Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 2260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87 ... 91  Next
 The Trump Era: The Awkward Mix of Libertarianism and Fascism 
Extraordinary

Post Re: The Trump Era: The Awkward Mix of Libertarianism and Fas
Darth Indiana Bond wrote:
I mean, I know the rubber neckers who were wanting to see an exploding car might be disappointed, but it was actually a very successful investigation that led to the arrest and conviction of several people, some tied to Trump, but most just to Russia.

Republicans: "This report completely exonerates Trump!"

Us: "Okay, then you'll have no problem letting us read it then, since it helps your case."

Republicans: "What? No! Just trust us, you don't need to read it. Nothing to see here."

Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:38 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Rep. Ohmar is really testing the Democrats mantra of "racism is OK if its not coming from a white." Constantly defending her ridiculous comments and lumping her in with Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, who will actually have a significant part to play in future politics, isn't helping the cause. So far as I can tell she was elected because her district is full of Somalians who wanted one of their own. So we can just go ahead and ignore her without it being insensitive to Muslims.

Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:59 am
KJ's Leading Pundit

She hasn't said anything racist. The fuck are you talking about?

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:02 pm
The Kramer

She has made a few anti-Israel comments and even if the quote was taken out of context, she should know not to trivialize 9/11 in any way, shape or form.

And if you go through her twitter, pretty much everything is either defending her comments or making a Muslim agenda that she will later need to defend. She needs to show that she will be there for all people, as a Muslim, not just for Muslims. AOC isn't out there only trying to help Puerto Ricans, she is trying to help everyone. That's what a Democrat is supposed to be. Republicans are the ones who only focus on themselves and their inner circles.

Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:14 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

She didn't make anti-Israel comments. She's made anti-Israeli army comments. As they repeatedly use propaganda to disparage Palestine. She also has made comments regarding the Israel lobby in the US which uses money for their own special interests.

Also, she didn't "trivialize" 9/11. Listen to the whole speech. She didn't need to divulge on a situation where everyone knows what happened. It wasn't a speech about 9/11. Also, it was 18 years ago. If you're getting offended by a semi-offhanded comment that doesn't go into detail on what happened that day, that's on you.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:48 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

Now that piece of shit president is essentially inciting violence against her. We've quickly turned into a dictatorship.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:04 pm
The Kramer

I’m certainly not offended by it, but you know this is going to come up during the election, and any possible response will make Bernie/Joe/Kamala/Beta look bad.

And of course the Trumpers are gonna get riled up about it. That’s what they do. It’s a shiny fire he can use to distract them from the (potential) release of the Mueller Report. The tactic has worked many times in the past and it will again.

Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:43 am
Extraordinary

Chippy wrote:
Now that piece of shit president is essentially inciting violence against her. We've quickly turned into a dictatorship.

Calm down...

45TH PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A. DONALD J. TRUMP
#MAGA #KAG!
10,000 post achieved on - Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 pm

Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:12 am
Extraordinary

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
I’m certainly not offended by it, but you know this is going to come up during the election, and any possible response will make Bernie/Joe/Kamala/Beta look bad.

And of course the Trumpers are gonna get riled up about it. That’s what they do. It’s a shiny fire he can use to distract them from the (potential) release of the Mueller Report. The tactic has worked many times in the past and it will again.

The MR is diddly squat.
AOC, Tlaib and Omar are Perfect foils for Trump to bring up every rally this election. I’m looking forward to it.

45TH PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A. DONALD J. TRUMP
#MAGA #KAG!
10,000 post achieved on - Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 pm

Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:20 am
The Kramer

I’m sure the MR will be just like his tax returns, where people will realize it was all a big deal over nothing when he finally releases them.

Oh wait he still hasn’t released his tax returns has he? I’m sure there’s nothing we need to worry about though. And its not like Donald Trump would ever demand something like tax returns or a birth certificate from a sitting president, so this is all just a witch hunt by the liberal media.

Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:55 pm
now we know

Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:49 pm
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

She is trying to help everyone. That's what a Democrat is supposed to be. Republicans are the ones who only focus on themselves and their inner circles.

This is a ridiculously black and white good and evil view to have. I would never say "all Democrats just want globalist godless communism" or "all Republicans just love God, freedom and protecting the American way" because there is goodness, evil and corruption on both sides.

Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:56 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

"trivialized 9/11" what a tiny little pea brain mind that meme-maker has.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:29 pm
Defeats all expectations

Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:44 pm
Defeats all expectations

zwackerm wrote:
She is trying to help everyone. That's what a Democrat is supposed to be. Republicans are the ones who only focus on themselves and their inner circles.

This is a ridiculously black and white good and evil view to have. I would never say "all Democrats just want globalist godless communism" or "all Republicans just love God, freedom and protecting the American way" because there is goodness, evil and corruption on both sides.

That's a generalization, quite an accurate one to describe the current state of affairs. Republicans often work against the people's will.

Over 80% of Americans support universal background check, a measure embraced by voters across the aisle. Unfortunately in Congress, only Democrats back it.

For-profit prisons put money making above criminal justice and are unpopular. Democrats want to eliminate them but Republicans love them.

Democrats try to empower the people by minimizing money in politics (not accepting PAC money, being transparent about tax returns, advocating public campaign financing). Republicans stay mum about it and have ignored so many conflicts of interest within the administration.

Gerrymandering weakens people's voting power by allowing incumbent parties to choose their voters. Democrats raise the issue nationwide while I hear crickets from Republicans.

Some Republicans prefer appointees to representatives elected by the people. Republicans in Alabama House voted to do away with special elections in US Senate after a Democrat won an election. Then-Republican governor in Wisconsin by the name of Scott Walker defied the law by withholding special elections until a court order stopped him.

Trump has spent more time golfing and holding campaign rallies and blaming others on Twitter than doing actual governing.

Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:50 pm
The Kramer

zwackerm wrote:

1) This is a politics thread where hyperbole flows freely in the name of change at a macro, country-wide level.

2) I obviously don’t think you, nghtvsn, rollingthunder, etc... are evil in all things. I have plenty of conservative friends, who I occasionally have to chastise but are otherwise decent fellas (or indoctrinated women).

3) But from a pure perspective of policy - prove me wrong. :P I.hope did a much better job of outlining my point so thank you sir for that.

Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:27 am
Hold the door!

zwackerm wrote:

1) This is a politics thread where hyperbole flows freely in the name of change at a macro, country-wide level.

2) I obviously don’t think you, nghtvsn, rollingthunder, etc... are evil in all things. I have plenty of conservative friends, who I occasionally have to chastise but are otherwise decent fellas (or indoctrinated women).

3) But from a pure perspective of policy - prove me wrong. :P I.hope did a much better job of outlining my point so thank you sir for that.

I don’t think any of the policies you listed are official Republican stances. They are simply the actions of the individual Republicans in power that I agree are corrupt. I support a universal background and mental health check, oppose for profit prisons and most of what you listed I agree with.

Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:44 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

"those issues aren't republican stances! those are just the stances the republican representatives have!"

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:59 pm
Hold the door!

Chippy wrote:
"those issues aren't republican stances! those are just the stances the republican representatives have!"

I think they go against what Republican voters want and don’t keep campaign promises. That doesn’t mean Democrats are going to give me anything better.

Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:59 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

So instead, you just keep voting for them. And they implement republican policies.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:29 pm
Hold the door!

Chippy wrote:
So instead, you just keep voting for them. And they implement republican policies.

They do implement a lot of good policies as well, I don’t agree with everything they do though.

Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:42 pm
now we know

For someone that identifies as a conservative, zwackerm is quite open-minded and knows what is right and wrong. The same cannot be said for the likes of Chippy and Groucho, who are brainwashed, ignorant, self-righteous liberals that could never compliment someone that isn't a Democrat. Ironically, they are like crazy Christians who push their agenda with such force and anger and just hatefulness, as if it's the ONLY way to live. They do the liberal cause no favours whatsoever.

Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:34 pm
Profile WWW
Keeping it Light

zwackerm wrote:
Chippy wrote:

They do implement a lot of good policies as well, I don’t agree with everything they do though.

Which is one of their policies that's good for you?

Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:20 am
KJ's Leading Pundit

What is zwackerm open minded about?

I want a ban on all guns. But I'm open to just banning "assault" rifles and handguns. Other Republican policies? They're all batshit insane. Tell me some sane R policies, and I'll tell you if I'm willing to bend to them. Bet you can't find that many.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:10 am
The Kramer

I like republican ideals in theory. If people save money on taxes then they can reinvest in the economy and therefore let the free market decide what to do with our wealth rather than an intrusive government.

The problem is, the people who hid their money overseas to avoid the democrats tax rate aren’t gonna just bring it back. Why? Because the Pubs “fair” tax rate is still higher than 0. So we cut all these social/science programs for nothing.

Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:58 am
Reply to topic   [ 2260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87 ... 91  Next