Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
 WW3 
Romosexual!

Post WW3
WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!

Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:30 am
KJ's Leading Pundit

Post Re: WW3
I wouldn't doubt Iran doing something to react. But I'm curious what the "sides" would be for a "world war 3". Would it just be a US/Middle East thing? Would Russia go against the middle east, essentially for their own gain?

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:11 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Donald Trump in 2020: I will start a war with Iran because I have absolutely no ability to negotiate. I'm weak and I'm ineffective, so the only way I figure that I'm going to get re-elected, and as sure as you're sitting there, is to start a war with Iran.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:32 pm
Profile WWW
Defeats all expectations

The US is sending 3,000 more troops to the Middle East.

Please elect a president who learns to de-escalate and is capable of diplomacy. I want an administration that does not casually throw around the word "terrorist" on TV and treat the citizens as an audience of war propaganda.

Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:26 pm
Defeats all expectations

Chippy wrote:
I wouldn't doubt Iran doing something to react. But I'm curious what the "sides" would be for a "world war 3". Would it just be a US/Middle East thing? Would Russia go against the middle east, essentially for their own gain?

I don't think there will be an all-out world war in the near future. Most countries will sit out. But a proxy war like in the later stage of Syria could be a possible outcome.

Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:36 pm
The Kramer

So Trump goes to war and removes the Iranian government ...what then? The only end game is removing sovereignty from the majority of Middle Eastern countries and just having Israel, Turkey and Saudi Arabia control the entire region. I’m sure that will go over well and not lead to an eternity of civil wars.

Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:37 pm
llegó a la casa vía marítima

Chippy wrote:

Russia, China, and Iran had joint military drills like a day ago.

Thank God I'm in Canada.

Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:02 pm
Superfreak

Even Trump I am sure knows any prolonged or significant conflict in the Middle East is political suicide. It is not 2004 or the 1940s. NOBODY wants it and anyone who begins one will suffer enormous political consequences immediately

Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:41 pm
Forum General

i.hope wrote:

Please elect a president who learns to de-escalate and is capable of diplomacy. I want an administration that does not casually throw around the word "terrorist" on TV and treat the citizens as an audience of war propaganda.

The only candidate I can say with confidence that would not send troops and would fit this description won't be elected. I am curious to see how she does in New Hampshire though.

Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:53 pm
Profile WWW
Defeats all expectations

SolC9 wrote:
i.hope wrote:

The only candidate I can say with confidence that would not send troops and would fit this description won't be elected. I am curious to see how she does in New Hampshire though.

My standard is probably lower than yours for president. As long as they don't go out with a bullhorn talking bs about having the best deals when there is no deal (North Korea)... As long as they don't talk down US allies to boast about themselves... As long as they are diplomatic and thoughtful and do not act like a bully losing US credibility and international leverage... I am fine with them.

So far on the Democratic side, frontrunners Warren, Buttigieg, and Sanders are fit. Regarding Gabbard, if she is to stand out in the foreign policy front, she needs to talk in depth about how she'd apply her philosophy and ideas to the current situation. Her messaging is kind of bland now.

Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:29 am
Devil's Advocate

Iconic tweet

Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:00 am
Romosexual!

"Repent! The end is nigh."

Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:24 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

BURN EVERYTHING!!!!

Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:29 am
Defeats all expectations

Iran admitted it shot down a Ukranian passenger jet by accident, killing all 176 people aboard.

https://apnews.com/21f4a92a2dfbc38581719664bdf6f38e

Last edited by i.hope on Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:11 pm
Defeats all expectations

The Iraqi Parliament voted yes on a non-binding resolution that aimed to push U.S. troops to leave the country. Later, the Iraqi prime minister asked the US to dispatch a delegation to chart how to pull out its 5,200 troops. The US dismissed the request, urging the Iraqi government to "recommit to our strategic partnership — not to discuss troop withdrawal".

Iraq:
Quote:
“The prime minister said American forces had entered Iraq and drones are flying in its airspace without permission from Iraqi authorities, and this was a violation of the bilateral agreements,”

The US:
Quote:
“Our mission set there is very clear. We’ve been there to perform a training mission to help the Iraqi security forces be successful and to continue the campaign against ISIS, to continue the counter-Daesh campaign. We’re going to continue that mission but, as times change and we get to a place where we can deliver upon what I believe and what the president believes is our right structure with fewer resources dedicated to that mission, we will do so.”

https://apnews.com/182bae76452d7565b0a3d840ff0369cb

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/01/10/mike-pompeo-iraq-troops-withdrawal-097168

I don't think it is easy for Iraq to insist on a US troop withdrawal.

Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:33 pm
Defeats all expectations

US troops are for sale, according to Trump.

What is the point of Trump talking explicitly and openly about "payments" by Saudi Arabia and South Korea for US military bases? Can anything good come out of that other than fooling US people? Troops in South Korea give the US leverage over the region. The US gets to have great influence over SK's policy towards China because of that.

Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:52 pm
Defeats all expectations

European leaders urge all parties to preserve the Iranian nuclear deal.

Quote:
German chancellor Angela Merkel on Saturday repeated a call for all parties to respect the Iranian nuclear accord, despite Iran’s decision to intensify its enrichment of uranium and moves by the United States to impose economic sanctions.

Under a deal brokered in 2015, known as the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA), Iran agreed with China, France, Germany, Russia, the United Kingdom and the United States, to restrict its nuclear program.

“We agreed that we should do anything to preserve the deal, the JCPOA. Germany is convinced that Iran should not acquire or have nuclear weapons,” Merkel said during a joint press conference with Russian President Vladimir Putin in Moscow on Saturday.

“For this reason we will continue to employ all diplomatic means to keep this agreement alive, which is certainly not perfect but it is an agreement and it comprises commitments by all sides,” Merkel said.

Unlike the United States, which on Friday imposed new economic sanctions on Iran, the Europeans have given Tehran more time to avoid nuclear proliferation rather than begin a process that could lead to a reimposition of U.N. sanctions.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-russia-germany-iran-nuclear/german-chancellor-urges-all-parties-to-back-iran-nuclear-deal-idUSKBN1ZA0PR

Should Iran keep the promise and not pursue nuclear weapons?

Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:22 pm
Defeats all expectations

So the imminent threat against 4 embassies was made up?

Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]