Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 WOKJ Funding!!! 
Extraordinary

Post Re: WOKJ Funding!!!
I'm tired of all the insults and childish fighting so the only reason I even come here any more is for my Rotten Tomatoes game.

If we can police ourselves more, or maybe have a real strong team of moderators, maybe some of the old members may return as well.

Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:03 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

A lot of ifs and maybes there.

Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:25 pm
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Idiot

Thegun wrote:
Jack Sparrow wrote:
Good question. The idea is to get funding realization first and then come up with a plan. Though if you ask me mostly reforms to the main site first. Second keeping the site alive as well incase the current owners decide it costs them too much.

What are those costs? I just don't think it's a good idea to have people throwing money around before you have a set idea

Has anyone been in touch with Lecter?

I am in touch with one of the owners and waiting for them to get back. No one is throwing money and I will make sure of that if I am taking care of this part. As I said we can come up with a plan later if we know a target of amount we can spend as a group.

Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:07 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Thegun wrote:
Is it worth it? That's my biggest point. I'd say it'd be much easier to buy the website platform and start fresh. And make KJ simply a record database.

Because all of a sudden we will have 5k and nothing to show for it, except for Sparrow's pockets. Do you really want me or you to spend 600$ a year to have Algren and Zwackwerm fight?

Biggest steps. If there is going to be new ownership, who will do it?
Complete financial breakdown from the current owners. (Find out if its worth it)
Finding a new or overhauling the current website (which will suck)
Building stronger membership following (There are social media and advertising ways to make it work)
Stronger Content (I would have someone completely copy BOM, and WOBX, Variety and create a complete database so they don't have to click away) If we want to be the end all be all box office site, then look into those platforms.

As said, PM if anyone is interested. I feel like the interest has already been lost.

So far the only number came up was 900 a month just to maintain the site currently as is.

You are stupid if you think I am doing this to fill my pockets. That's even more insulting than what Algren might have ever said to me but whatever.....

Are you saying that you will ban people who fight? What is the use of that site?

Biggest steps answers:
I am really not concerned about ownership because a lot of that can be solved wiht forming groups of ownerships
Since you don't read enough I have told elsewhere that I am in touch with owners to get the financial information and I will pass that figure to interested parties once I have concrete information
New website costs money which this could address
Following completely out of context but you need MONEY to do all that and we need to find a target
I am fine with Stronger content but I don't want to be another BOM to be honest we need to be possibly content based forum of discussion not data based.

Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:14 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

zwackerm wrote:
Algren wrote:
There are only two members capable of writing articles. One of them is David. He's gone the way of Riggs. The other is Gamaur. Sorry, but the rest of us are message board posters for a reason.

As an English major I resent this statement!

It doesn't matter if we could, the idea is for people to read them I don't think even Algren is incapable to do reviews and I used to review some movies before even if they weren't great in terms of content we can build that expertise here. I like the idea of regular people writing their point of views and having a WOKJ aggregate reviews based on that rather than all professional writers because we already have RT and MC for that.

Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:18 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Shack wrote:
Thegun wrote:
Well you can't become the owner without talking with the current one. We're talking a lot of hypotheticals without even knowing if the current owners are interested in even selling the site. Best case scenario is that what we are saying is realized in half a year. Worst case a new site is created in 8-10 months. And that is spending a lot of money to make it happen. I'm not sure if Excel of Madgez have enough website development knowledge/ free time to speed the process along. to under 4 months.

I'm willing to run the main site. My plan is to use Wordpress which would make it a simple blog format to update. I would be editor which is a field I'm interested in anyways. It wouldn't be as complicated as what Eagle was doing. WOKJ isn't going to become The Ringer.com, the writing talent just isn't here. But even something that's at least updated like boxofficeguru site is an improvement over the current articles

For me its simple there are co-owners of this site and if we can still get a group of people admin level of access it would be better to put the new found money in reforming the main website and see if this model will exist.

We can then decide on the metrics that are bringing the site down (could be the name itself KJ that TheGun suggested, look and feel) and start investing into those slowly while funding the money.

Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:20 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

stuffp wrote:
Why not ambition to become The Ringer actually, but we need writers, and while many can, few are doing it now, because the demand/ readership also just seems not there, so it's to doubt if it will. But I'd love for KJ to have a mainsite with articles, in some way I relish the time when Zwackerm was reviewing star wars in that fashion too.

Good idea on Ringer. We need funds to get that done which is what this thread is about. We possibly need professional writers or simply editors that can take the content of the forum and generate articles to get people interested. Then there's marketing that would need a lot of money as well.

I am also of the vote that it would be great that we can build an inherent library of (professional) reviews hosted by KJ members, the article can then point the commentators to post their reviews in our Everyone's a Critic section.

Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:25 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Groucho wrote:
I'm tired of all the insults and childish fighting so the only reason I even come here any more is for my Rotten Tomatoes game.

If we can police ourselves more, or maybe have a real strong team of moderators, maybe some of the old members may return as well.

I am one of the most active posters here and I don't think we should go back to policing people and that hasn't really been the reason for demise of KJ IMO. Its more about people getting busy with their lives and moving on.

Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:27 pm
Keeping it Light

Can the funding be used to have a function that limits someone to not have more than 3 consecutive posts in the same thread :P

Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:58 pm
now we know

Hope not. I enjoy post bukkakes! ;)

Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:10 am
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

Jack Sparrow wrote:
stuffp wrote:
Why not ambition to become The Ringer actually, but we need writers, and while many can, few are doing it now, because the demand/ readership also just seems not there, so it's to doubt if it will. But I'd love for KJ to have a mainsite with articles, in some way I relish the time when Zwackerm was reviewing star wars in that fashion too.

Good idea on Ringer. We need funds to get that done which is what this thread is about. We possibly need professional writers or simply editors that can take the content of the forum and generate articles to get people interested. Then there's marketing that would need a lot of money as well.

I am also of the vote that it would be great that we can build an inherent library of (professional) reviews hosted by KJ members, the article can then point the commentators to post their reviews in our Everyone's a Critic section.

I would suggest to take things one step at a time rather than shoot the moon like that. Let's start with one article a week at a low cost and then see if we can get any traction. Then if we found success we can always expand it later.

Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:35 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

stuffp wrote:
Can the funding be used to have a function that limits someone to not have more than 3 consecutive posts in the same thread :P

We can create a backlog of these things but I highly doubt this will ever take priority.

Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:19 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

Shack wrote:
Jack Sparrow wrote:
stuffp wrote:

I would suggest to take things one step at a time rather than shoot the moon like that. Let's start with one article a week at a low cost and then see if we can get any traction. Then if we found success we can always expand it later.

Yes that's the long term idea. We need to first build the reader base with a low cost content solution that's constant. Once we have done that we can eventually make it bigger.

Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:20 am
now we know

Jesus. We have Thegun, Jack Sparrow, and Excel spearheading the KJ revolution.

We're doomed.

Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:30 am
Profile WWW
Gamaur's sex slave

Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:00 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Algren wrote:
Jesus. We have Thegun, Jack Sparrow, and Excel spearheading the KJ revolution.

We're doomed.

Don't pile my name with those guys. I'm only interested in getting the funds for this site and continuing the forum in the long term. And is it so wrong to think about it? Better than sitting on your ass and watching the forum die so that you can claim to be the most active poster on the forum for years

Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:18 pm
now we know

Jack Sparrow wrote:
Better than sitting on your ass and watching the forum die so that you can claim to be the most active poster on the forum for years

If that was a dig at me, you can stfu. I offered my hand before, but it was not wanted. I shall not be doing it again.

Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:44 pm
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Idiot

Good to know that you're sometimes a crybaby whose ego can get hurt. Wouldn't have known that otherwise. Also stop complaining, you tried it once (maybe??) now let others try it, let us fail and have nothing done but stop making fun of people who are trying.

People are only thinking of best interest of this forum even if some ideas are not correct. Don't champion one or two names as well. It will take a group effort to get this working given the past experience so try to be a team player even if it means keeping quiet at times or at the least not making fun of others who are trying. It's not like we are hiding the proceedings so just give constructive opinion rather than what you're doing right now

Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:23 pm
now we know

Jack Sparrow wrote:
now let others try it

I'm not stopping anyone from trying, but I'll be commenting on it as much as I like. With you spearheading it, there will be plenty to comment on. :funny:

Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:31 pm
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Idiot

I think you have lost the capacity to read full sentences.

Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:53 pm
now we know

Nah, just no point in spamming the forum again with 90% of a message that I am not replying to.

Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:26 am
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Idiot

You were still spamming because you didn't reply to anything just cut and chose what you thought worked in your favor and made fun of me. P.S. English lesson "now let others try it" doesn't translate to "you stopping others".

Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:20 am
now we know

This is why you should not be allowed anywhere near saving the site.

Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:41 am
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Idiot

Seems like someone is just running out of good comebacks.

Also bringing back my quote
Jack Sparrow wrote:
Better than sitting on your ass and watching the forum die so that you can claim to be the most active poster on the forum for years

Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:19 am
now we know

I don't think it is good or valiant to try and save a deserted wasteland. Haven't you realised yet? The only people that care are the losers. You, Thegun, and Excel. Nobody with any intelligence gives a shit about KJ anymore. They know that it is dying. Lecter doesn't care. Not even MadGez cares. You're beating a dead horse. But good luck.

Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:06 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next