Epica

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:59 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

#31. "I'd Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That)" by Meat Loaf

Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:22 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

#30. "Save Up All Your Tears" by Cher

Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:46 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

#29. "Walking in the Air" Sung by Peter Auty by Howard Blake

Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:27 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

I haven't liked anything on your list so far but #29 is lovely. Great memory! I would not even think to include such a song but, as I am sure others also feel, it is such a nostalgic treat to hear it again.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:45 pm
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

I like #38 and #37 best on your list so far. Love me some Christina, and "Fighter" is one of her best. Within Temptation's usually a hit for me too.

Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:19 am
Devil's Advocate

Cry for the Moon - another cool metal opera song

Ghost Opera - Very good, nice clear vocalist

Bleed Like Me - Never listened to much Garbage, solid song

Death of a Bachelor - Listenable but not crazy about it, I'd heard someone say before the Panic lead singer is an underrated talent vocally and he shows some of it here though

Fighter - Not a huge fan of Xtina but that era was my favorite of hers

Our Solemn Hour - pretty epic

Time to Say Goodbye - always enjoyed this one, even when it got overplayed at the cliche Italian restaurant run by Greeks I worked at

Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:12 pm
Devil's Advocate

Enter Sandman - My favorite of theirs

Moments - Sounds decent but hard to connect emotionally without the lyrics

Your Song - On my list so love it obviously

A Profound Understanding of Reality - Another cool Epica song

I'll Do Anything For Love - Great song, should've put it on my HMs. I didn't realize until recently that he says the things he wouldn't do for love in the song, I kind of liked it more when I interpreted it as there being this mysterious dark request that's the one thing he wouldn't do

Save Up Your Tears - middling Cher song for me

Walking in the Air - nice song

Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:30 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Thanks for all the comments!

Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:08 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

#28. "Epiphany" by Trans-Siberian Orchestra

Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:12 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

#27. "Ah! non giunge" Sung by Joan Sutherland from La Sonnambula

Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:44 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

#26. "The Mystic Prophecy of the Demon Knight" by Rhapsody of Fire

Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:51 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

#25. "Beautiful" by Christina Aquilera

Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:11 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

There are some weird choices here.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:26 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

#24. "Der Holle Rache" Sung by Diana Damrau from Die Zauberflote

Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:28 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

#23. "Music!!!" by AAA

Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:42 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

#22. "Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen

Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:59 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

#21. "If I Could Turn Back Time" by Cher

Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:04 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

#20. "Black or White" by Michael Jackson

Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:06 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

19. "M" by Ayumi Hamasaki

Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:09 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

18. "Like a Prayer" by Madonna

Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:18 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

17. "Carry on My Wayward Son" by Kansas

Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:25 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

16. "Sleeping Sun" by Nightwish

Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:29 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

#15. "I Want to Break Free" by Queen

Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:40 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next