Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 San Antonio church shooting 
Superfreak

Post Re: Las Vegas shooting
Corpse wrote:
besides, even if we did this, crazy people who then steal the guns anyway and still end up performing mass shootings. It'd solve nothing.

So, in the end, nothing can be or will be done to help prevent, or simply minimize, mass shootings from happening. They're simply an unfortunate occurrence, that we can only hope and pray don't happen again... until next time, and the time after that.

What the fuck I just read.

An assault weapons ban would just lead to crazy people stealing the guns and would "solve nothing"?

Are you stating your own opinion or merely summarizing the simply retarded opinions of others?

Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:37 am
now we know

Wow, Corpse. What a viewpoint.

You Yanks really have to lose the idea that your rights are so precious. How about the right to go to a concert without getting your head blown away?

Murders will happen. Mass murders will happen. But banning/controlling guns will make it so much harder for them to happen. Doesn't that count for something? Or are you of the position that if we can't reduce mass shootings to zero then why bother at all?

Anyway, if anyone really wants change, all they have to do is seek out those politicians that keep voting against gun law changes. Find their wives and children. Take a gun along. Push it until they get the message. Be as true to the cause as ISIS are. It wouldn't take much, to be honest. When a fat Republican is faced with danger, a yellow puddle will form quicker than you can say "America, Fuck Yeah!".

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:59 am
Profile WWW
Cream of the Crop

God will most likely take care of this issue by turning all guns into molasses and then he will take care of Trump and zwackerm, since he's carefully watching and judging all of their actions, with their current rates being D- (Trump) and F (zwackerm).

Ator: I love you.
Sunya: And I love you.
Ator: Why can't we marry?
Sunya: Ator, we are brother and sister.
Ator: I'll talk with our father.

Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:20 am
Profile WWW
A very honest-hearted fellow

GuybrushX McMurphy wrote:
God will most likely take care of this issue by turning all guns into molasses and then he will take care of Trump and zwackerm, since he's carefully watching and judging all of their actions, with their current rates being D- (Trump) and F (zwackerm).

I laughed.

Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:19 am
Profile WWW
Defeats all expectations

Algren wrote:
A CBS VP said they were not sympathetic towards the victims because fans at country music shows are often "Republican gun toters".

Jesus, America. What an awful hateful country you have created. Such divide.

Some people are angry and desperate for an answer. They think supporters of lax gun laws have helped contribute to the tragedy today so they do not deserve sympathy. Poor mean argument but I see where this is coming from.

Some people are even crazier, like this one:

So many wrong things said, I can't even start.

Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:33 am
Defeats all expectations

Excel wrote:
Corpse wrote:
besides, even if we did this, crazy people who then steal the guns anyway and still end up performing mass shootings. It'd solve nothing.

So, in the end, nothing can be or will be done to help prevent, or simply minimize, mass shootings from happening. They're simply an unfortunate occurrence, that we can only hope and pray don't happen again... until next time, and the time after that.

What the fuck I just read.

An assault weapons ban would just lead to crazy people stealing the guns and would "solve nothing"?

Are you stating your own opinion or merely summarizing the simply retarded opinions of others?

I think the latter. He felt that there was nothing to be done with that guns-above-all mentality hanging there.

But Corpse, complacency is no solution to this.

Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:37 am
Devil's Advocate

You can't build a gun law around stopping mass shootings, it's too small a fraction of yearly homicides (like <1%) and as mentioned they can buy one off the street, use a bomb, etc so it's not going to turn US into a European country. The US has more murders because it has more murderers not because it has more guns in my opinion

Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:00 am
now we know

Stop toting that M60, Shack. ;)

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:22 am
Profile WWW
Superfreak

Shack wrote:
You can't build a gun law around stopping mass shootings, it's too small a fraction of yearly homicides (like <1%) and as mentioned they can buy one off the street, use a bomb, etc so it's not going to turn US into a European country. The US has more murders because it has more murderers not because it has more guns in my opinion

How does saying we have more murders because we have more murderers and mass shootings make up 1% of deaths dispelle that these events shouldn't happened and people shouldn't have access to these weapons.

What is the point of comments like yours

Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:55 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

My post certainly doesn't express my personal viewpoint -- it's the viewpoint of the many and why nothing is ever done because of it.

I'm not complacent, far from it. If I know of anyone who is injured or even dies from a shooting, I'm 100% going to politicize it. If I am ever injured or even die from a shooting, I want everyone who knows me to 100% politicize it.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:19 pm
Profile WWW
Wallflower

Algren wrote:
A CBS VP said they were not sympathetic towards the victims because fans at country music shows are often "Republican gun toters".

While I'm sympathetic she's not wrong in her generalization. I'm sure 90% of the people there were Trump loving Republicans who are against tougher gun regulations and I can understand feeling less sympathetic towards that particular group of people.

Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:16 am
Hold the door!

Dunno. I don't understand why everyone can't support background checks and health evaluations. I do think that anything more than that is unreasonable, but literally if you're a criminal you can have all sorts of rights taken away. Your right to own a gun stands as long as you don't abuse it.

Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:55 am
On autopilot for the summer

zwackerm wrote:
Dunno. I don't understand why everyone can't support background checks and health evaluations. I do think that anything more than that is unreasonable, but literally if you're a criminal you can have all sorts of rights taken away. Your right to own a gun stands as long as you don't abuse it.

The ways to get a gun are ridiculous. I think a bans and limits are they way to go( even though they say this guy used a YouTube video to turn his gun automatic) You think no one knew this guy had at least 48 guns. Those are the cowards you have to look out for. That’s where the problem lies, but in the silence. You could never ban guns just because you would have an outright bloody civil war. And you could never collect every gun. But that’s the rub, if guns never existed, we’d fight over knife control. People are gonna know kill, and we have the right to have it. Taking the right away only makes it worse.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:50 am
now we know

Magic Mike wrote:
Algren wrote:

While I'm sympathetic she's not wrong in her generalization. I'm sure 90% of the people there were Trump loving Republicans who are against tougher gun regulations and I can understand feeling less sympathetic towards that particular group of people.

Whether she's right or not is not the point. There is a cancer in the US that if something bad happens to a Republican, it is deemed acceptable to be happy about that. What's wrong with you people? This is not progress.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:16 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

I'm a little iffy on Michael Moore, but not this viewpoint. I think this proposed appeal/amendment wouldn't be a horrible thing honestly.

Clearly nothing has been done yet that will stop this crazy gun culture we Americans live in. Maybe something more aggressive is the answer.

http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/35 ... -ownership

Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:32 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

I'm not saying I agree with his entire proposal. Consent of exes and fingerprint ID on guns is over the top. But still, a new Amendment that prioritizes peoples safety over their right to have guns is probably the only way to make real progress on this issue.

Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:46 am
Profile WWW
On autopilot for the summer

That is true, but it's there where the US will have the most violent attacks ever recorded. There is a reason Gun Nut is a thing, the second someone tries to take it, they will blow you away. It's gonna be a scary frontier moving forward.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:01 am
Hold the door!

I don't think banning certain types of guns is the answer. People should have the right to own any gun that might get used against them. Any gun control laws should make it harder for dangerous people to get guns (background checks and health evaluations).

And that spousal consent; FUCK that. We should get spousal consent for abortion too then because 100% of babies aborted are also the father's. It's none of the wife's business what guns the husband owns.

Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:03 am
now we know

All guns should be banned, period. There should be an introductory amnesty, where I bet 60% of registered guns would be turned in. Then annually every year, between certain dates handing in your firearms would not result in any punishment, but outside of that window it would be a criminal act to own a gun. Eventually America would be cleaned up of guns. Cut off supply. It's the only way.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:08 am
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

Lol no. There's nothing wrong with having guns for self defense. As long as we do our best to make sure those that get guns should have them, there should be minimal shootings. The police take a few minutes to get places. I certainly sleep better at night knowing my father has some guns he could use to defend us if anyone ever broke in.

Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:25 am
Keeping it Light

zwackerm wrote:
I certainly sleep better at night knowing my father has some guns he could use to defend us if anyone ever broke in.

So, I wonder, why there's a fear in the US that someone is going to break into your house? Because there's so many break-ins? Why are there so many break-ins?

A criminal surely would surely feel more comfortable breaking in, if he had a gun himself.

Getting guns out of the society, is definitely a, if not the, solution to making society a safer place. And sure freedom is important. But what's freedom, if you don't have health.

Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:04 pm
now we know

If police take a few minutes to get places, why do you need a gun? No matter what your argument is, zwackerm, a system of no guns works in so many other countries, so it obviously works. It is not really up for debate. The only thing to consider is the simple-minded American's aversion to change for the greater good. Americans preach values and philanthropy, but that's all it is...words. Which is why you get what you deserve...mass shootings. Another record for your country to be proud of.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:43 pm
Profile WWW
Gamaur's sex slave

Ask FILMO how it's done right.

Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:38 pm
Devil's Advocate

Algren wrote:
If police take a few minutes to get places, why do you need a gun? No matter what your argument is, zwackerm, a system of no guns works in so many other countries, so it obviously works. It is not really up for debate. The only thing to consider is the simple-minded American's aversion to change for the greater good. Americans preach values and philanthropy, but that's all it is...words. Which is why you get what you deserve...mass shootings. Another record for your country to be proud of.

They don't have gun culture like the US.

And the problem is whether "no guns" is possible. Making it illegal will just make them get sold off the street, which is how most criminals get them anyways. Getting a gun illegally is just a minor speedbump in the road when a mass murderer is planning to commit a 1000x worse crime, it shouldn't bother him much.

Last edited by Shack on Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:17 pm
now we know

Shack wrote:
Algren wrote:

They don't have gun culture like the US.

The US used to have a slave culture and that was abolished. Something worth doing doesn't get stopped by fear of it being a hassle.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:20 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next