Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Apartment search 
Hold the door!

Post Apartment search
So my friends just bailed on our living situation due to COVID canceling in person classes at the University they attend. So I’m temporarily moving back to my parents house, but I have to figure out where I’m gonna move to. It seems too late to get a place with anyone I know or am friends with. I’ve been looking at listings for places that need roommates, but I was wondering if getting a studio by myself would be a better option. I’m hugely extroverted, but I’ve lived with random roommates before and rarely have we ended up friends. Often they end up literally just taking up space. I was fortunate enough to live with friends the last two years, but now I don’t know what to do. My job is supposed to be back at the office in mid September so I have until then to really find something.

Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:59 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Re: Apartment search
Studio apartment is great but if you haven't lived alone in the past it will take you about 6 months to adjust to it. Maintaining a place alone is also difficult but I'm sure you'll be able to manage that, just that it will take up some of your time everyday.

Of note because you mentioned you're extrovert, during COVID-19 with so much bad news surrounding us it might be lonely very quickly.

Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:31 pm
Hold the door!

I have roommates right now, but they don't live there. I have been staying alone in my house for the last two months. I don't love it but I have learned to manage. And I can of course see friends out of the house or have people over. No one in my circle is still socially isolating. And church just resumed in person today.

Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:13 pm
The Kramer

Sorry to hear it. :( Moving sucks in general, but will be extra difficult now. If you’re gonna live alone definitely get a cat and maybe a dog too if they’ll let you.

Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:03 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

In that case studio apartment will be the best for you and as Flava mentioned if you prefer get a pet along, though it sounds you can easily do without one.

Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:15 pm
Hold the door!

Yeah I like to play with other people’s pets but I’m not meant to be a pet owner.

I’m really just wondering the odds of if I’d get along with a rando roommate. I can’t stand smoking or partying or people having sexual partners over haha. None of that is a problem living with Christians which is what I’m used to, but you have to worry about all of that with a secular roommate you don’t know.

Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:31 pm
Devil's Advocate

You can usually tell when interviewing with if they’re more introverted or a party type person, especially if they’re the ones with the room since people who want quieter and more polite roommates will be asking for it in the ad

Don’t bother interviewing with girls, the odds of one side or the other not being able to pull the trigger on male/female roommates is too high in my opinion.

Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]