Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:08 am



Reply to topic  [ 2246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77 ... 90  Next
 The Trump Era: The Awkward Mix of Libertarianism and Fascism 
Author Message
Hold the door!
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:26 pm
Posts: 14794
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Post Re: The Trump Era: The Awkward Mix of Libertarianism and Fas
Chippy wrote:
dear fucking lord is zwackerm a fucking dumbass

And this is the way to convert someone to being a Democrat? Insulting their intelligence? I will never understand why Democrats think insulting and smearing Republicans through the mud is going to make us want to vote your way. It does quite the opposite.

_________________
Image


Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:23 pm
Profile
Defeats all expectations
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 26, 2006 5:04 pm
Posts: 6073
Post Re: The Trump Era: The Awkward Mix of Libertarianism and Fas
Barrabás wrote:
lol at anyone thinking he's actually getting impeached. It's like some collective hysteria/delusion.

At this point he's much more likely to get re-elected than impeached.


I hope Trump supporters don't get caught up in this hysteria. Just don't get fired up by those spreading it i.e. Sarah, Rudy, or Donald, and the country will be fine. ;)


Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:23 pm
Profile
Hold the door!
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:26 pm
Posts: 14794
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Post Re: The Trump Era: The Awkward Mix of Libertarianism and Fas
Most sensible people can see that the Democrats criticisms of Trump have been 99% crying wolf. From a Russia investigation that has lasted almost two years with no evidence to support it, to this supposed separation at the border that has been going on for years and only happens because the parents would rather enter the country illegally than stay with their kids, it’s self parody at this point.

I would maybe vote for a democrat with a gun to my head but that’s about it.

_________________
Image


Last edited by zwackerm on Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:27 pm
Profile
Defeats all expectations
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 26, 2006 5:04 pm
Posts: 6073
Post Re: The Trump Era: The Awkward Mix of Libertarianism and Fas
zwackerm wrote:
Chippy wrote:
dear fucking lord is zwackerm a fucking dumbass

And this is the way to convert someone to being a Democrat? Insulting their intelligence? I will never understand why Democrats think insulting and smearing Republicans through the mud is going to make us want to vote your way. It does quite the opposite.


Was he trying to convert you? Maybe stop the paranoia about Democrats and stay who you are.


Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:27 pm
Profile
KJ's Leading Pundit
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:45 pm
Posts: 61652
Location: Tonight... YOU!
Post Re: The Trump Era: The Awkward Mix of Libertarianism and Fas
zwackerm wrote:
Chippy wrote:
dear fucking lord is zwackerm a fucking dumbass

And this is the way to convert someone to being a Democrat? Insulting their intelligence? I will never understand why Democrats think insulting and smearing Republicans through the mud is going to make us want to vote your way. It does quite the opposite.


LOL I don't want you to vote Democrat. You're clearly beyond gone. You do realize there are more than 2 options, right?

Democrats who try to appease hardcore Republican voters, like yourself, are almost as stupid as you.

_________________
trixster wrote:
shut the fuck up zwackerm, you're out of your fucking element

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump


Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:33 pm
Profile
Hold the door!
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:26 pm
Posts: 14794
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Post Re: The Trump Era: The Awkward Mix of Libertarianism and Fas
i.hope wrote:
zwackerm wrote:
Chippy wrote:
dear fucking lord is zwackerm a fucking dumbass

And this is the way to convert someone to being a Democrat? Insulting their intelligence? I will never understand why Democrats think insulting and smearing Republicans through the mud is going to make us want to vote your way. It does quite the opposite.


Was he trying to convert you? Maybe stop the paranoia about Democrats and stay who you are.

I’m sure Chippy would love any extra blue votes he can get.

_________________
Image


Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:33 pm
Profile
Hold the door!
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:26 pm
Posts: 14794
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Post Re: The Trump Era: The Awkward Mix of Libertarianism and Fas
Chippy wrote:
zwackerm wrote:
Chippy wrote:
dear fucking lord is zwackerm a fucking dumbass

And this is the way to convert someone to being a Democrat? Insulting their intelligence? I will never understand why Democrats think insulting and smearing Republicans through the mud is going to make us want to vote your way. It does quite the opposite.


LOL I don't want you to vote Democrat. You're clearly beyond gone. You do realize there are more than 2 options, right?

Democrats who try to appease hardcore Republican voters, like yourself, are almost as stupid as you.

Then what’s your point? To be an asshole? My IQ is north of 140, FYI.

_________________
Image


Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:34 pm
Profile
KJ's Leading Pundit
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:45 pm
Posts: 61652
Location: Tonight... YOU!
Post Re: The Trump Era: The Awkward Mix of Libertarianism and Fas
zwackerm wrote:
Most sensible people can see that the Democrats criticisms of Trump have been 99% crying wolf. From a Russia investigation that has lasted almost two years with no evidence to support it, to this supposed separation at the border that has been going on for years and only happens because the parents would rather enter the country illegally than stay with their kids, it’s self parody at this point.

I would maybe vote for a democrat with a gun to my head but that’s about it.


No evidence? Are you really that blind? And you do realize the investigation is ongoing, and has already racked up a LOT of evidence and charges against people in his campaign.

The border stuff again is bullshit. There was NO separation of families prior to Trump. That's a 100% fact. And again, trying to get asylum is not illegal, and even if they're not seeking asylum, crossing the border is a misdemeanor. To treat HUMAN BEINGS like the way they've been treated is such republican bullshit.

I honestly want to know where you get your news. Infowars? Fox news? Daily Caller? Some shitty school newspaper run by your local white supremacists? Tammy Lahren?

_________________
trixster wrote:
shut the fuck up zwackerm, you're out of your fucking element

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump


Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:36 pm
Profile
KJ's Leading Pundit
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:45 pm
Posts: 61652
Location: Tonight... YOU!
Post Re: The Trump Era: The Awkward Mix of Libertarianism and Fas
zwackerm wrote:
Chippy wrote:
zwackerm wrote:
Chippy wrote:
dear fucking lord is zwackerm a fucking dumbass

And this is the way to convert someone to being a Democrat? Insulting their intelligence? I will never understand why Democrats think insulting and smearing Republicans through the mud is going to make us want to vote your way. It does quite the opposite.


LOL I don't want you to vote Democrat. You're clearly beyond gone. You do realize there are more than 2 options, right?

Democrats who try to appease hardcore Republican voters, like yourself, are almost as stupid as you.

Then what’s your point? To be an asshole? My IQ is north of 140, FYI.


Holy. Shit. Are you a Proud Boy? Y'all love to tout your IQ's. You do realize it's not a real thing, right?

_________________
trixster wrote:
shut the fuck up zwackerm, you're out of your fucking element

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump


Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:37 pm
Profile
Defeats all expectations
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 26, 2006 5:04 pm
Posts: 6073
Post Re: The Trump Era: The Awkward Mix of Libertarianism and Fas
zwackerm wrote:
Most sensible people can see that the Democrats criticisms of Trump have been 99% crying wolf. From a Russia investigation that has lasted almost two years with no evidence to support it, to this supposed separation at the border that has been going on for years and only happens because the parents would rather enter the country illegally than stay with their kids, it’s self parody at this point.

I would maybe vote for a democrat with a gun to my head but that’s about it.


Mueller's investigation has generated quite a number of indictments and pleas, compared to previous special investigations. And most of the investigations took longer than two years.

Image


https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-mueller-investigation-keeps-growing-fast/


Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:00 pm
Profile
Hold the door!
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:26 pm
Posts: 14794
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Post Re: The Trump Era: The Awkward Mix of Libertarianism and Fas
Chippy wrote:
zwackerm wrote:
Most sensible people can see that the Democrats criticisms of Trump have been 99% crying wolf. From a Russia investigation that has lasted almost two years with no evidence to support it, to this supposed separation at the border that has been going on for years and only happens because the parents would rather enter the country illegally than stay with their kids, it’s self parody at this point.

I would maybe vote for a democrat with a gun to my head but that’s about it.


No evidence? Are you really that blind? And you do realize the investigation is ongoing, and has already racked up a LOT of evidence and charges against people in his campaign.

The border stuff again is bullshit. There was NO separation of families prior to Trump. That's a 100% fact. And again, trying to get asylum is not illegal, and even if they're not seeking asylum, crossing the border is a misdemeanor. To treat HUMAN BEINGS like the way they've been treated is such republican bullshit.

I honestly want to know where you get your news. Infowars? Fox news? Daily Caller? Some shitty school newspaper run by your local white supremacists? Tammy Lahren?


I don’t get my news from any specific source, I usually google whatever story and look at a variety. Certainly not Breitbart though or infowars lol I know they’re biased. There’s very few news sources that aren’t biased.

I don’t think families should be separated, but I do believe the strict enforcement was to discourage crossing the border illegally. Nobody forced any of the people who crossed the border to do so. And they aren’t being separated anymore and they are being reunited as we speak.

I support strong border enforcement, this was a mistake but it’s not enough for me to think that the Democrats border policies are better.

_________________
Image


Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:10 pm
Profile
Defeats all expectations
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 26, 2006 5:04 pm
Posts: 6073
Post Re: The Trump Era: The Awkward Mix of Libertarianism and Fas
zwackerm wrote:


I don’t think families should be separated, but I do believe the strict enforcement was to discourage crossing the border illegally. Nobody forced any of the people who crossed the border to do so. And they aren’t being separated anymore and they are being reunited as we speak.



The whole "we are just enforcing the law" argument stands against facts. There are asylum laws that the DOJ deliberately ignored. If the government had followed the laws to the letter, young children (some as young as 1-year-old) separated from their parents at the border would not have had to appear in immigration court alone without their parents present to defend their legal asylum claims. The government had no intent to reunite them or even track them down from the start. Due process was violated.

And the court-ordered reunification is ongoing. 528 children are still separated from their parents; 23 are five years old or younger.



Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:46 pm
Profile
Hold the door!
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:26 pm
Posts: 14794
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Post Re: The Trump Era: The Awkward Mix of Libertarianism and Fas
i.hope wrote:
zwackerm wrote:


I don’t think families should be separated, but I do believe the strict enforcement was to discourage crossing the border illegally. Nobody forced any of the people who crossed the border to do so. And they aren’t being separated anymore and they are being reunited as we speak.



The whole "we are just enforcing the law" argument stands against facts. There are asylum laws that the DOJ deliberately ignored. If the government had followed the laws to the letter, young children (some as young as 1-year-old) separated from their parents at the border would not have had to appear in immigration court alone without their parents present to defend their legal asylum claims. The government had no intent to reunite them or even track them down from the start. Due process was violated.

And the court-ordered reunification is ongoing. 528 children are still separated from their parents; 23 are five years old or younger.



I know there are still kids being reunited, hence the as we speak. How on earth can a one year old testify for itself? Most of them can’t speak.

So the issue is not with people crossing the border illegally, it’s with people being denied legal asylum? Did all the families that were separated have asylum?

_________________
Image


Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:03 pm
Profile
Extraordinary
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:30 pm
Posts: 12043
Location: Stroudsburg, PA
Post Re: The Trump Era: The Awkward Mix of Libertarianism and Fas
Arguing with Trump supporters is a waste of time, because facts are meaningless to them. We've had, what 8 guilty pleas or verdicts and another dozen or so indictments and they still say there's nothing there?

You can't debate with someone whose response to facts and logic are basically "Nuh uh, I don't believe you" while offering no evidence on their own.

_________________
Buy my books! http://michaelaventrella.com


Image


Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:18 pm
Profile WWW
Is this heaven, or is this hell?
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2005 2:30 am
Posts: 30909
Post Re: The Trump Era: The Awkward Mix of Libertarianism and Fas
Groucho wrote:
Arguing with extreme left wingers is a waste of time, because facts are meaningless to them.

You can't debate with someone whose response to facts and logic are basically "Nuh uh, I don't believe you" while offering no evidence on their own.


I agree!

_________________
Follow WOKJ's official box office account twitter.com/wokjboxoffice


Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:03 am
Profile
007
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:43 pm
Posts: 9555
Location: Wouldn't you like to know
Post Re: The Trump Era: The Awkward Mix of Libertarianism and Fas
Zwack’s IQ is over 9,000!

_________________
Image


Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:36 am
Profile
Homo Dperious
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:26 am
Posts: 13882
Location: Everywhere
Post Re: The Trump Era: The Awkward Mix of Libertarianism and Fas
Anyone who didn't expect this from the Trump administration, in light of their campaign, is an idiot.


Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:00 am
Profile ICQ
Don't Dream It, Be It
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:45 pm
Posts: 28600
Location: The Graveyard
Post Re: The Trump Era: The Awkward Mix of Libertarianism and Fas


There is a Trump tweet for everything, case no. 978456.

_________________
Japan Box Office

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."


Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:08 pm
Profile WWW
Homo Dperious
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:26 am
Posts: 13882
Location: Everywhere
Post Re: The Trump Era: The Awkward Mix of Libertarianism and Fas
So I think the anonymous nyt editorial sounds like Kelly. Although I can’t say someone else might not want to make it seem to be Kelly.

You know the movie I want to watch? One in which it’s revealed the senior Trump administration official is Trump himself! It’s all been an act to fool the Russians. I read the editorial pretending it was him and it was hilarious. Get ready for Qanon followers to spread that theory any minute now.


Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:48 am
Profile ICQ
Homo Dperious
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:26 am
Posts: 13882
Location: Everywhere
Post Re: The Trump Era: The Awkward Mix of Libertarianism and Fas
Oh zwackerm, no one forces anyone else to walk in front of a drunk driver either.


Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:50 am
Profile ICQ
Extraordinary
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:51 pm
Posts: 11605
Post Re: The Trump Era: The Awkward Mix of Libertarianism and Fas
Between Woodward and the anonymous source it has been a wild week for Trump.


Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:50 am
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:45 pm
Posts: 28600
Location: The Graveyard
Post Re: The Trump Era: The Awkward Mix of Libertarianism and Fas
It seems very likely to me that the actual author purposefully wrote the op-ed to read as though Mike Pence is the guy, but it would be incredibly hilarious if the author is indeed Pence.

Or, it'd be an excellent WrestleMania 35 storyline if Linda McMahon, despite already denying it, wrote it to revive the old battle of the billionaires feud between Vince McMahon and Donald Trump. Donald Trump vs. Vince McMahon in a Hell in a Cell match. The winner gets to fire the loser for good.

Someone is going to leak who the author is a few weeks before the midterms.

_________________
Japan Box Office

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."


Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:09 pm
Profile WWW
Superfreak
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:54 am
Posts: 20470
Location: Places
Post Re: The Trump Era: The Awkward Mix of Libertarianism and Fas
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tsm1GPnlqmU

I know people think Kamala Harris has 2020 potential but she looks like an idiot here, frankly. Kavanaugh picked up the obvious trap question instantly and she tried (and failed) to trap him with "tough" side remarks but ended up just looking silly. Liz Warren much more effective at this style.

_________________
Ari Emmanuel wrote:
I'd rather marry lindsay Lohan than represent Mel Gibson.


Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:55 pm
Profile
Hold the door!
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:26 pm
Posts: 14794
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Post Re: The Trump Era: The Awkward Mix of Libertarianism and Fas
Solution to the Supreme Court thing- nominate someone who hasn’t sexually assaulted anyone.

_________________
Image


Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:53 pm
Profile
The Kramer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 11:36 am
Posts: 15713
Location: Classified
Post Re: The Trump Era: The Awkward Mix of Libertarianism and Fas
zwackerm wrote:
Solution to the Supreme Court thing- nominate someone who hasn’t sexually assaulted anyone.
Exactly what I’ve been thinking!

But I guess there’s a domino effect at play. If Trump admits he was wrong about one thing it might encourage his followers to wonder what else he might be wrong about. Better to keep that batting average at 1000.


Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:28 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 2246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77 ... 90  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.