Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 Hedge funds vs Retail traders (Gamestop, AMC, etc) 
The Kramer

Post Re: Hedge funds vs Retail traders (Gamestop, AMC, etc)
Looks like the hedges found a way to just sell the shares back and forth between each to tank the value.

And its working like a charm. We are stuck in the Battle of Hoth this week. Everyone who got caught up in this GME will be put off investing forever now. I’m still way up total but this mega mistake wiped out a chunk. I’ll hold just in case though.

Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:47 am
The Kramer

GME drops over $200 in one day - totally fine.

GME rallies from $80 to $120 - HALT IT!!!!!!!

My goodness.

Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:32 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

I love how the news is reporting headlines like "trading frenzy eases." Well, no shit. It's going to "ease" when they continue to halt and limit trading.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:06 pm
Profile WWW
Romosexual!

THE WAR AINT OVER!!! BUY & HOLD! BUY & HOLD! BUY & HOLD U FUCKTARDS!!!

Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:33 pm
Romosexual!

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
GME drops over $200 in one day - totally fine.

GME rallies from $80 to $120 - HALT IT!!!!!!!

My goodness.

THE SYSTEM IS RIGGED FOR THE BILLIONAIRES!

Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:35 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

The problem though is having to go out of your way to buy without limits or during halt times. Not to mention that those that are heavily invested in this are truly at risk of financial troubles if it doesn't recover. Many have likely sold over the past day or two due to this risk, which is unfortunate. Not just unfortunate for this movement (if you will), but unfortunate that they've been put into such a position by manipulative means and can't really control their own money/investments.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:54 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Yeah Chase must think I’m a total moron since my entire portfolio on their app is reddit stocks. I swear I have good ones too! :funny:

Btw, for those wondering, airline and other travel stocks are still low even though not at their lowest lows obviously. United is $40 now vs $90 pre-covid. And its never too late to get into Tesla. Unlike GME that one actually does just keep going up. They are literally going to mars. These aren’t gonna fetch you the quick big bucks that some received over the last months but its still make good money over time.

Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:18 pm
Romosexual!

HOOOOOOLLLLLDDD!!

Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:40 am
The Kramer

Give them nothing, but take from them EVERYTHING!

Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:06 pm
Romosexual!

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
Give them nothing, but take from them EVERYTHING!

EVERYTHING!!!! FUCK THE SUITS!!!

Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:28 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Rev wrote:
HOOOOOOLLLLLDDD!!

HODOR!

Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:48 pm
Top Poster

Since r/wallstreetbets has been compromised, there is an alternate site at https://wsbets.win

Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:59 am
Profile WWW
Top Poster

stuffp wrote:
Alex Y. wrote:
Free and fair trade vs free and fair election.

Wall Street shorting more than 100% of GameStop = tabulation of ballots that were illegally included
Retailer traders disrupting Wall Street = January 6 protestors disrupting Washington
Robin Hood preventing purchases = big tech censorship

To some extent the motions are similar, but the big difference is that retail traders' actions are legal and jan 6 protestors insurrection on the capitol was illegal.

On January 6 the majority of Trump supporters didn’t beak any laws, just a few non-true supporters acted on their own agenda. similarly, most retail traders acted legally, while a few such as DeepF***ingValue were breaking rules.

https://wallstreetonparade.com/2021/01/ ... -industry/

Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:08 am
Profile WWW
Romosexual!

HOOOOOOLLLLLLDDD!!!

$AMC :hump: $GME :hump:

Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:39 am
The Kramer

Should have bought more dogecoin lol. I’m up 175% but only bought $15 worth at 3 cents a piece. :funny:

Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:53 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

That Elon Musk...

I was tempted to look around for a broker that allowed the trade of crypto last week (Robinhood doesn't in my state...) to invest a few hundred in dogecoin, but decided to skip it.

Watch it get up to a $1 or more now. >.>

Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:24 pm
Profile WWW
Top Poster

So I’ve completely changed my outlook on Robinhood now, whether their testimony is really true or not, I believe it is sufficient for them to. It get into legal trouble enough. The whole controversy last month seemed to have helped Robinhood more so than hurt them, in terms of getting them more brand recognition and media coverage, and they still went ahead with the Super Bowl ad. Their freezing of purchasing those stocks helped a lot of people from losing a lot more money, especially any who panic sold during that time.

Withthe new revelation that they are the ones holding $2 billion in dogecoin and not Elon Musk (who is no longer fearing it’s one individual holding all that dogecoin), as well as that RH will soon support transfers of cryptocurrency, I feel like Robinhood is now the safest place to buy dogecoin, All the other places feel dodgy and too complicated and no idea which one can be trusted. Even though I transferred out my RH account entirely already, my wife still has an account so we finally got in on some dogecoin today through RH. If in the future there is a more reliable for Dogecoin, RH will supposedly support transferring by then,

Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:28 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Revenge of the Stonk!

Until it was halted again. :funny: I guess those hearings accomplished a whole lot of nothing.

Update: Reddit went down at the end of the day too. Still isn’t loading at 4:30 EST.

Double update: Robinhood is going down for emergency maintenance tomorrow. I’m sure that’s a total coincidence. :roll:

Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:09 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

I'm glad they're not backing off. Almost a 20% increase today despite the halts and other nonsense, although I see it was much higher earlier in the day before the manipulation battle began.

Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:43 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

GME over $240 today. I hope everyone held!

Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:58 pm
Romosexual!

AMC to the mooooooooooooooooon!

I've made enough money today to afford my wife's boyfriend some new Jordan's :2thumbsup:

Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:32 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Rev wrote:

I've made enough money today to afford my wife's boyfriend some new Jordan's :2thumbsup:

When can I expect them in the mail?

Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:02 pm
Profile WWW
Top Poster

Kudos to you guys for holding onto GameStop and AMC, the outlook seemed bleak in February.

Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:15 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

U/DeepFuckingValue doubled down after his testimony to congress. What a fucking legend. Who do they cast in the movie? Adam Scott would be my top choice.

Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:40 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Corpse wrote:
Rev wrote:

When can I expect them in the mail?

:funny:

Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next