Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 2260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 91  Next
 The Trump Era: The Awkward Mix of Libertarianism and Fascism 
Extraordinary

Post Re: The Trump Era: The Awkward Mix of Libertarianism and Fas
Given previous comments and attitudes, I always imaged Algren as the exact kind of person who would vote for Trump and be proud of it, so it's kind of ironic to see him laughing at Americans who voted for him. (And the majority of course did not.)

Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:37 am
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:20 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

Groucho wrote:
Given previous comments and attitudes, I always imaged Algren as the exact kind of person who would vote for Trump and be proud of it, so it's kind of ironic to see him laughing at Americans who voted for him.

Hmm, that's interesting because I always imagined you as the exact kind of person who waits in toilet cubicles for glory hole action, and also be proud of it. Funny how perhaps we both don't know each other well enough to make assumptions like that.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:24 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Algren wrote:
Groucho wrote:
Given previous comments and attitudes, I always imaged Algren as the exact kind of person who would vote for Trump and be proud of it, so it's kind of ironic to see him laughing at Americans who voted for him.

Hmm, that's interesting because I always imagined you as the exact kind of person who waits in toilet cubicles for glory hole action, and also be proud of it. Funny how perhaps we both don't know each other well enough to make assumptions like that.

Which, of course, is exactly the kind of thing Trump followers say, when they resort to childish insults because they have no facts or logic to support their opinion.

Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:35 am
Profile WWW
now we know

Groucho wrote:
Algren wrote:
Groucho wrote:

Which, of course, is exactly the kind of thing Trump followers say, when they resort to childish insults because they have no facts or logic to support their opinion.

Umm, you did that first, moron. You tried to make a witty comment to something that was none of your business. So go fuck yourself if you can't take it back.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:24 pm
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

Groucho wrote:
Algren wrote:
Groucho wrote:

Yeah because Trump haters never make childish insults either.

Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:42 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:00 pm
Profile WWW

Rumor from Brannon is that there is a plot to backstab Trump from within. Question is, who?

Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:39 am
A very honest-hearted fellow

Darth Indiana Bond wrote:
Rumor from Brannon is that there is a plot to backstab Trump from within. Question is, who?

How do you backstab someone that has no political positions other than "Trump" and maybe some ignorant trade policies?

I hope it is Sean Hannity. That way liberals, anti-Trump conservatives, and bootlickers can all come together in their dislike of him.

Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:28 am
Profile WWW
Defeats all expectations

Hail, General Kelly. Heed his words and do not question, you little people!

Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:06 pm

I like Kelly, but damn...dat Saunders

Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:04 pm
Extraordinary

Yeah that was horrible. You hear that line coming from third world dictators. We have every right to question Kelly, he works for us.

Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:34 pm
Profile WWW

First charges coming this Monday

Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:52 am
A very honest-hearted fellow

And to no one's surprise it is Manafort (and his sidekick Gates). I suspect Flynn will be indicted as well at a later date.

Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:45 am
Profile WWW
Defeats all expectations

On Oct 5, Trump campaign's foreign policy advisor George Papadopoulos pleaded guilty to making false statements about Russian contacts. And the revelations point to Trump Campaign-Russia collusion. Pretty surprising and damning.

Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:26 am
Defeats all expectations

George Papadopoulos - Statement of the Offense:

https://www.scribd.com/document/363010508/George-Papadopoulos-Statement-of-the-Offense

Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:46 am
Devil's Advocate

I don't think this is much of a smoking gun. Manafort's charges are for being crooked long before Trump hired him. Papadopoulos is for lying to the FBI, I don't know how much of a game changer that is especially since he's now untrustworthy and his attempts to set up a meeting were not taken by Trump campaign

Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:24 pm
Defeats all expectations

Shack wrote:
I don't think this is much of a smoking gun. Manafort's charges are for being crooked long before Trump hired him. Papadopoulos is just some intern who lied to the FBI

Shack wrote:
I don't think this is much of a smoking gun. Manafort's charges are for being crooked long before Trump hired him. Papadopoulos is for lying to the FBI, I don't know how much of a game changer that is especially since he's now untrustworthy and his attempts to set up a meeting were not taken by Trump campaign

It seems you've changed your opinions about George Papadopoulos.

Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:29 pm
Devil's Advocate

I thought he was an intern but I may have misread when I saw he was unpaid, I edited it after. I think the term would be volunteer instead of intern

From CNN

Quote:
Papadopoulos' name first was raised in connection with the Trump campaign when Trump listed as one of his foreign policy advisers during a Washington Post editorial board interview.

A former Trump campaign official said Papadopoulos interacted with the campaign "a significant amount" during the 2016 election cycle.

"He was a foreign policy adviser," the official said. But the official described Papadopoulos as an adviser who was in contact with the campaign staff via email and not a familiar face around Trump Tower.

This official said Papadopoulos exchanged emails "constantly" on foreign policy matters with the Trump team during the campaign. Still, this official placed Papadopoulos in the same category as Carter Page who felt more like a "hanger-on" to the campaign staff.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/30/politics/ ... index.html

So I don't think he's in Trump's inner circle or anything

Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:59 pm
Extraordinary

I think he was more than a volunteer. They don't have volunteers working at the White House. They are all getting paid somehow even if it is a corrupt way. We really have no idea what this guy knows. It is possible he has info on someone else (Mansford, Flynn, Sessions, or who knows). I think it is a big deal and things are just getting started with the investigation. We have a ways to go.

Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:28 pm
Profile WWW
Defeats all expectations

There is a thing called karma...

Quote:
Danica Roem, the first openly trans person elected to office in Virginia, beat the Republican author of a trans bathroom bill.

Quote:
A N.J. Republican mocked the Women's March online.

32-year old Democrat Ashley Bennett was angered by the remark, challenged him in his re-election bid.

She won.

Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:55 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Well, if Roy Moore doesn't stand aside, Democrats are likely to earn an easy Senate seat victory in Alabama next year. GOP candidate Roy Moore has been accused of sexual assault against a 14-year old girl according to the Washington Post. :/

The alt. right response: "sometimes these things just happen".

Or Alabama's actual State Auditor: "Take Joseph and Mary. Mary was a teenager and Joseph was an adult carpenter. They became parents of Jesus.”

Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:36 pm
Profile WWW

Nah, Moore will win. Those who vote GOP will no matter the candidate.

Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:48 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

He was already a controversial nominee who is either trailing or even in the polls... in Alabama. I know Trump was elected, but sensible Republicans will probably draw the line on Moore if the accusation is true (or can't be proven otherwise).

Anyway, just now:

Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:40 pm
Profile WWW
Superman: The Movie

Because it wasn’t mandatory before? :grrr:

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:34 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 91  Next