Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 2260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85 ... 91  Next
 The Trump Era: The Awkward Mix of Libertarianism and Fascism 
The Kramer

Post Re: The Trump Era: The Awkward Mix of Libertarianism and Fas
Bernie’s fundraising numbers are pretty crazy. I had initially thought that people would be sick of him but I guess not. He also has a narrative about being screwed in the last election and now everyone is saying the same things he is. Maybe Bernie is the man after all? He also has the most recognizable name and will probably get the support of AOC who is huge right now.

Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:57 am
Hold the door!

I feel like even Democrats for the most part think Alexandra Ocasio Cortez is an absolute moron who will do nothing to help their party retake the White House.

Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:00 am
Extraordinary

zwackerm wrote:
I feel like even Democrats for the most part think Alexandra Ocasio Cortez is an absolute moron who will do nothing to help their party retake the White House.

Well, sure, if you get your news from the right-wing media, that's what you'd think.

Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:25 pm
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

Groucho wrote:
zwackerm wrote:

Well, sure, if you get your news from the right-wing media, that's what you'd think.

Lol.

Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:12 pm
Extraordinary

zwackerm wrote:
Groucho wrote:
zwackerm wrote:

Lol.

Ah, good comeback, you got me there with your logic and insight.

I'm a registered Democrat, a member of my local party, and someone who writes about politics on my blog. I have lots of Democrat friends. Not one is saying anything even close to your fantasy.

But isn't that just like conservatives? Facts and logic are meaningless if it hurts their world view. No global warming, no evolution, Trump is innocent -- It's amazing to me how they can believe so many easily proven falsehoods.

Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:49 pm
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

I’d think most democrats wouldn’t like someone so very far left if they’re interested in centrist votes.

I find it hard to believe you’ve ever actually met many conservatives if you think they all dismiss evolution and global warming and love Trump with a passion. That’s such a ridiculous straw man. Surely there are many that do, but none that I have met who are under the age of 40.

I never ever look at “right wing sites”. I usually look at whatever comes into my newsfeed, which is never Fox News, breitbart or anything like that.

I’ve seen plenty of interviews with Alexandra to see she is not fit for office regardless of her political beliefs.

Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:32 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

90% of Republicans approve of Trump: https://news.gallup.com/poll/203198/pre ... trump.aspx

There are no "Centrists".

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:39 pm
Forum General

zwackerm wrote:
I’d think most democrats wouldn’t like someone so very far left if they’re interested in centrist votes.

I find it hard to believe you’ve ever actually met many conservatives if you think they all dismiss evolution and global warming and love Trump with a passion. That’s such a ridiculous straw man. Surely there are many that do, but none that I have met who are under the age of 40.

I come from an Evangelical family/community and this literally describes all of them.

Not a straw man at all.

Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:49 pm
Extraordinary

There's a distinction to be made between "conservative" and "Trump supporter."

I can have reasonable debates with conservatives, where we can discuss what purpose government should have and what powers it should have and so on.

Trump supporters are irrational. They believe in things that aren't real, and no amount of evidence can change their minds. They blindly assume since they think it's true, anyone who disagrees with them is not only wrong but evil.

You can't debate with them, because the rules of debate don't apply. Nothing you say can change their minds.

Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:43 am
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

Both are obviously biased, but it's easier to debate with a right wing person when the the hard left is the ones acting 100% on emotion. R/politics is a bigger joke than the_donald, all you have to do is post an article about how this is going to lead to Trump impeachment or something else anti Trump that backs up their opinion and they'll nut for it without checking if it makes any logical sense. I understand the same arguments could be said for the Trump supporters, but there are many people on the left buying fully into the Russiagate, etc. articles who don't realize what a bubble has been made for them by sites that realize they'll click on it if they appeal strictly to their emotion

As for AOC, the Green New Deal is one of the craziest things I've read in a while. It wants to ban fossil fuels even if it means no airplanes, rebuild every building in the US to be environmentally friendly, not just give everyone in the country a job but give economic security to people unwilling to work, and has no plan for where the money for this would come from. But it seems like half the people supporting it made up their mind as soon as they saw the name Green New Deal.

Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:36 pm
Defeats all expectations

I have a question for people who claim to be on the right:

Who is more moronic/idiotic, Donald Trump (according to Ann Coulter and Rex Tillerson) or Ann Coulter (according to some Trump supporters)?

Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:53 pm
Defeats all expectations

Regarding the Green New Deal, I like the idea of high-speed trains. A railway network powered by renewable energy connecting the country's populated metropolitan areas is something that not only will reduce CO2 emission but also boost the economy and quality of life on an unseen level.

Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:11 pm
Veteran

Many intellectuals (most on the Left) sure do get triggered by those who don't hold to the traditional views of how we got here (as humans).

On a somewhat related note I remember when Kyrie Irving (basketball player) and William Hayes (football player) both espouses nontraditional views on the moon landing and existence of dinosaurs. As I predicted at the time, there was a slight uproar. Hayes, a relative unknown, even got invited to the Jimmy Kimmel show so that he can publicly say that 'he was just kidding'. Same with Kyrie - he was pressured to deny the whole thing. If say, I don't believe in the theory of evolution, does that trigger a negative emotion/reaction? Do you feel compelled to debate/inquire as to why, or can you let it alone? Does your shoulder twitch involuntary like the zombies in the Thriller music video? Does your eye twitch? I sure do hope so. :-P

I was blind, but now I see.

Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:32 pm
Defeats all expectations

"The Earth is flat."

L: No, the Earth is round.
C: It is just a matter of opinions.

Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:59 pm
Keeping it Light

I don't see how there's a different between far right and far left people, they're both blind to compromise and just want to Thanos the opposing side. I think there's more, maybe at least double of the far right than there are of the far left.

Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:17 am
now we know

The far left are far more sanctimonious than the far right. They more closely resemble religious extremists in their undying mission to convert you to their way of thinking, which is ironic.

Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:23 am
Profile WWW
Defeats all expectations

This Congresswoman and her team come prepared.

Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:42 pm
Devil's Advocate

Beto O'Rourke just seems like a very ordinary person to me who's thrust into the spotlight. He is the dad or teacher teenage girls have a crush on. He is way too dorky to be compared to Obama. I guess compared to Hillary Clintons of the world that authenticity is an improvement?

Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:31 pm
Extraordinary

I'm sure Robert Francis will be able to waste another 70 million dollars if not hundreds.

45TH PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A. DONALD J. TRUMP
#MAGA #KAG!
10,000 post achieved on - Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 pm

Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:38 am
Devil's Advocate

:lol:

Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:01 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

Mueller has finished his report.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:20 pm
Defeats all expectations

Quote:
Mueller’s move signals the end of a sprawling criminal inquiry that has dominated the first two years of Trump’s presidency, prompting furious attacks from Trump and his allies.

The investigation led to the criminal convictions of Trump’s campaign chairman, deputy chairman, personal attorney and two policy advisers. The president’s longtime friend and adviser Roger Stone was also indicted.

Mueller’s team secured criminal indictments of others, including more than two dozen Russians accused of involvement in Moscow’s interference in the 2016 US election, which US intelligence agencies concluded was aimed at helping Trump win.

Feverish anticipation of the “Mueller report” has grown for months, with critics of Trump hoping for a full public account of any links between his presidential campaign team and the Russian operation.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/mar/22/mueller-report-trump-russia-investigation-completed-latest-news

Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:01 pm
The Kramer

It’s gonna be exactly what we’ve been expecting all along. Trump’s entire staff was crooked and doing anything possible to discredit Hilary Clinton, but that Trump himself remained purposefully oblivious to it all in preparation for this very moment.

Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:35 am

Trump another crooked politician who knows how to keep himself out of legal convictions, shocker! The real investigation is the one going on in New York. I’d be shocked if anything actually happens to Trump.

Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:25 pm
Devil's Advocate

I think the Democrats tried to cheat more than the Republicans and lost anyways

Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:24 am
Reply to topic   [ 2260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85 ... 91  Next