Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 There's nothing worse than... 
Hold the door!

Post There's nothing worse than...
Having one of the deepest desires of your heart come true in a dream and then waking up and realizing it was just a dream.

I dreamed that this girl Carlie I'm sort of in love with and me were in love and passionately made out. I was legitimately upset this morning when I realized it was fake.

Last edited by zwackerm on Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:54 pm
Devil's Advocate

Post Re: There's nothing worse than...
I never have that "dream that feels real" feeling. Although I rarely dream anyways

Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:54 pm
Indiana Jones IV

I have dreams that feel real all the time, though nothing like what Zwackerm described. A lot of the time it involves high school and me not being prepared for anything (not knowing my schedule, not having studied for tests, not having any of my textbooks) which is really close to what things were like for me in school, except that outside of my dreams I never cared that much.

Then there's the occasional dream that's just really great (I especially like the ones where I've got superpowers), and when I wake up I just want to go back there, which bums me out a bit because I know it'll never happen. It's definitely not the worst thing that's happened, though, and Zwackerm saying there's nothing worse is either a massive hyperbole or he's been sheltered and/or lucky enough that nothing truly awful has ever happened to him.

Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:28 pm
Extraordinary

I usually don't remember my dreams. I did wake up one time crying really hard but I didn't even remember what happened.

Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:47 am
Hold the door!

the lesser evil wrote:
I have dreams that feel real all the time, though nothing like what Zwackerm described. A lot of the time it involves high school and me not being prepared for anything (not knowing my schedule, not having studied for tests, not having any of my textbooks) which is really close to what things were like for me in school, except that outside of my dreams I never cared that much.

Then there's the occasional dream that's just really great (I especially like the ones where I've got superpowers), and when I wake up I just want to go back there, which bums me out a bit because I know it'll never happen. It's definitely not the worst thing that's happened, though, and Zwackerm saying there's nothing worse is either a massive hyperbole or he's been sheltered and/or lucky enough that nothing truly awful has ever happened to him.

Of course it's hyperbolic. Doesn't change the fact it sucked hard balls.

Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:45 am
now we know

Nothing worse? Jeez.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:27 am
Profile WWW
The Original

zwackerm wrote:
Having one of the deepest desires of your heart come true in a dream and then waking up and realizing it was just a dream.

I dreamed that this girl I'm sort of in love with and me were in love and passionately made out. I was legitimately upset this morning when I realized it was fake.

So you did dream of some zwicki-ficki stuff?

Nothing wrong with that. I guess most males in your age have been there. Take it easy!

Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:36 pm
Hold the door!

FILMO wrote:
zwackerm wrote:

I dreamed that this girl I'm sort of in love with and me were in love and passionately made out. I was legitimately upset this morning when I realized it was fake.

So you did dream of some zwicki-ficki stuff?

Nothing wrong with that. I guess most males in your age have been there. Take it easy!

No we did not have sex in the dream. Though I definitely wish we had. Or maybe that would have been even worse to wake up from.

Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:09 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

Coincidence that this thread was made mere days after zwackerm's sexuality was questioned?

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:52 pm
The Original

zwackerm wrote:

What I actually wanted to say. If she is not with her friends ask her for a date. DO IT!

Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:00 pm
You must have big rats

There are plenty of things that are much worse, but this sucks too. I speak from experience as well.

Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:52 pm
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

FILMO wrote:
zwackerm wrote:

What I actually wanted to say. If she is not with her friends ask her for a date. DO IT!

That's the thing. I recently saw her (she is a senior in high school) and I'm pretty sure she might be interested too. I'm pretty sure her best friend Andromeda told her I liked her and she started flirting with me, going out of her way to talk to me and twirling her hair. The last time I saw Carlie, we would usually hug, but after she hugged everyone else, she jokingly offered me a handshake instead, and then we hugged.

I've been dying to see her, but we never really hung out outside of school/rehearsal and despite the fact that I have her number, I never really thought to text her and I feel it would be really weird to just text her out of the blue. She would probably think I had a motive.

And of course as I'm in college I've met other girls who are closer in proximity to me and would probably be more practical to ask out. But they are not Carlie and I don't think I can ever be satisfied till I know how she feels. But I have no idea what the best way to find out would be other than to wait until our group gets together again and test the waters there.

And yes, I'm a total fucking coward!

Last edited by zwackerm on Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:11 pm
You must have big rats

How about you just do something together with her, like going for a coffee or to the movies? Meeting in a group is not the best way to test waters.

"She would probably think I had a motive." Yes, she might and she would be right, no? And maybe she wants you to have a motive. Do it.

Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:24 pm
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

Dr. Lecter wrote:
How about you just do something together with her, like going for a coffee or to the movies? Meeting in a group is not the best way to test waters.

"She would probably think I had a motive." Yes, she might and she would be right, no? And maybe she wants you to have a motive. Do it.

I'll think about it. I have two weeks to figure it out before I go back.

Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:30 pm
Keeping it Light

Sound pretty good zwackerm.
Nothing wrong with sending a text and asking her out one-on-one as Lecter also suggests.

Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:23 pm
On autopilot for the summer

There's nothing worse than...

Needing to go to the bathroom and all the stalls are occupied. I'll take make out dreams over that any day. Someone fucking up at the drive-thru too. That might be one of the most infuriating things for me.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:32 am
Hold the door!

I've decided to use Andromeda to find out if she really likes me or not.

Last edited by zwackerm on Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:12 pm
You must have big rats

.....what?

Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:13 pm
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Pundit

lol that's not a hip term anymore, zwack.

(designated ugly fat friend)

zwackerm is ugly/fat shaming someone. Which is not shocking because he's a republican.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:15 pm
Hold the door!

Well Andromeda is overweight but she is not ugly. And DUFF stands for that, but it really just means the least threatening, most approachable person in a group of friends. They could be fine looking.

Last edited by zwackerm on Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:18 pm
Hold the door!

Well she is overweight but she is not ugly. And DUFF stands for that, but it really just means the least threatening, most approachable person in a group of friends. They could be fine looking.

Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:19 pm
You must have big rats

That's not what I meant. I know what it stands for. I wonder how you are "using" her to find out what you want to know.

Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:31 pm
Profile WWW
The Original

NO FUCKING NO!

Do nothing that involves friends of her or best gf shit like that. TOO MUCH POTENTIAL GOOSIP AND SHIT. Imagine the DUFF transfers the message wrong or does trash talk you....or your desired girl thinks you are flirting with the DUFF (what the fuck does that word mean anyway?).

Be a man and go for the woman you want directly!
Approach her when she is alone. Just dont do it in a creepy way and because she seems already
a bit into you there is a chance things will go well!

Listen to Dr. Lecters advice. That will be cool enough. But approach her alone!

Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:36 pm
Devil's Advocate

FILMO wrote:
NO FUCKING NO!

Do nothing that involves friends of her or best gf shit like that. TOO MUCH POTENTIAL GOOSIP AND SHIT. Imagine the DUFF transfers the message wrong or does trash talk you....or your desired girl thinks you are flirting with the DUFF (what the fuck does that word mean anyway?).

Be a man and go for the woman you want directly!
Approach her when she is alone. Just dont do it in a creepy way and because she seems already
a bit into you there is a chance things will go well!

Listen to Dr. Lecters advice. That will be cool enough. But approach her alone!

Yes, this is also a reason not to ask her out over Facebook or text since there's too good a chance she shows it to her friends before answering you. Also using online messages as a way of cowardice goes both ways, it's easier for you to send it, but it's also easier for her to use it to either say no or chicken out even if she likes you

Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:42 pm
Hold the door!

Well, I talked to Andromeda and we're actually going to arrange a get together after all.

Plus, I'm better friends with Andromeda so it's not weird for me to correspond or hang out with her. Carlie won't think it's anything out of the ordinary.

Last edited by zwackerm on Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 109 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next