Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 4649 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 186  Next
 The Biden era: The Establishment Strikes Back 

Should DP07 be temporarily banned for spamming?
Yes 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 0

The Biden era: The Establishment Strikes Back 
Defeats all expectations

Post Re: Democratic Primary 2020
Final count (NH primary):

2020 D - 300,954
2016 R - 285,916
2016 D - 253,062
2012 R - 248,475
2008 D - 287,527
2008 R - 234,851
2004 D - 219,787
2000 R - 238,206
2000 D - 154,639

Top five candidates:

Bernie Sanders 77,122 25.63% (21 delegates so far)
Pete Buttigieg 72,729 24.17% (23 delegates so far)
Amy Klobuchar 59,062 19.62% (7 delegates so far)
Elizabeth Warren 27,605 9.17% (8 delegates so far)
Joe Biden 25,208 8.38% (6 delegates so far)

Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:23 pm
Forum General

i.hope wrote:
Final count (NH primary):

2020 D - 300,954
2016 R - 285,916
2016 D - 253,062
2012 R - 248,475
2008 D - 287,527
2008 R - 234,851
2004 D - 219,787
2000 R - 238,206
2000 D - 154,639

Top five candidates:

Bernie Sanders 77,122 25.63% (21 delegates so far)
Pete Buttigieg 72,729 24.17% (23 delegates so far)
Amy Klobuchar 59,062 19.62% (7 delegates so far)
Elizabeth Warren 27,605 9.17% (8 delegates so far)
Joe Biden 25,208 8.38% (6 delegates so far)

Record turnout is encouraging.

Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:32 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

The media is already skewing this election greatly in Trump's favor by constantly talking about him every hour of every day. They, the more liberal media at least, really need to begin covering the Democratic candidates. And when they do have a small 10-minute segment about them, it's been how they're attacking one another...

Haven't we learned over the past four years that negative press has no effect on Trump's popularity, especially among his base who it even motivates? The near constant news cycle with Trump headline after Trump headline is just free advertising once again, just like in 2016, and it's at the expense of all the Democratic candidates. He's not going to lose support no matter the headline. The dude was impeached, did that hurt him? Hell no, his approval rating increased following it.

Democratic voters, and any former Trump supporters, don't want to see how Trump continues to test his powers and how he's getting away with it every day, it's depressing them. They want to see the candidates they'll be choosing from, and decide on who they'll support by learning what they're about, seeing who they are, hearing them speak, etc., in order to defeat him.

Stop. Covering. Trump.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:27 pm
Profile WWW
100% That Bitch

Somehow Trump has the re-election locked. What the fuck is wrong with your country?

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:58 pm
Forum General

Mau wrote:
Somehow Trump has the re-election locked. What the fuck is wrong with your country?

Who said that?

Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:06 pm
100% That Bitch

I've seen nothing but Dems throwing each other down instead of showing a strong forth against him.
Just like 2016 and we all know how that goes.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:12 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

Yeah how dare all the Dems pile on famous Democrat... Mike Bloomberg.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:51 am
Forum General

Could be an interesting debate tonight. Bloomberg first time on stage, Amy hot off two good debates and a surprisingly strong performance in New Hampshire. Bernie dominating recent national polls with Biden and Warren sliding. The thing I'm most interested in is if Amy can turn any extra attention she gets into further momentum. I think she needs to distinguish herself from fellow moderate Pete and convince people she's the better choice. She also badly needs to win some minoity voters from Biden.

Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:02 pm
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Pundit

I'm curious if all the candidates go after Bloomberg, or if they continue to go after Bernie. It would be smart for Pete/Amy/Biden to all go after Bloomberg.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:10 pm
Forum General

Chippy wrote:
I'm curious if all the candidates go after Bloomberg, or if they continue to go after Bernie. It would be smart for Pete/Amy/Biden to all go after Bloomberg.

It would not surprise me at all if they all go after Bloomberg.

Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:37 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Sanders, Pete, and Warren will target Bloomberg.
Bloomberg, Pete, and Amy will target Sanders.
Biden and Amy will target Sanders and Pete.

No one will really target Biden, Amy, or Warren, especially Warren. Amy might get hit once or twice on her prosecutor record by Pete, but it'll be largely overshadowed by the attacks on Bloomberg and Sanders.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Last edited by Corpse on Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:19 pm
Profile WWW
Grill

They should all go after him. I think he hurts Amy and Pete's chances the most.

Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:19 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Going all-in on Bloomberg can easily backfire though by making him the center of attention. He's already spending upwards of half-a-billion dollars on television ads... He doesn't need the media also covering him non-stop for free as well.

Of course, if Bloomberg fails to counter or repel them, then it'll be an effective strategy and possibly stunt his climbing poll numbers. But if he comes prepared and exits the stage largely unscathed, cementing himself as a valid candidate, then it'll also be a lost opportunity for everyone to bolster themselves instead.

Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:28 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Jesus. Warren REALLY going after Bloomberg out of the gate. Did they put her beside him on purpose?

And Klobuchar, too.

Well, and now Biden (but more diplomatically). :mer: I guess everyone will be going after Bloomberg. Let's see how he defends himself.

Last edited by Corpse on Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:05 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

LOL. And Pete going hard after Sanders...

I guess the unifying message is going to take a break tonight. They're all yelling and seem legitimately pissed off. Kind of reminiscent of the 2016 Republican debates...

Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:10 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Wow. Bloomberg with possibly the worst response EVER in regard to his tax returns...

"I make a lot of money. I can't go to TurboTax." Word for word... Disconnect, out-of-touch much? I'm not questioning that it probably would take some time, but boy... he could have really said it better in basically any other way.

A lot of fighting tonight. Sanders vs. Buttigeig and Warren vs. Bloomberg has been very heated (Warren is kneecapping Bloomberg though, hugely one-sided). And Amy and Biden just chipping in once in awhile on Medicare-For-All or to hit Bloomberg too.

Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:40 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

Bloomberg answering the NDAs question is r/watchpeopledieinside

Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:57 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Yeah... I wasn't expecting a strong night for him or anything, but figured he'd be able to defend himself and at the very least not give truly awful (literal boos from the crowd) responses to basically coast through the debate. Definitely not so.

Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:00 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Final thoughts:

First... not a good debate for the party. I understand that now is the time to get your name out there, but this was a bit too heated in my opinion, and prevented a lot of issues from being discussed.

Warren was the best tonight, and delivered her best debate performance to date. Yes, she was the most fiery (ending Bloomberg's run in the first 30-seconds and dragging him all night), but she needed the spotlight tonight and she got that. She should get a bump, but is it too late?

Bloomberg was awful. Certainly one of the worst Presidential debate performances ever. He performed slightly better in the second hour, but he went from earning an F performance to a D-. Tonight shouldn't have given any voter a reason to support him over anyone else on stage.

Sanders was Sanders. He's effective, sticks to his message, etc.

Biden was an afterthought. Not bad, not good. However... the ridiculous protesters during his closing remarks might have earned him some sympathy.

And there was some sudden, and heated, exchanges between Pete and Amy tonight. I get it: They appeal to similar voting groups, and Amy likely cost Pete the victory in New Hampshire. And they'll probably continue to hurt one another in future contests. Pete, in particular, really decided to go after Amy tonight, but is she really the one he should have focused on?

Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:00 am
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Pundit

Bernie needs to send a thank you note to Warren. She destroyed Bloomberg.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:35 am
Forum General

How did they do last night?

Warren - by far the best and most memorable of the night and just destroyed Bloomberg. Also defending Amy from Pete's attack for not knowing the Mexican presidents name was nice. Pete, aren't there more important things to focus on than that?

Sanders - gets second because he's the frontrunner and didn't take much damage thanks to the pinata Bloomberg.

Biden/Pete - Biden did better than he has been, more aptly showing the benefits of his experience. Pete was the most fluid speaker as usual. Best thing he did was paint a picture of a post super Tuesday where the only choices are Sanders and Bloomberg and point out that's not a good scenario. However, Pete mostly focused on less important things and so I give them a tie.

Amy - totally overshadowed by Warren. She wasn't bad, but wasn't memorable.

Bloomberg - what Warren did to him and the ensuing pile-on should make him drop out. It was a disaster for him being his first debate. However, I remember people saying similar things about Trump in 2016 so we'll see what happens.

Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:13 am
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

The Bernie Russia thing is idiotic

Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:47 pm
Defeats all expectations

Guess I missed a bunch of entertaining moments in the debate.

If I were a campaign consultant, I would want my candidate to look personable, charming yet down to earth. I also would want her/him to be serious about defeating Trump by seizing every opportunity to air the laundry list of terrible things under the current management and be specific. I would want her/him to appeal to Americans instead of debating others. Do not treat a debate a debate.

Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:38 pm
Defeats all expectations

Corpse wrote:
The media is already skewing this election greatly in Trump's favor by constantly talking about him every hour of every day. They, the more liberal media at least, really need to begin covering the Democratic candidates. And when they do have a small 10-minute segment about them, it's been how they're attacking one another...

Haven't we learned over the past four years that negative press has no effect on Trump's popularity, especially among his base who it even motivates? The near constant news cycle with Trump headline after Trump headline is just free advertising once again, just like in 2016, and it's at the expense of all the Democratic candidates. He's not going to lose support no matter the headline. The dude was impeached, did that hurt him? Hell no, his approval rating increased following it.

Democratic voters, and any former Trump supporters, don't want to see how Trump continues to test his powers and how he's getting away with it every day, it's depressing them. They want to see the candidates they'll be choosing from, and decide on who they'll support by learning what they're about, seeing who they are, hearing them speak, etc., in order to defeat him.

Stop. Covering. Trump.

Too little coverage on Democratic candidates. That's true.

But I do think people need to know the US is becoming more authoritarian because of Trump.

The news media are not reporting enough on that. They could use more aggressive and critical reporting and less "he says, she says" opining. Stop focusing on the politicking and take surrogates and their spinning off the air. No more "both-siding" the news. The world is not of either Democratic or Republican. You need not blame both sides to create a fake balance. Do not give air to PR events for Trump including his causal tweets.

Also, they need more coverage and analysis on issues. Many issues are being sidelined by the non-stop coverage of politicking (e.g. health care, income inequality, federal/state budgeting, pollution, government/tech surveillance, policing, electoral reform).

Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:47 pm
Defeats all expectations

Nevada caucuses (27% in)

Final Alignment Votes:
Sanders 39.6%
Biden 21.8%
Buttigieg 18.1%
Warren 10.6%
Klobuchar 6.1%
Steyer 3.4%

County Delegates:
Sanders 46.6%
Biden 22.8%
Buttigieg 14.5%
Warren 8.8%
Steyer 3.8%
Klobuchar 3.4%

https://twitter.com/PpollingNumbers/status/1231445878478692352

A decisive win for Sanders in Nevada. The moderate wing (Biden, Buttigieg, and Klobuchar) combined for 46% in a caucus that usually favors activists. They have a shot in future primaries if they coalesce around one candidate.

Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:32 am
Reply to topic   [ 4649 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 186  Next