Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Flying During COVID 
Hold the door!

Post Flying During COVID
Has anyone else taken a flight recently? I flew to Charlotte, NC today and the plan was completely full with no social distancing. Same with my flight coming up to Louisville, KY. They’re both American Airlines, apparently they started filling planes to full capacity back in July. Really shocked that this is ok, not because I’m personally worried about COVID, but because it doesn’t seem fair for other businesses to be destroyed by closures and capacity limits while airlines act like nothing has changed.

Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:33 pm
The Kramer

Post Re: Flying During COVID
Airlines: Let’s sell every seat during a plague.

Also airlines: We’re suffering please give us bailout money.

Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:23 pm
100% That Bitch

Flying in today's weather is asking for it.

There have been numerous studies where ONE sick passanger has been able to infect 1/3 of the passengers.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:49 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

I'm not sure about commercial flights but there have been lots of "rescue" flights that are country hired to take their citizens back home and those flights had the same problems but they followed that with 14 day quarantine so it was more controlled.

A lot of Asian countries are about to resume international flights between each other once their infected daily numbers are in control. Not sure what safe distancing measures they will take because it just feels impossible to keep safe distancing in a flight and make money.

As for American commercial domestic flights that is indeed shocking news specially when they started since July. In India they tried to start domestic commercial flights back in May and stopped them after a few days of tests but they were started again in August.

Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:34 pm
The Kramer

I have a strong itch for Vegas, it has been about two years. But the idea of sitting on a crowded plane for five hours, in a mask, is quite intolerable. Not to mention how most of the fun things you do while there, like cards and strippers, are possibly infected too. And Vegas has excellent restaurants too lol. So its either not go, or become one of those people who pretend like the virus doesn’t, nor ever did, exist.

Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:48 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

I'd say take precaution rather then ending up in a quarantine zone where there is so much demand that you are treated as shit.

Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:06 pm
Keeping it Light

Are people wearing masks?
Is there any inflight service?

If the answers are yes and no, then it's quite different than restaurants for example.

But sure, for a lot businesses some type of limited operations should be possible in the way. Like cinemas should be no less riskier for spread with limited capacity and no concessions.

But cinemas feel less essential than transportations so I guess this plays a factor too.

In short everything just sucks.

Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:45 am
Hold the door!

stuffp wrote:
Are people wearing masks?
Is there any inflight service?

If the answers are yes and no, then it's quite different than restaurants for example.

But sure, for a lot businesses some type of limited operations should be possible in the way. Like cinemas should be no less riskier for spread with limited capacity and no concessions.

But cinemas feel less essential than transportations so I guess this plays a factor too.

In short everything just sucks.

They were requiring masks, and you could eat the food and drink you brought yourself, but there was no in flight service.

I’m near certain the majority of people on these flights were going on vacation, so I’d disagree that planes are much more essential. Especially cuz traveling for business is not really a thing during the WFH age.

Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:35 am
Romosexual!

NOPE! Not planning on flying until after I get my vaccine shot. My friends & fun vacation will have to wait.
As for family, luckily my mom is only a 4 hours drive away.

Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:58 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]