Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:12 am

Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 The Good News Thread 
The Kramer

Post The Good News Thread
There’s not alot of it right now so I figure we can put it all in one place.

At least for today - toilet paper is back!! I had stocked up on tissues but I assume the plumbers in my building will be much happier with this.

Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:30 pm
Devil's Advocate

Post Re: The Good News Thread
I work at a grocery store and there was a huge difference between Wednesday and Thursday in terms of panic buying here, the faucet turned off after 5-6 days in a row of Christmas Eve level plus sales. But my guess is there’s waves and if there’s another scary jump it would start again.

Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:13 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Animal Crossing: New Horizons launched today (yesterday).

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:08 am
Profile WWW
Defeats all expectations

I am an uncle now.

Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:33 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

Congratulations to you and your family :thumbsup:

Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:59 am
Keeping it Light

I'm in China.

Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:02 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

Is that a good news stuffp?

Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:34 am
The Kramer

Corpse wrote:
Animal Crossing: New Horizons launched today (yesterday).
And Doom Eternal! I’g glad Gamestop stayed open long enough for me to get it. :D

Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:26 pm
Keeping it Light

Jack Sparrow wrote:

There's been no local infections in the whole country for 3-4 straight days, that's pretty good news.

Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:03 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

stuffp wrote:
Jack Sparrow wrote:

There's been no local infections in the whole country for 3-4 straight days, that's pretty good news.

Great to hear that stuffp. Stay safe :thumbsup:

Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:08 pm
Superfreak

In what is probably the last hope of this thing reaching a fairly quick end, Chloroquine and the other drugs go into widespread use this Tuesday in NYC. If they prove effective as hoped, and can result in some sort of improved treatment plan, this will change everything.

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1241748320986464261

Best case scenario seems to be a combination of these drugs working in reducing the mortality rate, the social distancing working in reducing the case count, resulting in the bans being lifted in the early-mid April timeframe and paired with an onslaught of government checks to consumers.

Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:44 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Adding the phrase "President is very optimistic" makes me feel less assured at this point.

Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:52 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

Excel...

https://twitter.com/levfacher/status/12 ... 43392?s=19

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:04 pm
Superfreak

I'm sorry but do some people want Trump to fail at solving this crisis just so they can say "I told you so", even if it means many people dying in the process? No wonder nobody wants to follow Democrats these days, the negativity endless and not something your average person responds to or wants to follow.

"We have a drug that has been used for decades, Doctors on several continents have tried it on this virus with some reported success, let see what happens".

"A sign of hope? This cannot be! The drug might have SIDE EFFECTS (even though its been in use for decades)! It isn't completely PROVEN THAT IT WORKS YET (nobody said it was)! "

Fauci - in that interview, and in others - has reiterated he thinks there is potential for it, it just needs further testing to be sure. He is not saying it works and he is not saying it doesn't work. Every drug has side effects if misused - doesn't mean they're not effective, and doesn't mean the side effects can't be avoided.

They don't need a cure, they just need something that can make treatment better, that can take the already low mortality rate and get it lower.

When that happens, they can get rid of this distancing bans and the economy can back to normal

Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:34 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

But then they ordered the drug in mass quantity. If its for research purposes they should not have declared it outside as "hopeful" cure. It smells desperation and if the drug doesn't work it might cause more panic than the temporary relaxation.

Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:26 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

Excel wrote:
I'm sorry but do some people want Trump to fail at solving this crisis just so they can say "I told you so", even if it means many people dying in the process? No wonder nobody wants to follow Democrats these days, the negativity endless and not something your average person responds to or wants to follow.

"We have a drug that has been used for decades, Doctors on several continents have tried it on this virus with some reported success, let see what happens".

"A sign of hope? This cannot be! The drug might have SIDE EFFECTS (even though its been in use for decades)! It isn't completely PROVEN THAT IT WORKS YET (nobody said it was)! "

Fauci - in that interview, and in others - has reiterated he thinks there is potential for it, it just needs further testing to be sure. He is not saying it works and he is not saying it doesn't work. Every drug has side effects if misused - doesn't mean they're not effective, and doesn't mean the side effects can't be avoided.

They don't need a cure, they just need something that can make treatment better, that can take the already low mortality rate and get it lower.

When that happens, they can get rid of this distancing bans and the economy can back to normal

Your brain is the size of a peanut, holy fuck.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:55 am
Romosexual!

Chippy wrote:
Excel wrote:

Your brain is the size of a peanut, holy fuck.

but Chip it's okay to let the old people and those immune compromised to just die to save America so the rest of us can get back to our shopping & sports watching.

DONT YOU UNDERSTAND!!! THIS IS MURICA!

Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:10 am
Superfreak

Not pushing for that at all; just noting the negativity from certain groups is suffocating, no wonder they're miserable

Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:53 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

Which groups? People that say trump is an idiot are not being "negative". They're stating facts. The guy is a fuckwad.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:07 pm
Superfreak

The group hearing news of different drugs have some success fighting the virus and instantly adding something trying to downplay it are being "negative" for sure.

Only stupid Democrats could find a way to make Trump look like a victim, but leave it to them to blame him for 2 grown adults drinking fish tank cleaner after he said he was hopefully trial usage of prescription drugs would go well. :roll:

Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:37 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

Trump has literally never said any of the things you claim. Nobody is arguing that those drugs could be helpful. They're arguing that fucking shithead saying that these drugs work, etc etc.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:45 pm
Devil's Advocate

There are so many people thinking strictly with emotion in this situation whether it’s because that’s how they always responded to Trump for years, combined with coronavirus fears. So it’s very easy for the media and twitter accounts to take advantage of them by telling them exactly what they want to hear. The same sources that said for years Trump was a Russian asset and that ________ was the beginning of the end and would lead to his impeachment, are now saying he’s doing every single thing wrong in his coronavirus and killing millions. There’s a guy on twitter Seth Abramson for example where it’s obvious what he’s doing. He has 780k+ followers and has ca$hed in with bestselling books just by writing tweets that are exactly what the anti Trump people want to hear whether it’s Russiagate or about coronavirus.

Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:40 pm
llegó a la casa vía marítima

Lol after that Russia mess how does anyone take media seriously.

Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:38 pm
Superman: The Movie

Trump just found out yesterday ("they tell me") that the Olympics occur on even years. It's good to see that he's caught up to third graders.

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:48 pm
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Pundit

Barrabás wrote:
Lol after that Russia mess how does anyone take media seriously.

It's literally been proven multiple times that russian bots affected the election.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:14 am
Reply to topic   [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next