Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 4649 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 186  Next
 The Biden era: The Establishment Strikes Back 

Should DP07 be temporarily banned for spamming?
Yes 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 0

The Biden era: The Establishment Strikes Back 
Quality is a great business plan

Post Re: Democratic Primary 2020
it will be a 5 way contest soon. Biden, Warren, Sanders, Buttegieg and Bloomberg. All others wont be able to fund themselves as well.

I used to be shawman.

Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:00 pm
Superfreak

Bloomberg got in way too late; dems generally have their top choice and are all comfortable with the others should their top choice fail. Bloomberg has not been well received though he's obviously achieved a lot as an individual

Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:24 pm
The Kramer

Warren is fading. :( I knew it was a mistake to go into detail about her health care plan. Should’ve just kept on with the extremely vague “costs will go down” line.

Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:17 pm
Devil's Advocate

Biden having the black voters thanks to Obama is too big of an advantage for the others to overcome. He probably would have been president already if they didn't clear everyone out of the way for Hillary. Just continuing the Obama era wins over unpredictability of 2016 Trump (He will be a stronger candidate in 2020)

Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:48 am
Forum General

Yang is in for the debate with two days left to qualify. Gabbard has the donors, but needs one more 4+% poll. Unless a qualifying New Hampshire poll is released in the next two days her chances are almost zero. Bloomberg scored two polls today. He might be able to get two more, but the late entry makes hitting the donor mark in time almost impossible. None else has a chance to qualify.

Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:44 pm
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Pundit

ew:

538 National Polling average for Dec. 10 (with Quinnipiac and Monmouth polls)

Biden 26.1
Sanders 17.0
Warren 15.0
Buttigieg 9.5
Bloomberg 4.3
Yang 3.4
Klobuchar 2.3
Booker 1.6
Steyer 1.4
Gabbard 1.3
Castro 1.0
Patrick 0.6
Bennet 0.6
Delaney 0.5
Williamson 0.5

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:22 pm
Quality is a great business plan

SolC9 wrote:
Yang is in for the debate with two days left to qualify. Gabbard has the donors, but needs one more 4+% poll. Unless a qualifying New Hampshire poll is released in the next two days her chances are almost zero. Bloomberg scored two polls today. He might be able to get two more, but the late entry makes hitting the donor mark in time almost impossible. None else has a chance to qualify.

I doubt that would be a problem. he can buy the donors if required :-)

I used to be shawman.

Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:30 pm
Superfreak

Biden's appeal to blacks, blue collar voters, and folks nostalgic for Obama-era is simply very powerful. Not sure how it will end end but it's big.

I also very much RESPECT the manner in which Biden has not seriously attacked any of his fellow Dem candidates. He could be much more blunt than he has been about challengers. You can tell he is 100% aware he could lose the nomination and does not want to undermine anyones future chances. Unlike ahem Bernie 216 ahem

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
Warren is fading. :( I knew it was a mistake to go into detail about her health care plan. Should’ve just kept on with the extremely vague “costs will go down” line.

She isn't done yet but it was incredibly stupid to bearhug what is an incredibly unpopular policy. It will hurt Sanders when/if people really start taking him seriously.

Biden will be a much stronger and more popular candidate with ultra-libs when he is campaigning against Trump.

Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:39 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

Over 50% of the country supports Medicare for All.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:39 am
Superfreak

How popular is medicare for all the in the general election states that matter?

And btw, no, 50% of the country does not want to socialized medicine. Every Republicans and many Dems don't want it. It has tanked Warren in the DEMOCRATs primary. If the policy ever became a serious subject, opposition would be overwhelming. Polls like that are actual fake news.

We are capitalist country and the vast majority of Americans want it stay that way. Politics USED to be about dealing with the minor problems and channeling the incredible benefits of Capitalism, not sure why some Dems want to change that but they should abandon that ship before it tanks the entire party.

Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:40 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

Excel wrote:

And btw, no, 50% of the country does not want to socialized medicine. Every Republicans and many Dems don't want it. It has tanked Warren in the DEMOCRATs primary. If the policy ever became a serious subject, opposition would be overwhelming. Polls like that are actual fake news.

We are capitalist country and the vast majority of Americans want it stay that way. Politics USED to be about dealing with the minor problems and channeling the incredible benefits of Capitalism, not sure why some Dems want to change that but they should abandon that ship before it tanks the entire party.

Literally every poll from every pollsters says support is over 50%. Even Fox News.

Is your brain broken?

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:53 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

Excel wrote:

Also, are you fucking kidding me? Have you not seen how awful wealth inequality has gotten? It's exponentially worse now than it ever has been before. MAJOR changes need to happen.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:54 pm
Extraordinary

Chippy wrote:

Literally every poll from every pollsters says support is over 50%. Even Fox News.

Is your brain broken?

There is a very real attitude in certain right-wing groups to ignore facts they don't like. They yell "fake news" and otherwise just claim it's not true, while real, actual evidence proves them wrong time and time again.

And you know what? It apparently works, as it convinces the gullible.

https://thehill.com/hilltv/what-america ... ealth-care

Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:59 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Most people want medicare-for-all but nobody wants it forced on them. They’re just getting around to liking Obamacare. So again, saying you want medicare-for-all with a vague “costs will go down” reasoning is fine. Laying out a plan that costs an inconceivable amount of money not only makes it seem unrealistic, but makes her other big ideas seem less achievable as well. It was a huge mistake. She needed to win both Iowa and New Hampshire to knock Bernie out and take his votes, and that seems pretty unlikely now since they will split an already split faction of the party.

Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:07 pm
Superfreak

Groucho wrote:
Chippy wrote:

Is your brain broken?

There is a very real attitude in certain right-wing groups to ignore facts they don't like. They yell "fake news" and otherwise just claim it's not true, while real, actual evidence proves them wrong time and time again.

And you know what? It apparently works, as it convinces the gullible.

https://thehill.com/hilltv/what-america ... ealth-care

Chippy wrote:

Is your brain broken?

Respectfully to you both, Flava'd assessment is correct. There is an incredibly large difference between someone saying they support everyone having healthcare through Medicare for All in theory and then supporting a plan which actually achieves it. All those polls basically say is more people are open to hearing about it than in the past, with frankly is a huge improvement over 2010 when the public option was political death during Obamacare formation.

The fact is those polls don't change the fact that Warren has tanked in the polls solely due to having to get into the realities of what 'Medicare For All' would actually mean. As soon as the conversation shifts from the theoretical to the actual, support for it tanks. She was - and in many ways still is - running a tremendous campaign but she made herself seem up in the clouds with the medicare proposal. Need to live in reality and it had a massive mistake.

Chippy wrote:
Also, are you fucking kidding me? Have you not seen how awful wealth inequality has gotten? It's exponentially worse now than it ever has been before. MAJOR changes need to happen.

As a general rule of thing, it should be noted that if we actually care about society and people's quality of living as whole, we should understand that improving "Wealth inequality" is not nearly as important as improving the quality of life for EVERYONE. People who find a way to improve the lives of thousands of people become rich. People who improve the lives of millions of people become extremely rich.

I was a tremendous supporter of Obama and both Clintons in the general election. I loath Trump and hopes he gets crushed by whoever the Dem nominee is. However, it seems inescapable to me that a faction of the Democrat Party has brainwashed themselves into believing - at their core - some very exaggerated things about the nature of the world.

Not everyone is equally intelligent nor does everyone want to learn as much as another may want to. Not everyone works as hard as others may want to nor does everyone want to work hard. Not everyone is willing to sacrifice the same things to improve their own lives in the long run. Ultimately, not everyone is capable of contributing the same. The societal structure has to encourage the individual behaviors that are good for the masses and discourage the behaviors which are bad for the masses.

Intentional or not, I have no idea, but the messaging of some Dems comes off as if they're telling the lazy, underachievers of the world that they deserve the same lifestyles as a doctor without any of the work sacrifice or societal contribution. The messages absolutely push a narrative that is against the high contributors to society. The messaging absolutely pushes a victim mindset which will in a actuality help NOBODY learn the skills needed to rise above their circumstances.

If they think this will prove to be winning messaging, I suspect they will be very disappointed

Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:57 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

If you think Bezos and Gates and Musk are "smarter than everyone else" and "work harder", boy, that says a whole lot about you.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:55 am
Superfreak

Chippy wrote:
If you think Bezos and Gates and Musk are "smarter than everyone else" and "work harder", boy, that says a whole lot about you.

If you think it is more important to control Gates and Musks wealth than to put them a in a position to maximize their contributions to society, you're a moron who does not care about society overall.

And I can assure you that the Elon Musks and Bill Gates of the world absolutely are of more intelligence and work harder than your average person...

Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:32 am
KJ's Leading Pundit

So you think Gates/Bezos should just go unchecked? Let them just keep not paying taxes, contributing a fraction of what the average person contributes? Just because they own companies?

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:58 am
Superfreak

Chippy wrote:
So you think Gates/Bezos should just go unchecked? Let them just keep not paying taxes, contributing a fraction of what the average person contributes? Just because they own companies?

Where in my statement about prioritizing issues was any of the bolded stated? Chippy, read my statement and read yours. Your conclusions are absurd and that you jumped to them so quickly rather than digesting what was actually said for what it says is pathetic and ridiculous and quite telling of the state of many Democrats. It is why saying "Trump sucks" isn't enough to win an election - because all the Democrats thinking this way suck too!

There is a huge chunk of the Democratic party ATM that needs to look in the maybe and strongly consider seeing a shrink. They have brainwashed themselves into an insane line of thinking that is both dangerous for the country, the party itself, and in many ways themselves as an individual.

Yes, let's make people feel dumb for working, working hard, sacrificing, dreaming, achieving things, etc. Lets demonize the successful even they're just using their bigger platforms to help more people than they were previously able to. Great plan. :roll:

Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:36 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

Demonizing the successful? We're demonizing BILLIONAIRES, you crackpot. Do you HONESTLY think those people worked hard for billions of dollars? Harder than those coal miners republicans love so much? Nobody is demonizing folks who make a few hundred thousand a year.

Them having billions of dollars does not "maximize their contributions to society". What an idiotic thing to say. They literally do nothing for society besides owning their companies.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:53 pm
Superfreak

Chippy wrote:
Demonizing the successful? We're demonizing BILLIONAIRES, you crackpot. Do you HONESTLY think those people worked hard for billions of dollars? Harder than those coal miners republicans love so much? Nobody is demonizing folks who make a few hundred thousand a year.

Them having billions of dollars does not "maximize their contributions to society". What an idiotic thing to say. They literally do nothing for society besides owning their companies.

:funny:

When that coal miner has the vision, capability, and smarts to improve the quality of living for billions of people, talk to me.

Sorry but your average coal miner can't invent the personal computer with widespread applications to improve the quality of life for billions of people. Your average coal miner can't create and scale electric self driving cars that can transform society and dramatically improve the affects of travel on the environment. :funny:

You're insinuation that a billionaire doesn't work hard to become a billionaire is insane, but furthermore - your viewpoint is so devoid of any big picture perspective that it is crazy.

You need to have A LOT more respect for entrepreneurs and job creators of the world. That coal miner job goes away if someone doesn't to a risk and start the company. That coal miners job goes away of the consumer is broke and doesn't want to buy coal miner. Both scenarios are terrible for the coal miners quality of life which is much more important that worrying about a billionaire - and by the way, there are many many more coal miners than Billionaires. :funny:

Don't pretend to be so enlightened. The small-minded factions of Liberalx more concerned with tearing down billionaires than helping the working the man are why Trump won and may continue to win. Insanely wrong understanding of the working world with which the bast majority of country lives in.

When it comes down it, the number of people one positively impacts is more imports than how hard one works.

Last edited by Excel on Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:03 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

I'm in the working world, motherfucker.

Also, you completely ignored my question.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:05 pm
Superfreak

Chippy wrote:
I'm in the working world, motherfucker.

You apparently do not understand it very well.

Quote:
Also, you completely ignored my question.

No, I did not, I just noted the lunacy of that line of thinking. You stated people like Bill Gates and Elon Musk have done nothing for society, they simply own companies. :funny:

You obviously have no rebuttal for any of what I stated.

When it comes down it, the number of people one positively impacts is more important than how hard one works. Very simple

Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:07 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

They haven't positively impacted shit. They hoard their wealth. Every penny of taxes they refuse to pay does far more harm than the "thousands" of dollars they donate to charity. They could literally fix the world's problems with their money, yet they refuse to do so.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:35 pm
Superfreak

Chippy wrote:
They haven't positively impacted shit.

So Bill Gates, Larry Page, etc haven't impacted shit"? C'mon now Chippy. :funny:

Quote:
They hoard their wealth. Every penny of taxes they refuse to pay does far more harm than the "thousands" of dollars they donate to charity. They could literally fix the world's problems with their money, yet they refuse to do so.

Honest question for you - do you think Bill Gates just has $100b sitting his bank account?

Additionally, they have obviously already greatly helped with many of the worlds biggest problems. What other problems are they able to fix but ignoring despite massive charitable efforts?

Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4649 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 186  Next