Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 500 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 20  Next
 How worried about the Omicron variant are you? 

Not worried at all, let's move on with life 50%  50%  [ 4 ]
Kind of worried, I might wear my mask but others don't have to 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Pretty worried, we should force masks and social distancing 25%  25%  [ 2 ]
Extremely worried, lockdown please! 13%  13%  [ 1 ]
Unsure 13%  13%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 8

Hold the door!

Post Re: Will you take a Covid vaccine?
Jack Sparrow wrote:
zwackerm wrote:
I get my first Pfizer shot Monday. Woot woot

You didn't get it before? I thought you got your first shot a month back.

No, you must be thinking of someone else. I just became eligible yesterday.

Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:35 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Guess I mistook you asking should I take vaccine with your eligibility to get one. Good that you are getting one :thumbsup:

Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:22 pm
Hold the door!

Jack Sparrow wrote:
Guess I mistook you asking should I take vaccine with your eligibility to get one. Good that you are getting one :thumbsup:

Well in my state I was originally in the same phase as those 65+ so I was questioning whether I should sign up yet but they bumped me back so now there is plenty of shots for 65+ people regardless.

Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:50 pm
Hold the door!

Finally got my first Pfizer yesterday. No reaction besides a little toughness/pain in the shoulder muscle as is common with the flu vaccine.

I was kinda hoping I’d feel something more haha.

Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:17 am
Extraordinary

Seems like most people felt nothing from Pfizer. I felt pretty shitty after first dose, I wonder if research will ever figure out if that means something like if I did get covid previously or not.

Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:53 am
Forum General

Got my first dose of Moderna on Sunday.

No noticeable side effects, but I guess that comes with the 2nd dose.

Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:45 pm
The Kramer

I got my first shot on Sunday. My arm is still a little sore (though at least it didn't bother while I slept last night), had a brief headache while listening to loud music on the day of and for some reason I think Microsoft is the greatest corporation to ever exist, but other than that it has been fine.

Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:17 pm
Hold the door!

I still don’t understand why there’s so much concern about people unwilling to take the vaccine. If there’s vaccine available for everyone but some people still don’t want it, isnt it on them if they get really sick with it?

Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:10 pm
Extraordinary

zwackerm wrote:
I still don’t understand why there’s so much concern about people unwilling to take the vaccine. If there’s vaccine available for everyone but some people still don’t want it, isnt it on them if they get really sick with it?

If the virus is still spreading person to person for the rest of the year at a big rate (ala a big part of the population doesn't get vaccinated) then the virus could mutate into a worse strain that may not be protected by the current vaccinations.

Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:02 pm
Hold the door!

publicenemy#1 wrote:
zwackerm wrote:

If the virus is still spreading person to person for the rest of the year at a big rate (ala a big part of the population doesn't get vaccinated) then the virus could mutate into a worse strain that may not be protected by the current vaccinations.

Very good point. But I’d think they’d be able to alter it year to year like how they do for the flu vaccine

Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:00 pm
Top Poster

Are you for providing covid vaccines to pets, or more crucially, wild animals such as bats to reduce the chance of new strains?

Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:22 am
Profile WWW
Top Poster

For those taking the vaccine very soon, there are some foods to avoid, as they may decrease vaccine efficacy (as well as correlation with more severe Covid cases)

https://www.ewg.org/news-insights/news- ... s-may-harm

Specific list of foods here:
https://www.ewg.org/sites/default/files ... 1617893576

Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:59 am
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

The Johnson and Johnson vaccine is beginning to halt use in the US to see if cases of blood clots are linked. Interesting.

Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:11 am
Extraordinary

6 cases. Even with this extremely low number Idk how they're gonna restart adminstering them. Hopefully none of the others get recalled as this is a major blow on vaccine rollout just as all adults are becoming eligible.

Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:17 am
Hold the door!

I don’t think the blood clots have been anything more than correlated to the shots but who knows.

Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:37 am
Top Poster

If the mRNA ones turn out not to have this blood clot issue too, they may end up being safer long term than non-mRNA vaccines.

A lot more research needs to be done in regards to Covid within children before US should approve Covid vaccines for them. My impression right now is if a child had prior exposure to Covid, that immune system antibody response could turn out be more harmful to them than letting Covid linger asymptomatically in them. If a child already has high viral load especially if in the lungs but is currently asymptomatic, the vaccine by trying to kill Covid already bonded to the lungs could potentially cause more lung damage or blood clots than just letting Covid linger within the child. Similarlt, in some cases chemo could be more damaging than cancer itself.

Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:12 pm
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

6 out of 7 million doesn’t seem like a huge deal imo. That’s still way lower than the death rate of Covid, it’s like not even close. 6-7 people in a thousand as opposed to 6/7million

Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:20 pm
Top Poster

We don’t know the real number yet, to trust the 6 number is like trusting only a handful of Americans had Covid in January 2020. Stuff about blood clots after Covid vaccines was already known for several months for those of us who read alternative sources (particularly sourced from outside US), since traditional media and big tech has been censoring and fact checking people’s personal experiences and deaths after vaccine as misinformation.

This is a wake up call for some who had believed media who has been saying the JJ vaccine is very safe for months, but then suddenly today they reverse course. Taking a wait and see approach now hat more young people can get vaccinated, we’ll soon have more data on whether younger people are at higher potential risk of adverse health effects not yet verified.

I think more research to see if the reported instances of blood clots that occurred after some symptomatic Covid infections (prior to vaccine) if they were the same kind as these too, which would mean this issue would not really be brand vaccine-specific, but rather a potential issue of not toning down human immune system response to Covid in general (like kids do less ofj

Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:14 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

DeSantis made a good point that by telling people they should wear masks and social distance after taking the vaccine, it creates less incentive to take it.

Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:47 am
The Kramer

My arm still feels weird whenever I exercise or tok. The first one I get, the second one is weird. I don’t use any other recreationals and am a lightweight drinker so dunno if those would affect it too. Scheduled for my second this Sunday and took off work the next day just in case.

Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:27 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

So, my husband manages a pharmacy. He had a conference call today, and during the discussion on quarterly sales his higher ups were going on about how over the counter medication sales were down a lot versus last year, and that it was a "bad" flu season (far fewer flu shots given than normal).

They believed both were likely a result of people wearing masks and being more health conscious during the pandemic, and said they expect medication and flu shot sales to pick up again next year once people stop wearing masks as often after getting the Covid vaccine, and once they go back to their more regular daily lives again without taking extra health precautions...

....Yeah. Obviously a pharmacy sort of relies on sick people, as bad as that sounds, but probably shouldn't put it so "evil CEO-like."

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:28 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Makes sense. I haven’t been sick at all since 2019.

I was expecting to wake up today feeling like I’d been hit by a truck, but so far its just been the stiff arm again. Should I be relieved or worried that it might just be delayed till tomorrow? :hahaha:

Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:33 pm
Hold the door!

Second shot today! Feel the same no side effects!

Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:48 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

There are a few people here as well like you both who have no effect after both shots. Don't know what to make of it but I read this might be because your body has good immune system. Consider yourself lucky, I guess.

Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:03 pm
The Kramer

Had a nasty headache for about an hour last night, but still no fever or flu two days later.

Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:50 am
Reply to topic   [ 500 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 20  Next