Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:15 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Chippy and Magnus 
Romosexual!

Post Re: Chippy and Magnus
Flava'd vs The World wrote:
I think he meant that Chippy deserves a short ban for not helping Taylor Swift defeat Pink In the tournament. Hard to argue with that.

:lol: well in that case keep him banned for another month

Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:24 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

I think he meant that Chippy deserves a short ban for not helping Taylor Swift defeat Pink In the tournament. Hard to argue with that.

:roll:

Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:08 pm
Hold the door!

No I mean Chippy is unkind and the forum does not lose much in his absence.

Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:09 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

zwackerm wrote:
No I mean Chippy is unkind and the forum does not lose much in his absence.

We got you. Mau was just being playful.

As for Chip I haven't always agreed with him but he is a good long term poster with a different view so I always value him as a regular KJ member.

Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:16 pm
Grill

Chip is cool in my book.

Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:37 pm

Bring back that Chip and the Magnus I say!

Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:47 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Darth Indiana Bond wrote:
Bring back that Chip and the Magnus I say!

With Magnus deleting his account I highly doubt he'll come back.

I'm hoping Chippy will come back.

Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:55 pm
Devil's Advocate

Magnus has a prediction streak to keep going

Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:12 pm
The Kramer

He already predicted West Side Story.

Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:29 am
Cream of the Crop

Personally, I chose not to buy another ticket to the merry-go-round. I was sick of the bullies and KJ had always had its share of them. Passive-aggressive bullies like Libs, plain aggressive bullies like Dr. Lecter, and then your run-of-the-mill assholes for whom bullying was just another tool in their troll belt. This isn't special to KJ, it's just the way of the internet which seems to amplifiy a dark reflection of human nature. One good thing about the KJ of old, was that politics was never more than a sideshow to the mainstage of movies. Unfortunately, politics has now infected the board as it has America, in an unentangleable death match of polarization. Hate rules even the most righteous in an endless vendetta of mutually assured misery. Without the fodder of fresh film, KJ is perilously approaching its own event horizon.

"It is by universal misunderstanding that all agree. For if, by ill luck, people understood each other, they would never agree." - Charles Baudelaire

Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:09 am
Devil's Advocate

tree and a half wrote:
Personally, I chose not to buy another ticket to the merry-go-round. I was sick of the bullies and KJ had always had its share of them. Passive-aggressive bullies like Libs, plain aggressive bullies like Dr. Lecter, and then your run-of-the-mill assholes for whom bullying was just another tool in their troll belt. This isn't special to KJ, it's just the way of the internet which seems to amplifiy a dark reflection of human nature. One good thing about the KJ of old, was that politics was never more than a sideshow to the mainstage of movies. Unfortunately, politics has now infected the board as it has America, in an unentangleable death match of polarization. Hate rules even the most righteous in an endless vendetta of mutually assured misery. Without the fodder of fresh film, KJ is perilously approaching its own event horizon.

"It is by universal misunderstanding that all agree. For if, by ill luck, people understood each other, they would never agree." - Charles Baudelaire

After Nov. 3rd a lot will go back to normal. The coronavirus will be running on fumes at that point, and Democrats will forget about BLM until they need them in another 2/4 years. The division and chaos of this year being right before the election is no coincidence.

Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:45 am
Defeats all expectations

Is Shack an owner of KJ? I can see why Magnus and Chip don't want to engage or provide content here.

Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:14 pm
The Kramer

I believe Shack is the face of KJ but Sparrow outranks him on the forum? And yes, you can also see why Magnus would think he was better off not being a part of this anymore. Who wants to get riled up every time they come on a movie forum? Especially when the MAGAs are just making shit up to get a rise out of you. We have facebook for that!

Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:10 pm
Devil's Advocate

i.hope wrote:
Is Shack an owner of KJ? I can see why Magnus and Chip don't want to engage or provide content here.

I’m sorry for people that have been taught to hate people with different political views than them so much that they can’t feel safe on a forum posting with them.

Magnus said I was less than human, one of the most disrespectful things someone has said to me, and Chippy called me a piece of shit among other insults. They are willing to die on the hill of a movement that would call me toxic and problematic because of my white skin, which I consider racist towards me. Yet I am the bad guy, because "wrongthink" and skepticism over what the media is feeding people is worse than personally attacking people in this culture.

If the forum goes belly up I take some responsibility for it, but not all responsibility for it. There have been hundreds of posters who’ve left and the forum is a much less friendly place than it was 10-15 years ago. There was once a social nature with posters like bABA, Rod, Raffiki, etc. that is long gone. Some posters feel unsafe around conservative posts, other posters feel unsafe when people attack them for their opinions. Some posters like Dr Lecter and bradley had issues with the forum feeling toxic. The main thing dooming this forum is that we consistently lose members every year and add literally 0, and this was true before coronavirus. We made a great effort to try to gain more but nobody signs up and stays around. Maybe the younger generation just isn’t into forums like this anymore, or maybe the energy is off. Maybe that ReptileDysfunction guy that made 20-ish posts would’ve stayed if he felt like he had made new friends more than he did. I don’t know. As long as this is the case it’s unlikely we were going to make it to 2030, I hate to be doom and gloom and break it to people.

If you ask me the main problem on the internet is the radical left who are full of bullies who are spreading hate, division and shame. This has affected the forum, as even some posters like trixster, Chippy and Libs started out positive and ended up negative bullies (the latter currently has one purpose on this forum, to hang around waiting until someone makes a conservative post and then attack them) But I think I’ve made my feelings clear on that. It’s obvious some people on the other side think the conservatives are the toxic ones. I feel confident in my opinion that the radical left is bringing the negativity and emotional immaturity to the table and are impossible to deal with. As someone who participates in the right on the internet I’m seeing much more of a community and family environment than I did when regularly reading the left. As I said in a previous thread if you want a forum that’s 100% woke bullies who will attack anyone who disagrees with the liberal code and looking to turn on each other at any moment, I recommend visiting Awardsworthy (where Libs and Jonathan primarily post). I haven’t been able to read it since December since I was banned for saying sex is real, but I can only imagine coronavirus, everything is racist, and the usual Trump derangement syndrome has made it peak insanity. In my opinion it’s no less than the least mentally healthy forum I’ve ever seen, but if that’s your tribe so be it.

Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:23 pm
Hold the door!

Shack wrote:
i.hope wrote:

I’m sorry for people that have been taught to hate people with different political views than them so much that they can’t feel safe on a forum posting with them.

Magnus said I was less than human, one of the most disrespectful things someone has said to me, and Chippy called me a piece of shit among other insults. They are willing to die on the hill of a movement that would call me toxic and problematic because of my white skin, which I consider racist towards me. Yet I am the bad guy, because "wrongthink" and skepticism over what the media is feeding people is worse than personally attacking people in this culture.

If the forum goes belly up I take some responsibility for it, but not all responsibility for it. There have been hundreds of posters who’ve left and the forum is a much less friendly place than it was 10-15 years ago. There was once a social nature with posters like bABA, Rod, Raffiki, etc. that is long gone. Some posters feel unsafe around conservative posts, other posters feel unsafe when people attack them for their opinions. Some posters like Dr Lecter and bradley had issues with the forum feeling toxic. The main thing dooming this forum is that we consistently lose members every year and add literally 0, and this was true before coronavirus. We made a great effort to try to gain more but nobody signs up and stays around. Maybe the younger generation just isn’t into forums like this anymore, or maybe the energy is off. Maybe that ReptileDysfunction guy that made 20-ish posts would’ve stayed if he felt like he had made new friends more than he did. I don’t know. As long as this is the case it’s unlikely we were going to make it to 2030, I hate to be doom and gloom and break it to people.

If you ask me the main problem on the internet is the radical left who are full of bullies who are spreading hate, division and shame. This has affected the forum, as even some posters like trixster, Chippy and Libs started out positive and ended up negative bullies (the latter currently has one purpose on this forum, to hang around waiting until someone makes a conservative post and then attack them) But I think I’ve made my feelings clear on that. It’s obvious some people on the other side think the conservatives are the toxic ones. I feel confident in my opinion that the radical left is bringing the negativity and emotional immaturity to the table and are impossible to deal with. As someone who participates in the right on the internet I’m seeing much more of a community and family environment than I did when regularly reading the left. As I said in a previous thread if you want a forum that’s 100% woke bullies who will attack anyone who disagrees with the liberal code and looking to turn on each other at any moment, I recommend visiting Awardsworthy (where Libs and Jonathan primarily post). I haven’t been able to read it since December since I was banned for saying sex is real, but I can only imagine coronavirus, everything is racist, and the usual Trump derangement syndrome has made it peak insanity. In my opinion it’s no less than the least mentally healthy forum I’ve ever seen, but if that’s your tribe so be it.

+1

Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:59 pm
Defeats all expectations

Wow. Did not expect a long post.

My thought: It's that people don't want to add value or contribute to traffic to a site owned by someone who spills what they think is nonsense. The world is big. They choose to engage elsewhere and not to waste time here.

Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:47 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

i.hope wrote:

There's 4 of us managing the forum right now. Shack, Lilmac, MadGez and myself. We don't have owner among us or any ranking system. We try to be independent as individual posters much as possible but still try to chat and have consensus on major forum related decisions.

Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:55 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

I believe Shack is the face of KJ but Sparrow outranks him on the forum? And yes, you can also see why Magnus would think he was better off not being a part of this anymore. Who wants to get riled up every time they come on a movie forum? Especially when the MAGAs are just making shit up to get a rise out of you. We have facebook for that!

I'm not going to defend Magnus, Chippy or Shack here but I cannot (hopefully you guys can see it from neutral eyes) put the entire blame on any of the parties. They are all adults and have all been longer in the forum so I thought they would know too handle and diffuse a situation. I have had my fair share of fights here in the past and I have been given advice to just ignore the conversation or poster (which is difficult to do here with a handful of posters)

Its still sad that it happened and I wish I could have interjected earlier to stop it from happening.

As for ranks no I don't outrank Shack or vice versa. We have division of work among ourselves and I primarily look after Forum whereas the others do outreach programs including Site articles, social media etc...

Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:04 pm
Devil's Advocate

I'm locking this thread, it ran its course

Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:45 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3