Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Happy Equal Pay Day! 
Hold the door!

Post Happy Equal Pay Day!
Today we honor the Equal Pay Act of 1963, which made it illegal to pay people different wages for the same work! What a great thing this is.

Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:10 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

Post Re: Happy Equal Pay Day!
If only women WERE paid the same as men.

But yeah, great piece of legislation. Too bad it's not working the way it's intended.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:17 pm
Hold the door!

Chippy wrote:
If only women WERE paid the same as men.

But yeah, great piece of legislation. Too bad it's not working the way it's intended.

How is it not working? If a woman believes she is paid less just because she is a woman, it's on her if she doesn't report it.

Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:32 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

sure thing, buddy

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:40 pm
Hold the door!

Chippy wrote:
sure thing, buddy

I'd love if you could explain to me what needs to be done about an issue that is already illegal besides go to court when it happens.

This isn't about the "women on average make 79 cents for every dollar a man makes" is it?

Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:52 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

zwack, I get it. You love doing republican shit, and watching fox news, and thinking SJWs are cucks. etc etc etc

But the underlying issue is: Predominantly "female" jobs pay at a much lower rate than "male" jobs. And there are still MANY women in positions who DO, in fact, make less than their male counterparts.

We've had this discussion. You're a "male", so you think you're high and mighty and correct. Keep on keepin on.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:55 pm
Hold the door!

Chippy wrote:
zwack, I get it. You love doing republican shit, and watching fox news, and thinking SJWs are cucks. etc etc etc

But the underlying issue is: Predominantly "female" jobs pay at a much lower rate than "male" jobs. And there are still MANY women in positions who DO, in fact, make less than their male counterparts.

We've had this discussion. You're a "male", so you think you're high and mighty and correct. Keep on keepin on.

I do love doing republican shit!

And there's a reason why certain jobs pay more than others. Because people are willing to pay the companies more for their services.

I've never once watched Fox News. I get all my news from the internet, from a wide variety of sources. Liberal, conservative and neutral.

And SJWS suck. But I don't know WTH cuck means.

I don't think I'm right because I'm a male. I know I'm right about the wage gap because the wage gap exists because of the choices women make, not because of some mass conspiracy to pay women less just because they're women.

Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:09 pm
Hold the door!

So cuck means white person who doesn't believe in white supremacy. Well then I'm a cuck too!

Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:25 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

"the choices women make"

holy fuck.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:54 pm
Sbil

My brain hurts. Zwackerm you desperately need to age up and get out of your bubble.

Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:35 pm
Hold the door!

Chippy wrote:
"the choices women make"

holy fuck.

To work less hours in lower paying fields.

And I'm not in a bubble. I go to university. And I even watch The View.

I have to go out of my way to find any information outside of the lefts agenda, anything that doesn't talk about the evils of capitalism, the patriarchy and how straight cis white men suck

Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:56 pm
A very honest-hearted fellow

Chippy wrote:

Thanks for mansplaining that to us.

I'd guess in your profession that females earn more than you on average. Keep on keepin on.

Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:54 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

zwackerm definitely has his head screwed on. Don't change, zwack!

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:12 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

You often hear the statistic that women only make 79% or so on average than men. But the stat is pretty misleading. Men and women choose different jobs. First off everything high paying because it's dangerous is mostly exclusive to men. Secondly women are more emotionally healthy frankly, and more often have perspective that money does not mean as much as having loving relationships, friends/family and happiness in the long run, and therefore can be happy with things like social work. Men are more insecure about money and high ranking title and being a guy who fucks.

Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:05 am
Hold the door!

Shack wrote:
You often hear the statistic that women only make 79% or so on average than men. But the stat is pretty misleading. Men and women choose different jobs. First off everything high paying because it's dangerous is mostly exclusive to men. Secondly women are more emotionally healthy frankly, and more often have perspective that money does not mean as much as having loving relationships, friends/family and happiness in the long run, and therefore can be happy with things like social work. Men are more insecure about money and high ranking title and being a guy who fucks.

Stop mansplaining to Chippy and Libs!

Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:35 am

Shack wrote:

All excellent points. Chippy only sees things in black and white and cannot understand nuance--or rather refuses to consider alternatives

Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:53 am
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

Caius wrote:
Shack wrote:

All excellent points. Chippy only sees things in black and white and cannot understand nuance--or rather refuses to consider alternatives

Believing the wage gap probably helps him get laid.

Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:55 am
KJ's Leading Pundit

LOL, I don't need any help in that department. But hey, attacking in a sexual manner is grade A man-power bullshit. Gonna take away my "man card" next. How is your fragile masculinity doing?

Shack's post is fine, but it leads off with the whole fucking problem.

Quote:
First off everything high paying because it's dangerous is mostly exclusive to men.

Women "choose" lower paying jobs is such a bullshit excuse. No, society values "male" jobs at a higher rate. If a man is doing it, it must be worth more money.

THAT'S THE ISSUE. (also, again, there are many instances where women in similar positions as their male counterparts are paid at a lower rate. usually because of bullshit "woman" issues reasons)

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:05 am
Hold the door!

Chippy wrote:
LOL, I don't need any help in that department. But hey, attacking in a sexual manner is grade A man-power bullshit. Gonna take away my "man card" next. How is your fragile masculinity doing?

Shack's post is fine, but it leads off with the whole fucking problem.

Quote:
First off everything high paying because it's dangerous is mostly exclusive to men.

Women "choose" lower paying jobs is such a bullshit excuse. No, society values "male" jobs at a higher rate. If a man is doing it, it must be worth more money.

THAT'S THE ISSUE. (also, again, there are many instances where women in similar positions as their male counterparts are paid at a lower rate. usually because of bullshit "woman" issues reasons)

Society does not value "men's" professions. They value the professions that happen to attract more men than women. There's nothing stopping women from working STEM jobs or trades. A lot of them just don't want to. In fact a lit of these women would have a better chance at getting hired in these fields because it looks good to hire women cuz diversity.

Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:12 am
KJ's Leading Pundit

zwackerm wrote:

Society does not value "men's" professions. They value the professions that happen to attract more men than women. There's nothing stopping women from working STEM jobs or trades. A lot of them just don't want to. In fact a lit of these women would have a better chance at getting hired in these fields because it looks good to hire women cuz diversity.

This is so fucking incorrect.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:14 am

Chippy wrote:
zwackerm wrote:

[Citation needed]

Why are there more female elementary school teachers than men? Do schools hate men or could it be women simply want to work in that field more so than men?

Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:18 am
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

Well some people think male elementary school teachers are pervs.

Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:27 am
KJ's Leading Pundit

zwackerm wrote:
Well some people think male elementary school teachers are pervs.

I assume this is you.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:30 am
KJ's Leading Pundit

Caius wrote:
Chippy wrote:
zwackerm wrote:

[Citation needed]

Why are there more female elementary school teachers than men? Do schools hate men or could it be women simply want to work in that field more so than men?

Men don't see "elementary school teacher" as a career that is "manly". So the market is flooded with women.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:30 am
Hold the door!

Chippy wrote:
Caius wrote:
Chippy wrote:
zwackerm wrote:

[Citation needed]

Men don't see "elementary school teacher" as a career that is "manly". So the market is flooded with women.

And that's a problem why? Men can work whatever job they want for any reason.

Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:36 am
Reply to topic   [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next