Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Bye WoKJ! 
The Wall

Post Re: Bye WoKJ!
Well if you and other non-Algrens posted more... Maybe he wouldn't be so noticeable.

Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:36 pm
Profile WWW
Pure Phase

Libs hasn't posted much in months or even over the last few years, if we're being honest. Mostly just the TV ratings and an occasional 15-word mini-review of a movie.

Algren adds spice to the forum. He keeps this forum alive more than anyone else. If you despise him and/or vehemently disagree with him, tell him. Get into it. Have a debate. It is going to be disastrous for this forum if he is banned to appease people who only occasionally pop in to say, "Oh, nice, this weather we're having."

1. The Lost City of Z - 2. A Cure for Wellness - 3. Phantom Thread - 4. T2 Trainspotting - 5. Detroit - 6. Good Time - 7. The Beguiled - 8. The Florida Project - 9. Logan and 10. Molly's Game

Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:53 pm
Extraordinary

Libs wrote:
I'm out too. A forum where I can't even see 90% of the posts because they're coming from a degenerate sack of shit loser like Algren is not where I want to be anymore.

Algren, you are the single worst person I have ever engaged with online. You have zero redeeming qualities. You're not funny, you're not witty, and you're not interesting. You're a disgrace. You have successfully managed to chase away the last remaining active female poster. Goodbye, dick!

To the rest of y'all: Please don't bother asking me to reconsider. It's time to move on. I've truly enjoyed chatting with the rest of you over the years. Stay awesome! :)

:( gonna miss having you be the one I share similar grades to films most of the time lol. It's kinda crazy how long some of us have "known" each other from BOM and such. With that said stay safe.

Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:56 am
The Wall

David wrote:
Libs hasn't posted much in months or even over the last few years, if we're being honest. Mostly just the TV ratings and an occasional 15-word mini-review of a movie.

Algren adds spice to the forum. He keeps this forum alive more than anyone else. If you despise him and/or vehemently disagree with him, tell him. Get into it. Have a debate. It is going to be disastrous for this forum if he is banned to appease people who only occasionally pop in to say, "Oh, nice, this weather we're having."

I'd rather be without spice which is 99% trollbaiting or pointless/useless/non-constructive remarks.

Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:35 am
Profile WWW
now we know

_axiom wrote:
I'd rather be without spice which is 99% trollbaiting or pointless/useless/non-constructive remarks.

That sounds like Chippy or, actually, you...

Spoiler: show
_axiom wrote:
tree and a half wrote:
_axiom wrote:
Jack Sparrow wrote:
When Moby Dick shows the film shines rest is just noise.

Moby Dick is not in this movie.

Of course it's Moby Dick, that's the premise of the movie - the whale that inspired Melville to write his classic novel of the same name.

The only white whale named Moby Dick is in Melville's novel of the same name and its adaptations. As this is not an adaptation of the novel, the white whale appearing here is not named Moby Dick. Was this whale an inspiration to Melville? Yes. And that's the point of the movie. But the name is Melville's own thing.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:55 am
Profile WWW
Superfreak

The mods/new owners failure to handle the trolls is looking the sites downfall.

Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:22 am
now we know

No TV ratings threads from now is hardly considered a "downfall". And Chippy said he wouldn't post anymore, which takes care of the troll issue.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:17 am
Profile WWW
Superfreak

KJ is nothing more than the collection of its posters. You drive them away in droves. You are a cancer and nothing more to a site we have all enjoyed for over a decade. Enough is enough,

Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:54 am
now we know

If the "collection of posters" showed that they did not want me, I wouldn't be here. But I am also part of this community, so fuck you at your attempt to ostracize me, and fuck you at your attempt to lump all the blame of this slowly diminishing forum on me. You contribute fuck all to this forum besides outlandish predictions for DC films. Libs contributed fuck all of interest to this forum besides a TV ratings thread every day that sparked zero discussion until I highlighted that very fact. And Chippy is a troll and KJ should be thankful of the reprieve.

Some of the big posters like Dr. Lecter, Loyal, xiayun, and bABA have stopped posting, and this is nothing to do with me. Maybe if they were back, the forum would not feel so dead. Then there are others such as matatonio, Magnus, Mister Ecks, Thegun etc. that were all very active before have seriously reduced their posting in recent months/years. Forums have member turnover. It happens. People get older. They move on with their lives. The same names cannot stay around forever. Instead of looking for a scapegoat, get off your ass and recruit new members.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:31 pm
Profile WWW
Superfreak

No one is thankful for Libs, Chippy, or any of the aforementioned posters retrieve, least of all yourself who will have to find new posters to terrorize. They're generally a positive presence which, for normal people, is what attracts newcomers and fuels growth.

You note many unavoidable problems that affect any community of people. However, your treatment of other posters is absolutely avoidable and should not be happening. Your ceaseless negativity and hostility towards others alienates them and makes them far less likely to post. Very simple and straight forward. This is the response that your shit behavior illicits from others. No way around it.

Before we do any "recruiting" or invest in means of growing the site, the current problems - namely, yourself and a handful of others - would need to be cleaned up/removed. Forums such as BoxOfficeTheory do not put up with childish behavior, and not surprisingly they have much higher traffic. Sadly, KJ and its dozen regulars have more trolls than BOT and its hundreds of regular posters because over there it's not allowed. KJ accepts and tolerates the very personalities which killed many Internet forums. Posters like you make them feel welcome and drive the good posters away.

A posters right to post without dealing with your bullshit is more important than your right to be asshole when you feel like it, but sadly that hasn't been the rule around here for a long time. And now you are getting supremely defensive for having the ultra-obvious pointed to you, after years of unashamed participation in th aforementioned poor behavior? Child, please. We all know that once posters like you have driven all the good posters away from here, you will abandon KJ too and have to a find new forum where there are still sane posters for you to troll and annoy for fun.

It's ridiculous and sad. The "fuck you"s should be reserved you and your friends who have totally killed th buzz of a place we all used to enjoy for learning and discussion of our niche, not so common interest of films financial performance.

Curious to see you have any sort of response beyond the normal meaningless, childish, usually off base insults.

Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:43 pm
The Wall

Algren wrote:
Libs contributed fuck all of interest to this forum besides a TV ratings thread every day that sparked zero discussion until I highlighted that very fact.

Well if you actually bothered to check you would see that summer ratings (from mid-May to mid-September) have been wastelands for comments for years now, but there is always chat (sometimes small, sometimes big) during the "real" TV season. You just went in and posted completely unsubstantiated personal opinion as some kind of a fact (like you usually so) and got replies from people saying they check the threads. You got disproved, but yet again you still claim Libs didn't contribute anything to the forum and that you "were right". LOL.

Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:02 pm
Profile WWW
Pure Phase

If Algren is banned, it will not have the desired effect (this imagined return to World of KJ circa 2004/5...which fell apart, too, amid its own series of dramas and incriminations). There will just be even less content and conversation here.

People have this idea there are...what? Hundreds of people waiting at the gate to join once the dastardly Algren is gone? This forum is on a downward slide. It crashes a lot. It is never spruced up or redesigned. And those imaginary people will still run right into such members as _axiom and Chippy (imagine if they are right-of-center in their politics!).

Are there truly positive members here? Yes. I would cite, say, Corpse. Entirely pleasant. Has a niche-but-potent interest in certain cinematic spheres. Informative if you are interested in Asian box office. And maybe a forum of Corpses and thompsoncorys would be awesome and relaxing, but you are never going to get there, no matter how much you try to police thought or ostracize certain members.

1. The Lost City of Z - 2. A Cure for Wellness - 3. Phantom Thread - 4. T2 Trainspotting - 5. Detroit - 6. Good Time - 7. The Beguiled - 8. The Florida Project - 9. Logan and 10. Molly's Game

Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:14 pm
Superfreak

As I have said numerous times, I entirely disagree. KJ existed well before Box Office Theory, which is extremely busy and adding dozens of members a week. KJ existed before Boxoffice.com was anything. We have a dozen members more knowledgeable than Shawn Robbins (no offense), but there was never a sustained effort to channel this intelligence into a way which creates any sort of value. I am not saying all these people would come flying back, but the drop would be slowed while more zwackerms would arise.

Instead of building KJ into a brand using already active members, there was diddly squat for content resulting in members like Xaiyun and Jmovies left to start their own sites. There's no reason Lecter, X, Magnus, and a few others aren't in Shawn Robbins place now reaping the benefits other than the total lack of real vision and will to execute whatever vision there was. Mojo' epic demise in 2015 when Subers left created an obvious void (not that Subers was so good) that has largely been filled by Pro who absolutely should have been KJ.

Had KJ been correctly maintained over the last decade, I know for sure it would a legitimate box office source in the web and some folks here may have been able to parlay that into bigger, more profitable ventures. Instead, nobody was given a platform and nothing was pushed.

The amount of true insight, knowledge and analysis buried within all the pages of KJ is unreal. Some of these folks could mount a very convincing case for studio work based solely on content found here. It would a shame for this place to close or expire. But folks like Algren do not help whatsoever. They are the problem.

Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:54 pm
Pure Phase

You have pushed this quasi-utopian idea before, of KJ having the potential to be a major Web site, a well-known source for box-office analysis, etc., etc. It is never going to materialize. If there ever was a time for this (big if), it has long since passed.

Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:07 pm
Superfreak

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=82904&p=2177331#p2177331

This is what I was referring to. Cringeworthy.

Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:18 pm
Pure Phase

He honestly just posed a question (and was told he has his head in his ass for doing so). Sure, with a bit of underlying implied snark, but hardly the end of the world.

Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:41 pm
Pure Phase

This-- viewtopic.php?f=10&t=82946 --will seem far worse to new eyes than Algren wondering why Libs posts the television ratings every day. Ban FILMO, right?

Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:42 pm
Superfreak

David wrote:
He honestly just posed a question (and was told he has his head in his ass for doing so). Sure, with a bit of underlying implied snark, but hardly the end of the world.

Enough feigned ignorance. Algren has harassed Libs for years, along with many other posters. He would be a legit he real world given his behavior on here. It borders on creepy.

Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:03 pm
Pure Phase

Your remark is nonsensical.

Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:15 pm
Hold the door!

I am not a large fan of Chippy (don't hate him, he is just the ideological opposite of me) so I can't say I'm not a little pleased he won't be posting much for a while. But Libs was always kind.

Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:34 pm
Pure Phase

Chippy has no ideology. He has postures. He learns them on Twitter.

Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:44 pm
Devil's Advocate

If the owners feel Algren has crossed a line enough to be banned so be it, but I don't buy excel's theory about it hurting KJ's chance to grow. When KJ was at its most popular it had plenty of troll types like Maverikk, Joe, Argos and Guybrush, BKB, snack, and it didn't slow things down. The problem isn't that users come here and then are turned off by the negativity, it's that new users don't come here in the first place

Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:59 pm
Pure Phase

World of KJ is a dive bar. It is in an industrial part of town. The paint on the walls is crumbling, and gentrification is encroaching. A mediocre watering hole with a few loyal patrons. Forbidding salty old son-of-a-bitch Bob from coming in is not going to bring in a hot, young, vital crowd. It is just going to be one less ass on a seat on a chilly, lonely Thursday night.

Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:35 pm
Devil's Advocate

Basically Algren

Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:52 pm
A very honest-hearted fellow

I joined this site when I was 21 and in college. I am 33 and will be 34 shortly. The site is dying a slow death due to careers, families, lives, etc. If anyone thinks it is even primarily due to one poster, they are sorely mistaken.

Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:35 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next