Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Weird Coincidences 
now we know

Post Weird Coincidences
Yesterday, I received an email from my dad. I'm not too close to my dad. Haven't emailed each other for 2 years, and he emails me out of the blue. I opened my inbox to find two unread emails. One email from him, and another from Go Daddy. Is the universe trying to tell me something?

Another weird coincidence happened yesterday. I went to the toilet where I work and there is an open window where you can look out of an area of grass. There was a few people walking around and it just popped into my head that it would be fun if I had one of those laser pointers. They'd have no idea where it came from. Silly idea, but why would I think about laser pointers on that day when I haven't thought about laser pointers for probably at least a decade. Anyway, I go back to the office, sit down, and my boss had a package delivered. It was a laser pointer.

These two coincidences happened on the same day. Of course, they were simply coincidences, and both happening on the same day was also a coincidence, a low probability coincidence. Thought it was worth sharing. Yes, that's how boring my life is. :P

Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:09 pm
Profile WWW
Romosexual!

Post Re: Weird Coincidences
Did you email your dad back? :(

Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:44 pm
Deshi Basara

That's pretty neat actually. When spooky things like that happen it's totally legit to start wondering about the ultimate nature of the universe and the possibility that things that seem like very low probability coincidence might have some deeper, undetectable connection.

Reminds me of a novel I read a long time called The Celestine Prophesy that was a massive best seller. Makes me want to reread it to see how well it holds up to present day me.

Most Impressive Openings: Honorable Mentions

Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:44 am
now we know

Rev wrote:
Did you email your dad back? :(

Yeah, I did.

Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:01 am
Profile WWW
On autopilot for the summer

Sounds like the sequel to I heart Huckabees. Now we just need to figure out how the laser pointer fits in with your dad. Was he emailing that he had recently gotten Laser Eye Surgery!

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:35 pm
Devil's Advocate

I heard a podcast about a bad mushroom trip that led someone to see coincidences everywhere and then eventually end up in the mental hospital

Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:01 am
On autopilot for the summer

I actually had a weird one on Wednesday. I had never actually watched Black Panther. But I have one of those boxes that just lets you watch anything you want.

And The film started so 1960s, and I realized it was the opening scene to the original Pink Panther film. I was actually like, wow I wasn't really looking forward to the film all that much, but I love this if the film somehow starts with a Black Panther/Pink Panther intro. Then I was just like, oh they fucked up the synching this is just Pink Panther.

For the love of God if there is another Black Panther film, can that please happen!

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:41 pm
now we know

I had another one of these today. My son always plays with my wife's plastic hairband (not sure if that's exactly what it's called but it moves the hair of of your face when you want to wash your face). It has been in his toys for years, though my wife still uses it, she just lets him play with it. Nothing has ever happened to it, but yesterday it popped into my mind how easy it would for him to snap it in two. He was playing with it at the time, perhaps bending it a little bit but no more than my wife would do to get it on her head. Anyway, today it snapped in two. Not sure how it happened. Pretty sure it was just an accident and not because he was bending it.

Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:03 pm
Profile WWW
Keeping it Light

I had a strange one too: on Monday it was my dog puking after eating something bad the day before, then it was me being sick from food on Tuesday, and then on Wednesday it was my wife who got sick too. And we ate different food, so pretty crazy I thought.

Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]