Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Milo Yiannopolous 
Hold the door!

Post Re: Milo Yiannopolous
He's an asshole for making fun of Leslie Jones and other people. Not for the things he debunks.

Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:01 pm

He is going to be invited onto Bill Maher's show it seems. A lot of people are against this as they do not want to give his hatred a voice. I however am indifferent. I usually agree with Maher and he is good at shutting down weak arguments that Milo will surely conjure.

Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:55 pm
Hold the door!

What in particular does he say that is "hateful"? Besides picking on Leslie Jones, I mean. Calling out BLM and feminism isn't hateful.

Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:28 pm
Devil's Advocate

After watching some videos he is obviously intelligent and I do like the idea of being the biggest pusher of free speech even if it's through creating chaos. I also think he does the best job of anyone of actually making the case against Islam. Though he is still an asshole about some things like Leslie Jones, and calling transgenderism a psychological disorder is really sketchy

Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:36 am
loyalfromlondon

of course shack supports milo

Same.

Algren wrote:
I don't think. I predict. ;)

Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:41 am
Keeping it Light

Shack wrote:
After watching some videos he is obviously intelligent

That just does not sound right.

I think he's somewhat smart in using certain populist speech to become a manipulative authority for some, but he's just so shallow imo.

Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:47 am
Hold the door!

Shack wrote:
After watching some videos he is obviously intelligent and I do like the idea of being the biggest pusher of free speech even if it's through creating chaos. I also think he does the best job of anyone of actually making the case against Islam. Though he is still an asshole about some things like Leslie Jones, and calling transgenderism a psychological disorder is really sketchy

Transgenderism is a psychological disorder. It's scientific name is gender dysphoria. He also makes a great case against reassignment surgery.

Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:49 am
loyalfromlondon

zwackerm wrote:
Shack wrote:

Transgenderism is a psychological disorder. It's scientific name is gender dysphoria. He also makes a great case against reassignment surgery.

its

#zwackerm

Same.

Algren wrote:

Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:52 am
Devil's Advocate

zwackerm wrote:
Shack wrote:

Once upon a time homosexuality and women being horny were considered psychological disorders. I don't really care about whether the scientific label has caught up yet, expressing yourself as another gender doesn't seem any more wrong than expressing yourself by being attracted to the same sex or liking sex to me

Milo brought up on Maher the conservative view of transgenders should only use the original gender's bathroom. This argument seems really easy to pick apart to me. The stats say transgenders are the victims, not the committers of sexual assaults. So we should be deciding the bathroom issue on how to protect transgenders, not to protect against them. I think the worst thing we can do is force transgender females to use a male bathroom, that's putting them in the lion's den for sexual assaulters.

He also brings up that suicide rates for transgenders is higher after the operation. But the problem is depression, not transgenderism. I don't think acting like transgenderism is the problem is the answer. I guess you can say they're wasting their time and money to think changing their body parts is going to be a magical elixir to fix a deep rooted emotional unhappiness, and if they spent those years and their life savings on other means of therapy it may save more lives, but people have the freedom to fuck up

Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:51 pm
Hold the door!

There's a difference between doing things and dressing like the other gender and actually thinking you're in the wrong body. That second one seems pretty damaging to me.

I'm not saying people shouldn't have freedom to do what they want. But there's no reason to think they legitimately have a different gendered brain than their body, at least when you look at the science.

Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:46 pm
Hold the door!

The bathroom thing should be a non issue too. If you look like a woman, most people won't think twice about you using whatever bathroom. People just shouldn't look like their biological sex and try to use the opposite bathroom.
Plus homosexuality has a physiological component (orgasm) whereas transgenderism is pretty much as far as we know only in the mind.

Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:49 pm
Devil's Advocate

Magnus wrote:
Shack wrote:
I also think he does the best job of anyone of actually making the case against Islam

lmao ok bro.

I always thought the anti refugee people were just afraid of them becoming terrorists in the US. Which doesn't have any basis in the numbers. Milo OTOH seems to take the position that Islamic countries are so horribly regressive towards women and homosexuality and that immigrants will help transport segments of this oppressive culture to America, Britain, etc. Milo is a gay man who sees Islam as one of the biggest threats to his people. While I don't agree with everything he says and am pro immigration, it's the only time I at least saw where the anti Islamic immigration people were coming from

Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:16 pm
loyalfromlondon

milo also thinks homosexuality is aberrant and a lifestyle choice, so maybe he's not the best person to speak for "his people"

Same.

Algren wrote:

Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:38 pm
Hold the door!

Very few are against Muslim immigration altogether.

Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:38 pm
You must have big rats

Shack...

Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:41 pm
Profile WWW
A very honest-hearted fellow

Apparently at CPAC he came out in favor of diddling boys. The conservative movement is over.

Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:25 am
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Pundit

zwackerm wrote:
There's a difference between doing things and dressing like the other gender and actually thinking you're in the wrong body. That second one seems pretty damaging to me.

I'm not saying people shouldn't have freedom to do what they want. But there's no reason to think they legitimately have a different gendered brain than their body, at least when you look at the science.

zwackerm has figured out how the human brain works, everyone

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:45 am
KJ's Leading Pundit

Shack wrote:
Magnus wrote:
Shack wrote:
I also think he does the best job of anyone of actually making the case against Islam

lmao ok bro.

I always thought the anti refugee people were just afraid of them becoming terrorists in the US. Which doesn't have any basis in the numbers. Milo OTOH seems to take the position that Islamic countries are so horribly regressive towards women and homosexuality and that immigrants will help transport segments of this oppressive culture to America, Britain, etc. Milo is a gay man who sees Islam as one of the biggest threats to his people. While I don't agree with everything he says and am pro immigration, it's the only time I at least saw where the anti Islamic immigration people were coming from

The problem with this, though, is that most/all? religions used to be/still are? insanely oppressive. By becoming a part of a culture that's trying to progress, the religion will evolve into hopefully mostly the good parts, rather than following the bad. A lot of violence/oppression from any religion is based in incorrect interpretations of the words its based on. And most of the people that are immigrating follow their religion in a peaceful manner.

It's just as stupid to bar Islamic immigrants as it was barring Jewish immigrants, or Italian immigrants, or etc...

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:50 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Liberals need to cease this tedious drivel of nonsensical discussion, that the right is continuing to distract them with, such as this walking contradiction here is doing as he enjoys that orange-tinted limelight.

Slit the cretin's tongue by ignoring him, silencing him, and allow the filth to go off to fantasize about little boys, Leslie Jones, Trump's "fabulousness", all whilst leaving him to believe he's somehow "famous" now for being so controversial in his dreadful fashion of choice.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:49 am
Profile WWW
Pure Phase

Milo brings out the wordsmith in Corpse. ;)

1. The Lost City of Z - 2. A Cure for Wellness - 3. Phantom Thread - 4. T2 Trainspotting - 5. Detroit - 6. Good Time - 7. The Beguiled - 8. The Florida Project - 9. Logan and 10. Molly's Game

Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:03 am
Hold the door!

Lol will this pedophilia thing make him more famous like when he was banned from Twitter or will it end him once and for all?

Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:22 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

I don't think he got "more famous" when he was banned from twitter.

And it would be quite sad if he still maintained his large following after this.

But hey, people are idiots.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:32 pm
Killing With Kindness

Magnus wrote:
trixster wrote:
milo also thinks homosexuality is aberrant and a lifestyle choice, so maybe he's not the best person to speak for "his people"

this.

not to mention, if you're really worried about the bad parts of Islam spreading across the world, implementing immigrant bans and bombing the shit out of Muslim countries is only going to make things worse.

truth

Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:46 pm
Profile WWW
Keeping it Light

zwackerm wrote:
He's an asshole for making fun of Leslie Jones and other people. Not for the things he debunks.

Like pedophilia right?

Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2