Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:12 am

Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Happy Equal Pay Day! 
KJ's Leading Pundit

Post Re: Happy Equal Pay Day!
Yes, they can! And so can women! Society needs to change, to paint certain jobs in a better light. Because jobs aren't "manly" or "feminine". They're jobs.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:38 am
Hold the door!

Chippy wrote:
Yes, they can! And so can women! Society needs to change, to paint certain jobs in a better light. Because jobs aren't "manly" or "feminine". They're jobs.

How do you suppose this happens?

Most men are masculine and like traditionally masculine things. Same with women. Until this changes, more men will be happy in traditionally masculine jobs and women in traditionally feminine jobs.

Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:41 am
KJ's Leading Pundit

I don't have that answer. But people like you need to stop being dickheads about equality and actually acknowledge that it exists.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:42 am
Hold the door!

Also, we were talking about a wage gap. This has to do with the amount of people of a certain gender entering certain fields which is not the same thing,

Encourage your daughter to be a scientist and any sons to be social workers. That's about as much as you can do.

Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:42 am
KJ's Leading Pundit

It is the same thing. They go hand in hand.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:15 am
The Original

Women get free drinks and entrance in clubs etc.....so it is just right they earn less.

Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:41 pm
now we know

FILMO wrote:
Women get free drinks and entrance in clubs etc.....so it is just right they earn less.

Not to mention the months of paid maternity leave, free sick days for "women's problems", and they live longer.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:08 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

Chippy just wants the perfect utopia where exactly 50% of any profession or job is female and 50% is male. Then he'll be happy, and society will be happy. Because fairness, or some other progressive liberal bullshit reason.

lol

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:11 pm
Profile WWW
A very honest-hearted fellow

Chippy wrote:
I don't have that answer. But people like you need to stop being dickheads about equality and actually acknowledge that it exists.

You're the one arguing that it does not exist and government is the only remedy.

Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:43 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

Chippy out of his depth again.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:50 pm
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

Algren wrote:
Chippy just wants the perfect utopia where exactly 100% of any profession or job is female and males stay home to cook, clean and bear and raise children. Then he'll be happy, and society will be happy. Because fairness, or some other progressive liberal bullshit reason.

lol

Fixed!

Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:12 am
KJ's Leading Pundit

Caius wrote:
Chippy wrote:

You're the one arguing that it does not exist and government is the only remedy.

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:40 am
KJ's Leading Pundit

The real lesson here is: if caius, zwackerm, and algren agree on something, you know it's some hilarious male bullshit.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:40 am

Chippy wrote:
The real lesson here is: if caius, zwackerm, and algren agree on something, you know it's some hilarious male bullshit.

Are you capable of making a cogent point? My only point is men and women are different and do not have the same goals in life and in their careers. This is reflected in their respective pay.

Should a rookie in the NBA make as much as LeBron? Why not? They are both male basketball players. There must be something that separates them and you know what it is.

Should a 30 year old male accountant that misses work often and is unreliable make the same as a 30 year old female accountant that never misses work and always finds ways for her client to save? You know the answer to that. Now multiple this across 300 million people with a near infinite number of personality and lifestyle permutations and then you have the reason for wage discrepancies at the aggregate level.

If you can't understand this, I don't think you should be allowed to vote. And if your​ response is some snark, see my opening sentence.

Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:45 pm
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

Literally don't even try with him, Caius. He's a lost cause.

Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:01 pm
now we know

Chippy wrote:

When you're out of your depth, show your lack of intelligence by insulting the people that embarrassed you. It's the Chippy way. :thumbsup:

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:03 pm
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Pundit

zwackerm wrote:
Literally don't even try with him, Caius. He's a lost cause.

Go. Fuck. Yourself.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:11 am
KJ's Leading Pundit

Caius wrote:
Chippy wrote:

Are you capable of making a cogent point? My only point is men and women are different and do not have the same goals in life and in their careers. This is reflected in their respective pay.

Should a rookie in the NBA make as much as LeBron? Why not? They are both male basketball players. There must be something that separates them and you know what it is.

Should a 30 year old male accountant that misses work often and is unreliable make the same as a 30 year old female accountant that never misses work and always finds ways for her client to save? You know the answer to that. Now multiple this across 300 million people with a near infinite number of personality and lifestyle permutations and then you have the reason for wage discrepancies at the aggregate level.

If you can't understand this, I don't think you should be allowed to vote. And if your​ response is some snark, see my opening sentence.

Spoken like a true Republican.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:12 am
KJ's Leading Pundit

Just like climate change, there are hundreds and hundreds of studies that show that there IS a wage gap. It's not something that's just made up. But some people like to act like everything "liberals" complain about doesn't exist because they love to complain. That's not always the case. There are valid issues on most of the things that are complained about. Completely ignoring them is just a way to keep being dismissive to problems that will never get better without acknowledgement.

But again, it seems that none of you give a shit, because it doesn't affect you.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:14 am

Chippy wrote:
Caius wrote:

Spoken like a true Republican.

I am not a Republican, but yes. I think some people should not be allowed to vote. It doesn't mean you'd be stripped of your civil liberties or rights, but you would not be allowed to vote.

If you are a net taker in social welfare benefits? You can't vote. Under 21? You can't vote.

Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:24 am
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Pundit

I think if you're an adult citizen, you should have an equal vote. Just like everyone else.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:26 am

Chippy wrote:
Just like climate change, there are hundreds and hundreds of studies that show that there IS a wage gap. It's not something that's just made up. But some people like to act like everything "liberals" complain about doesn't exist because they love to complain. That's not always the case. There are valid issues on most of the things that are complained about. Completely ignoring them is just a way to keep being dismissive to problems that will never get better without acknowledgement.

But again, it seems that none of you give a shit, because it doesn't affect you.

Nobody is denying that there may be a gap in wages between men and women in similar jobs. The question is why and should there be a mandatory government remedy to correct it.

I believe there is a wage gap but I do not think it is reflective of anti-female bias nor do I think there is anything the government should do about it.

Last edited by Caius on Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:27 am
Profile WWW

Chippy wrote:
I think if you're an adult citizen, you should have an equal vote. Just like everyone else.

Why shouldn't non-citizens get a vote? They live here and are impacted by laws. How anti-Democratic of you.

Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:28 am
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

Except climate change IS real. As is an EARNINGS gap which is not the same as a WAGE gap. A WAGE gap would be if a man and a woman worked the same job, same hours, same company, took the same amount of sick and vacation days, the woman didn't take a maternity leave and had been there the same amount of time and one was paid more.

Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:31 am
KJ's Leading Pundit

Caius wrote:
Chippy wrote:

Nobody is denying that there may be a gap in wages between men and women in similar jobs. The question is why and should there be a mandatory government remedy to correct it.

I believe there is a wage gap but I do not think it is reflective of anti-female bias nor do I think there is anything the government should do about it.

I didn't say the government SHOULD do anything about it. What else could they possibly even do?

It's a societal problem. If there IS a wage gap between women and men in similar positions, what the hell else could it be besides "anti-female bias"?!

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:43 am
Reply to topic   [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next