Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 4649 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 186  Next
 The Biden era: The Establishment Strikes Back 

Should DP07 be temporarily banned for spamming?
Yes 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 0

The Biden era: The Establishment Strikes Back 
Extraordinary

Post Re: The Favorite 2020 (Phase One)
Biden centrist. That’s a nice joke.

I’m loving the enthusiasm of this debate. I like democrats coming out wanting to throw people off their private insurance, give free healthcare to illegal aliens, and granting citizenship to people who cane illegally. It’s so fun. I’m looking forward to the gun confiscation and pro death rights and so on.

I did like swalwells dog on Biden to pass the torch.
I also liked kamala line calming down the stage. Leadership but she’s still shrill and bossy.
The mayor is ridiculously well spoken and clear.

I don’t want that wench having a justice department in her power. She’s dangerous
These guys... it’s all about the children again. Illegal alien children and all of a sudden they are our responsibility. This is wack.
That cages trash again. If you say it enough times. Classic

45TH PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A. DONALD J. TRUMP
#MAGA #KAG!
10,000 post achieved on - Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 pm

Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:40 pm
Extraordinary

I see kamala rising . She’s got wonderful hair too.

I can’t see Bennett’s top row of teeth.

Who is winning to me.

Kamala easily
The mayor reviving himself
Idk yang appeals to me because he’s not a politician and maybe he speaks to calmly and precise but I like his delivery

#MAGA #KAG!

Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:57 pm
Extraordinary

Woah did you see the mayor give swalwell the evil side eye. That was nice. Why would you fire a police grief when the investigation isn’t even done . Sheesh. Swalwell...

Ohh kamala bringing up the segregationist comments . That’s vicious

#MAGA #KAG!

Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:04 pm
The Kramer

“As the only African-American on stage I’d like to have a say on race.” - Kamala is on fire. She is quieting the stage at will and almost brought Biden to tears.

Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:05 pm
Extraordinary

Kamala needs to NOT be a shouty bossy woman. It’s such a turnoff.

#MAGA #KAG!

Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:08 pm
The Kramer

Well she is a lawyer. :funny:

“I don’t call it climate change, I call it a climate crisis.” Another potential campaign slogan casually dropped. Trump will have a nickname for her by the end of the weekend.

Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:21 pm
The Kramer

After debate 1 I think we have a clear top ten, with five having a real chance at the nomination, and I’d be surprised if anyone else made the next debate.

My preference

Warren
Kamala
Bernie
Buttigieg
Yang
Booker
Biden
Castro
Gabbard
Beto

Likelihood to win

Biden
Warren
Kamala
Bernie
Buttigieg
Booker
Castro
Yang
Gabbard
Beto

Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:04 pm
Superfreak

Harris's demeanor will turn off many and nobody will believe Biden is a racist, not sure where thats going

Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:14 am
KJ's Leading Pundit

zwackerm wrote:
Chippy wrote:
So who would you vote for, the Centrist Biden, or the Far Right Trump?

Guess

IDK, sometimes you seem reasonable, and sometimes your friend wants to rape a young girl. So...?

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:32 am
Defeats all expectations

"If more guns made us safer we’d be the safest country on earth." - Pete Buttigieg

This is how you flip the script on the hypocrites and propagandists and strike the heart of an argument with a single line.

Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:43 am
Devil's Advocate

Kamala is a major player, but I've felt for a while going that direction is how the Democrats lose the election. She is not exactly a moderate politician who'll play either side to get elected, but compared to people like Warren and Sanders, there's just enough of something people don't trust and is the type of candidate people make tweets about how she's only pretending to like hot sauce to pander to black people. Trump will make it much worse by playing up Crooked Kamala etc. If Democrats nominate another candidate who can't turn out the progressives they will lose as MAGA passion will supreme again. Then again maybe all the Berniebros need to see is a black woman against Trump and they'll be able to dust off their change posters enough to go for it. She's no Hillary who was the worst candidate humanly possible to make progressives care about voting on Election Day

Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:00 am
Defeats all expectations

Quote:
Kamala will make it much worse by playing up Crooked Trump etc.

This is correct. She is more fiery and aggressive than Trump in tonight's performance. She is also more knowledgeable, articulate, spontaneous, and full of affecting personal anecdotes.

Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:10 am
KJ's Leading Pundit

I would be absolutely DELIGHTED if Kamala got to debate Trump. If you've ever wanted to see another human verbally disembowel someone, that would be it.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:23 am
Defeats all expectations

Corpse wrote:
i.hope wrote:
Corpse wrote:

Tim Ryan, while an obvious long-shot, basically killed his run tonight.

What do you think killed his run?

I only watched the first and a little into the second hour and the closing statements. IMO, he's quite good in delivery (clear and distinct voice and resolute posture).

His entire Afghanistan/Taliban (foreign policy) exchange with Tulsi Gabbard. It's incredibly important to make a positive early impression at this stage of the race, especially in such a crowded field, and Gabbard of all people really got the better of him here. The look on Ryan's face was very, very telling, and then his attempt to correct himself made it even worse with his 9/11 comments.

And I just saw that this resulted in Gabbard being the most searched candidate on Google during the debate, seeing a huge surge near the end to overtake Booker, Warren, etc., thanks to this moment. She's obviously a long shot as well, but this will help her remain in the discussion for a little while longer.

I saw the clip. It was a gotcha moment.

Afghanistan is a complicated situation that should be discussed in detail. But the debate format that night did not allow that.

The US-led coalition attacked Afghanistan on the premise that the totalitarian Taliban regime controlling the region was harboring the 9/11 attackers. The coalition removed the Taliban from power. But the Taliban still launched insurgent attacks against the new Afghan government and coalition troops. Would a US withdrawal help or hurt the safety of the Afghan people, the functioning of the Afghan government and the supposed US interest in reducing threats to the US? That should be a long conversation. The segment was too short for either candidate to offer much insight.

Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:25 am
Defeats all expectations

nghtvsn wrote:
We need to pay for illegal alien diapers and all their healthcare because...they got here apparently.

The government detains the children. It is responsible for their basic health needs. And the code of ethics in medical care treats everyone the same regardless of a person's citizenship status.

Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:04 pm
Superfreak

Chippy wrote:
I would be absolutely DELIGHTED if Kamala got to debate Trump. If you've ever wanted to see another human verbally disembowel someone, that would be it.

No she wouldn't. Trump is ruthless and disrespectful, she would get called out for playing the race and victim card as she did last night, he would wreck her time as a prosecutor locking up weed smokers, it wouldn't be good. Kamala is treated with kid gloves by dems because she's a female POC. Trump won't give a shit.

Bootedgedge is probably the best bet for contrast against DT.

Not like the debates, which Hillary dominated, mattered last time...

Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:05 pm
Defeats all expectations

Excel wrote:
Chippy wrote:

No she wouldn't. Trump is ruthless and disrespectful, she would get called out for playing the race and victim card as she did last night, he would wreck her time as a prosecutor locking up weed smokers, it wouldn't be good. Kamala is treated with kid gloves by dems because she's a female POC. Trump won't give a shit.

Bootedgedge is probably the best bet for contrast against DT.

Not like the debates, which Hillary dominated, mattered last time...

Talking about her personal experience as related to a policy is not playing the race card. Blacks under state-sanctioned slavery and segregation are victims. Is this still up for debate?

Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:10 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

Trump couldn't wreck ME in a debate. He would be embarrassed by Kamala.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:14 pm
Superfreak

i.hope wrote:
Talking about her personal experience as related to a policy is not playing the race card. Blacks under state-sanctioned slavery and segregation are victims. Is this still up for debate?

That they're victims is not up for debate. However, when a politician does it in the context of Kamala - nobody is calling for bussing currently & no voters gained anything from her rant, only she gains from sympathy - yes it is playing the race and victim card 100%.

Last edited by Excel on Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:16 pm
Superfreak

Chippy wrote:
Trump couldn't wreck ME in a debate. He would be embarrassed by Kamala.

Couldn't wreck you by *your standards*

The biggest problem USA faces is the decline in intelligence of average voter, people who I assure you have different standards than you do.

This needs to stay top of mind throughout this election Hillary crushed Trump in every debate by traditional metrics. And?

Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:17 pm
Hold the door!

No one flips because of debates. People only flip because they get angry at the party they’re part of and do it in spite.

Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:30 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

Yes, but people will VOTE because of debates. You can impassion your voting base with great debates. If Dems can drive out their base, the election (any election) won't be close. A lot of people had major issues with Clinton, yet she got the 3rd most votes of any presidential candidate in history. It's not even a question that there are substantially more people in the US that aligns with the left than the right. Especially since the right is now a bunch of fucking psychopaths.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:40 pm
Defeats all expectations

Excel wrote:
i.hope wrote:

That they're victims is not up for debate. However, when a politician does it in the context of Kamala - nobody is calling for bussing currently & no voters gained anything from her rant, only she gains from sympathy - yes it is playing the race and victim card 100%.

ok. She uses her personal story to remind voters Biden's poor political instinct can hurt people and it's an important history. I think it's fair game, but it's not the most pressing concern right now.

Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:53 pm
Hold the door!

Chippy wrote:
Yes, but people will VOTE because of debates. You can impassion your voting base with great debates. If Dems can drive out their base, the election (any election) won't be close. A lot of people had major issues with Clinton, yet she got the 3rd most votes of any presidential candidate in history. It's not even a question that there are substantially more people in the US that aligns with the left than the right. Especially since the right is now a bunch of fucking psychopaths.

I mean it’s probably closer to 45/55 split and that’s not that significant. I could 100% see even the popular vote flip in this election.

Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:50 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

LOLOL this isn't a Bush/Kerry situation. Bush had approval ratings +10% of what Trump has now. Outside of that election, the last R win in the popular vote was 1988.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4649 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 186  Next