Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Parkland, Florida 
now we know

Post Re: Parkland, Florida
The only way this will change is by all Republican politicians having their children shot in school shootings. I'm surprised no crazy liberal has attempted this yet.

Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:26 am
Profile WWW

American gun culture is hard to challenge in this day and age.

Is it fascist to want gun control? I suppose it is in the since that it places more power in the federal military with its standing army. But I don’t think the alternative will be popular in this day and age as well.

Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:17 am
A very honest-hearted fellow

Excel wrote:
These kids are more than rebels. They were in kindergarten for Virginia Tech, middle school for Sandy Hook, and have seen the big shootings since then. They clearly thought this issue would have been figured out by the time they themselves were 18.

All sides should agree is pathetic how predictable these are.

I was 17 when 9/11 happened and am 34 now. We are still in [insert country here].

The "issue" is that evil exists and always will.

Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:58 am
Profile WWW

Algren wrote:
The only way this will change is by all Republican politicians having their children shot in school shootings. I'm surprised no crazy liberal has attempted this yet.

That would lead to a break-up of the republic and be a catastrophe for all of the world. I would think that would lead to a manifold increase in violence.

Where would China dump its dollars? That could lead to a collapse and civil strife and repression there.

Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:02 am
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

I saw a good point made that how come no school shooters are black? Despite being exposed to guns and overall African American homicide rate. For whatever reason white male families are raising the evil

Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:21 pm
Hold the door!

Shack wrote:
I saw a good point made that how come no school shooters are black? Despite being exposed to guns and overall African American homicide rate. For whatever reason white male families are raising the evil

It’s not just school shootings. Almost all mass shootings.

Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:56 pm
Superfreak

Caius wrote:

Child please. That is a beyond retarded oversimplification. :hahaha:

I would prefer that the "Evil" that exists have a more difficult time hurting others in huge numbers. Period. Shut the fuck if you're too dumb to understand a point that even Hellen Keller could see is clearly correct. I don't give a fuck if you think they will just go build a bomb if there are no assault weapons for them to use. It isn't happening elsewhere and don't think it would happen here. Would be very nice to read "Maniac wounds 4 before being shot to death by cop in knife attack" rather than "15 year old murders 20 in 4 minute shooting spree". :thumbsup: :shades: :yes:

Last edited by Excel on Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:04 pm
Superfreak

Shack wrote:

There are deep, deep psychological components that American society imposes on some of these people. White American make up a majority of middle class and above and the issue has permeated through them the most. A lot (though not all) of these losers didn't have the need for validation that capitalism creates satisfied and over time, it builds to crazy things, sometimes insane, irrational anger.

That kid who was the son of as Hollywood producer who shot up a college area in SoCal a few years ago is the poster child for this.

Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:07 pm

Excel wrote:
Caius wrote:

Child please. That is a beyond retarded oversimplification. :hahaha:

I would prefer that the "Evil" that exists have a more difficult time hurting others in huge numbers. Period. Shut the fuck if you're too dumb to understand a point that even Hellen Keller could see is clearly correct. I don't give a fuck if you think they will just go build a bomb if there are no assault weapons for them to use. It isn't happening elsewhere and don't think it would happen here. Would be very nice to read "Maniac wounds 4 before being shot to death by cop in knife attack" rather than "15 year old murders 20 in 4 minute shooting spree". :thumbsup: :shades: :yes:

That is not an argument that I made. I am sure confiscating guns would lead to fewer crimes committed with guns. Although crimes committed with guns--and crime in general--is way way way down from the 90s.

It is a peaceful time. Something ignorant people, like yourself, don't realize. Instead you listen to children berate you.

Just like I think banning cars would lead to fewer car accidents just like banning alcohol during prohibition lead to less alcohol consumption.

Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:12 pm
Profile WWW

Excel wrote:
Shack wrote:

There are deep, deep psychological components that American society imposes on some of these people. White American make up a majority of middle class and above and the issue has permeated through them the most. A lot (though not all) of these losers didn't have the need for validation that capitalism creates satisfied and over time, it builds to crazy things, sometimes insane, irrational anger.

That kid who was the son of as Hollywood producer who shot up a college area in SoCal a few years ago is the poster child for this.

So let me get this straight: White society, who are the majority of middle class and above, create "the issue" (whatever the "issue" is) that forces white society to do mass school shootings? Something, something, capitalism?

Is that a correct restatement of the words you strung together?

Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:19 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Caius wrote:
These little fascists are so trite.

I think that is unfair calling them fascists. First off they aren't in power and aren't calling for a police state. All they are asking for is some gun control. I think it is awesome what they did. They honor people like Alice Paul who led women marching down Pennsylvania avenue fighting for women suffrage and made the point to hold the party in power responsible. Martin Luther King Jr who marched in Washington several times calling for civil rights. Everybody has the right to do what they did yesterday, and it gives me hope for the future. I like seeing the next generation getting involved, but hopefully they do more including vote and becoming involved in elections and change for this country.

Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:31 pm
Profile WWW
Superfreak

Caius wrote:
That is not an argument that I made. I am sure confiscating guns would lead to fewer crimes committed with guns. Although crimes committed with guns--and crime in general--is way way way down from the 90s.

It is a peaceful time. Something ignorant people, like yourself, don't realize. Instead you listen to children berate you.

Just like I think banning cars would lead to fewer car accidents just like banning alcohol during prohibition lead to less alcohol consumption.

IDAF if it is better now than in the 1990s. Preventable violence is preventable violence and its continued occurrence should outrage anybody of any decency. The only point your statement makes when paired with reality is that things should be even better than they are when compared to 1990s.

Where did I say straight up ban all guns, either?

Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3