Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 PS5 Is Here, Goodbye PS4 
The Kramer

Post Re: PS5
Nice! Switch is awesome. Obviously they have an infernal trove of exclusives, but its also my favorite place for indie games now.

Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:39 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Did not get to pre-order an Xbox Series X. All the retailers have been pretty terrible handling the pre-orders for Xbox and PlayStation, but Amazon has been especially awful. They don't even have a listing for the Xbox Series S. I'll check my local Walmart on launch day. It's not a 24-hour location, so as long as I'm there before they open, and they actually have some, I should be able to pick one up.

And I'm sure you'll love the Switch, zwackerm. Can't really recommend any specific game because they're too many!

But a heads up since it's a great deal: Nintendo is releasing a Duo Pack featuring Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Super Mario Party on October 4th at Target for $100, $10 less than their retail price if you bought them individually. But in addition to that, Target is giving away a $10 gift card if you pre-order the duo pack online as well. If interested, the link is below, and I suspect it'll be pretty popular and might sell-out (you can only pre-order 2 copies per account as is).

LINK

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:09 pm
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

Corpse wrote:
Did not get to pre-order an Xbox Series X. All the retailers have been pretty terrible handling the pre-orders for Xbox and PlayStation, but Amazon has been especially awful. They don't even have a listing for the Xbox Series S. I'll check my local Walmart on launch day. It's not a 24-hour location, so as long as I'm there before they open, and they actually have some, I should be able to pick one up.

And I'm sure you'll love the Switch, zwackerm. Can't really recommend any specific game because they're too many!

But a heads up since it's a great deal: Nintendo is releasing a Duo Pack featuring Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Super Mario Party on October 4th at Target for $100, $10 less than their retail price if you bought them individually. But in addition to that, Target is giving away a $10 gift card if you pre-order the duo pack online as well. If interested, the link is below, and I suspect it'll be pretty popular and might sell-out (you can only pre-order 2 copies per account as is).

LINK

Thanks for the tip! I e wanted one since the beginning of our stay at home order but I’ve not been able to find one. Thank god I checked amazon today, even if it won’t ship till October.

Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:17 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Indeed. Just checked Amazon and they won't ship until November 15th now, so you got one just in time.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:49 am
Profile WWW
Veteran

I’ll get one at launch but honestly the gap between this generation and the next in terms of graphics doesn’t seem that large. Funny that GTA5 will now appear across 3 generations of consoles. Where is GTA6?!

I was blind, but now I see.

Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:19 am
Veteran

Also, I can’t wait for Cyberpunk 2077 but am willing to wait for the PS5 version in 2021. Based on many online comments I’ve read a lot of potential buyers of that game are going to wait as well. Could dampen sales of the PS4 version this fall.

Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:38 am
Veteran

List of PS4 games not backward compatible with PS5.

https://thenextweb.com/gaming/2020/10/0 ... station-5/

Small list. Highly likely all your PS4 games will be playable.

Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:40 am
The Kramer

Ghost of Tsushima is giving out a free upgrade too which will run at 60 FPS. Might just wait on that now too lol.

Miles Morales and Valhalla will have to wait till next year ... at 50% off hopefully!!

Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:52 pm
The Kramer

Great news: Bugsnax will be the first available for free with PS+! That was gonna my other day one buy (alongside Demon Soul.) Saves me $20-30. Not a lot in Grand Scheme of Next-Gen Gaming, but in the same week that my stocks are crumbling and the Rays lost my world series bet, I’ll take just about any good piece of financial news. :hahaha:

Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:22 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

The Into the Spider-Verse version of Miles in the new Spider-Man looks so awesome.

Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:08 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Target will have a buy two get one free deal on games the week of ps5s release. I guess the industry really wants me to get Miles at launch...

Maybe Mortal Kombat for the free game since I believe it is also 50.

Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:16 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Any games, or PS only?

Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:54 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Says “exceptions” , but has games from all the systems shown.

Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:37 pm
The Kramer

Nevermind all sony exclusives are exception. Could still get Call of Duty, Assassins Creed and Kombat but they’d likely be even cheaper by the time I get done with Demon Souls lol.

Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:11 pm
The Kramer

The system is a beauty and I like the feel of the controller. Have only played Bugsnax and Astroboy for a little bit.

Bugsnax had a nice surprise though. All the bugs say their name out loud like in the Pokemon Anime. :funny:

Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:30 pm
The Kramer

It's hard to say goodbye to PS4, we had a lot of good times, but next gen calls. In memorial, here are the best games I played on it. The games of a generation. :)

1. Overwatch
2. Red Dead Redemption 2
3. The Last of Us Part 2
4. Spider-Man
5. Persona 5

6. Dying Light
7. Bloodborne
8. Horizon: Zero Dawn

9. Resident Evil 2 Remake
10. Rocket League

11. Jedi Fallen Order
12. Pyre
13. Resogun
14. God of War

15. Dragon Age 3
16. Celeste
17. Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
18. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
19. Doom Eternal
20. Hotline Miami 2

21. Kingdom Hearts 3
22. Resident Evil 7
23. Rogue Legacy
24. Batman: Arkham Knight
25. Shovel Knight / Specter Of Torment
26. Fallout 4
27. Assassin's Creed Origins
28. Alienation
29. Final Fantasy 7 Remake

30. South Park: The Fractured But Whole

31. Disgaea 5: An Alliance of Vengeance
32. Rise of the Tomb Raider
33. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End / Lost Legacy
34. Injustice 2
35. Control
36. Inside
37. Ratchet and Clank
38. Dark Souls 3
39. Destiny 2
40. Titanfall 2

41. Velocity 2x
42. Dead Cells
43. Fall Guys
44. Bloodstained: Rituals of the Night
45. Helldivers
46. Trials Fusion
47. Outlast
48. Until Dawn
49. Transistor
50. Infamous: Second Son / First Light

Apologies to anything that was forgotten and Ghost of Tsushima for still not playing you. :funny:

Last edited by Flava'd vs The World on Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:58 pm
Hold the door!

Post Re: PS5 Is Here, Goodbye PS4
Going to get one once they aren’t sold out, which probably won’t be till next year lol

Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2