Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Tomi Lahren 
Hold the door!

Post Tomi Lahren
Do you hate this girl? I don't. Is it just because she's a very vocal Republican and Trump supporter? Because I watch her bits and nothing she says seems wrong. It just seems like stuff people don't want to hear or admit, and they resort to name calling because they can't refute her. She may be young, but she has a degree in political science from the University of Nevada. And people say that since she is "white, attractive and privileged" she has no right to have opinions on political matters.

I also hate the "privilege" label in general. Which basically says if you are white, male or heterosexual, you don't deserve to have opinions because you can't understand the struggles minorities have gone through.

Last edited by zwackerm on Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:23 am
Devil's Advocate

Post Re: Toni Lahren
She's pretty annoying. But it bothers me more that liberals are so ready to pounce on someone on the other side that when Trevor Noah gives substance-less answers back to her like like "Colorblind? Do you not see traffic lights?" they're like

Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:39 am
Hold the door!

Post Re: Tomi Lahren
I think she's a bit aggressive and full of herself and while her KKK comment was extreme and easily falsifiable, Noah's "certain people are not the same as a movement" rebuttal is hypocritical and probably the weakest of a huge amount of actually valid arguments he could have used. That's the same argument the Trump supporters make, but the hardcore Democrats insist that you support the racism if you voted Trump.

Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:53 am
Keeping it Light

Post Re: Toni Lahren
Shack wrote:
"Colorblind? Do you not see traffic lights?"

I thought that was a terrible joke. And Trevor is mostly good, but he doesn't always make the best out of the material.

As for Tomi, I'm completely opposite to her beliefs, but she's free to have as many of them as she likes. And btw, would bang.

Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:00 am
now we know

Why would she even go on such a pro-liberal, PC piece of shit show as Trevor Noah's? He wasn't interviewing her. He was flat-out arguing against her. A lot of what she said was correct, and the liberals know that, so the only response they have is to say "You're racist", and then make lots of jokes about her directed at her being racist. It is pathetic. They're cry-babies the lot of them.

I love Tomi Lahren. I think she is very brave and very knowledgeable.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:31 am
Profile WWW

She has strong immature opinions that are really lacking in critical thinking

Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:55 am
now we know

I disagree. They just don't align with your liberal agenda so you claim immaturity. Her opinions make complete sense but they're trashing ideas that you support, and you have nothing to argue against her with so you claim immaturity. You're like Trevor Noah in that regard. He basically just wanted to keep insisting that she's a racist by differently phrasing the same question throughout the entire interview in order to evoke a racist response, but she is too clever for his idiotic traps.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:21 am
Profile WWW

Algren wrote:
I disagree. They just don't align with your liberal agenda so you claim immaturity. Her opinions make complete sense but they're trashing ideas that you support, and you have nothing to argue against her with so you claim immaturity. You're like Trevor Noah in that regard. He basically just wanted to keep insisting that she's a racist by differently phrasing the same question throughout the entire interview in order to evoke a racist response, but she is too clever for his idiotic traps.

Algren! I am disappointed in you. I have not even stated anything beyond finding her immature and lacking in critical thinking and you are already assuming my talking points. I also don't like Trevor Noah for similar reasons.

Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:34 am
now we know

I wasn't really aiming it at you. You just happened to be the one to post the comment. We cool. We cool. ;)

But there is a lot of people that assume people are immature or just plain dumb if they come out with controversial comments. They generalize and pick fault on semantics, but the controversy maker has already considered these things and has disregarded them because of triviality, at least in Tomi's case, I believe.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:45 am
Profile WWW

One of the only political pundits I like is a local guy here in Orlando known as Jim Phillips. He is liberal, but also supports gun rights, defended George Zimmerman and predicted Trump''s win back in the primaries.

Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:50 am
Indiana Jones IV

zwackerm wrote:
nothing she says seems wrong.

Algren wrote:
Her opinions make complete sense

So, do you both agree that Black Lives Matter is like the Klux Klux Klan? That fracking is a good thing, and that climate change isn't real? That fossil fuel usage is essential because lol are you going to use fairy dust instead? I mean, I'm not saying she's someone who never makes a good point, but she supports a ton of Republican/conservative ideas and has ideas of her own that are just plain idiotic.

Maybe she's not racist, but making ignorant comments concerning racial matters doesn't really help her cause. I don't like what I've seen of her (including her Twitter, which is Tomi without any sort of media filtering her), but I guess that's just my "liberal agenda".

zwackerm wrote:
I also hate the "privilege" label in general. Which basically says if you are white, male or heterosexual, you don't deserve to have opinions because you can't understand the struggles minorities have gone through.

Well, can you though? I'm not saying you shouldn't have opinions, but do you think they hold as much weight as those of people who have directly had to deal with whatever the opinion is on? A friend of mine had a good ol' rant about privilege and sexism, but when I asked him if he ever considered that being able to hold hands out in public with his loved one was something not everyone can do, he had nothing. Privilege, checked.

Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:23 am
Hold the door!

the lesser evil wrote:
zwackerm wrote:

Algren wrote:

So, do you both agree that Black Lives Matter is like the Klux Klux Klan? That fracking is a good thing, and that climate change isn't real? That fossil fuel usage is essential because lol are you going to use fairy dust instead? I mean, I'm not saying she's someone who never makes a good point, but she supports a ton of Republican/conservative ideas and has ideas of her own that are just plain idiotic.

Maybe she's not racist, but making ignorant comments concerning racial matters doesn't really help her cause. I don't like what I've seen of her (including her Twitter, which is Tomi without any sort of media filtering her), but I guess that's just my "liberal agenda".

zwackerm wrote:

Well, can you though? I'm not saying you shouldn't have opinions, but do you think they hold as much weight as those of people who have directly had to deal with whatever the opinion is on? A friend of mine had a good ol' rant about privilege and sexism, but when I asked him if he ever considered that being able to hold hands out in public with his loved one was something not everyone can do, he had nothing. Privilege, checked.

I aid she was right most of the time. The KKK thing is obviously false.

Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:32 am
Indiana Jones IV

Just that one particular thing, huh.

Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:42 am
You must have big rats

zwackerm wrote:
the lesser evil wrote:

That fracking is a good thing, and that climate change isn't real?

I aid she was right most of the time. The KKK thing is obviously false.

And the ones above are correct? Are you fucking stupid?

Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:18 pm
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

Also, I have never heard of her before this thread.

Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:18 pm
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

I didn't see the fracking or climate change videos. Obviously climate change is a thing. It's just how much time and energy we should devote to it that is the issue.

Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:57 pm
You must have big rats

Magnus wrote:
i'd fuck the shit out of her doe

I don't know, I googled some images and she looks a bit fake. I'd give her 6/10

Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:11 pm
Profile WWW
The Original

Without her looks she wouldnt have come so far at that age.

I am with Magnus here. Without her looks nobody would give a shit.

Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:13 pm
The Original

her voice and way to speak is super annoying though
:|

Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:22 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

She's a mini-Ann Coulter with a bigger audience and a platform. I think she's a dangerous person to give a platform to because she spouts talking points and nonsense that she can't defend.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:17 pm
Forum General

Algren wrote:

I wonder what her stance toward China is.

Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:33 pm
now we know

Jiffy wrote:
Algren wrote:

I wonder what her stance toward China is.

I bet it's awesome.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:50 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

the lesser evil wrote:
zwackerm wrote:

Algren wrote:

I saw one video of her (her interview with Trevor Noah). I hadn't heard of her before this thread. A lot of what she said made sense. And regarding all of your points, she only touched on the #BlackLivesMatter thing during that interview, and she didn't say #BLM is a 100% black version of the KKK. She is just trying to highlight similarities to it, and she's correct, though obviously it's not to the same degree. But I didn't think that needed to be stated every time the topic is brought up - surely both sides know that it's not the same. But, of course, Trevor Noah, never a guy to miss an opportunity, tries to paint her as a stone cold racist at each turn.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:56 pm
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

I was lying. I love her. I think I've watched 30 of her final thoughts in the last 24 hours.

Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:27 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

Of course you did.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 74 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next