Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 214 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Second Year of University! 
Hold the door!

Post Second Year of University!
I move into the dormitory on Friday! Any tips for how to be successful in school academically and socially? Besides study?

Last edited by zwackerm on Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:07 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

Post Re: Starting at University!
Drink as much as possible. Like, get near death drunk. As much as possible.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:07 pm
You must have big rats

To socialize well, it is recommended to have drunk bareback sex with your roommate, zwackerm. Get on to it.

Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:32 pm
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Pundit

As someone who didn't fare well in college, I don't have great advice, other than to try not to cut classes. Become social by just doing things that sound interesting around campus. Or just study all day errrr day.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:35 pm
now we know

Don't get too social. It really takes away from your studies. Remember, you're there to get a degree, not party. You have the rest of you life to get wasted.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:56 pm
Profile WWW
Romosexual!

Algren wrote:
Don't get too social. It really takes away from your studies. Remember, you're there to get a degree & incur a lot of debts, not party. You have the rest of you life to get wasted.

What he said

Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:18 pm
Devil's Advocate

Don't have a TV in your room. One of the best ways to spend time with other people is to watch it in the dorm common area

When it comes to romantic interest in girls on your floor who you have to live with the rest of the year, tread 10x more carefully than with other girls who you can just never see again if it doesn't work out. I would say if you get involved romantically with anyone on your floor, make sure it's someone you would date or else the drama it could create when you reject that girl, or how being linked to her makes you off bounds to the girl you like more on your floor, isn't worth it. Also never send private messages to girls on facebook and if anybody ever unfriends you just take that L and move on

Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:25 pm
now we know

Chippy wrote:
As someone who didn't fare well in college

Not a surprise.

Chippy wrote:
I don't have great advice

:yes:

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:21 pm
Profile WWW
Keeping it Light

Academically: simply study for it, don't let assignments wait till the last minute.

Socially: join in after-class events, be it a soccer match, having a drink in a bar, seeing a film etc.

Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:20 pm
Hold the door!

Shack wrote:
Don't have a TV in your room. One of the best ways to spend time with other people is to watch it in the dorm common area

When it comes to romantic interest in girls on your floor who you have to live with the rest of the year, tread 10x more carefully than with other girls who you can just never see again if it doesn't work out. I would say if you get involved romantically with anyone on your floor, make sure it's someone you would date or else the drama it could create when you reject that girl, or how being linked to her makes you off bounds to the girl you like more on your floor, isn't worth it. Also never send private messages to girls on facebook and if anybody ever unfriends you just take that L and move on

Already bought one, but I certainly won't let it get in the way of social interaction.

I'm definitely not into "hooking up" so anyone I see I would be interested in dating.

Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:03 am
Sbil

zwackerm wrote:
I move into the dormitory on Friday! Any tips for how to be successful in school academically and socially? Besides study?

Understand that if you haven't found your best friend by the end of, like, the first weekend...it's okay. It takes time.

I found the best way to make a bunch of friends quickly was to go through rush and pledge a sorority.

How big of a school are you going to?

Re: Work and studying...don't procrastinate. I worked really hard in college and ended up graduating with almost a 4.0. A lot of this was simply because I did all of my reading and worked on my papers as soon as I was done with class for the day, rather than waiting until 2:00 AM to start it.

Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:14 am
now we know

If you're interested in your subject, then studying and doing papers will not be an issue. If you're not interested in your subject, then that's the first step to a life that will constantly deliver you problems.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:34 am
Profile WWW
Gamaur's sex slave

Avoid sorority girls:

A dusty ass female who decides to join a group of dumb cunts whom she calls "sisters" when she starts college. This girl is usually unable to find friends and be social by nature, so she must be surrounded by other slut bags like herself to build up confidence and be noticed in the college community. She pays in excess of several hundred dollars to just be part of this group of like minded bitches. On a warmer day, she may wear extra short jean shorts, with her ass sticking out the bottom of course, accompanied by a shirt showing off the letters of the cunt club she's part of. On a night out she will prep by taking many shots with the bitches surrounding her until they cannot stand, this comes into effect approximately 3-4 shots of liquor in. Her low alcohol tolerance is due to the fact that she feeds her body with only water and carrots or celery to maintain an anorexic body type because she believes she is fat. The intelligence level of this girl is the equivalent of a newborn puppy suffering from the most serious cases of Down syndrome. When talking her, she will talk only of material things and get easily distracted by the most minute things, mid conversation. When told a joke or sentence that requires some thought process, the sorority girl will initiate a reaction that the people around her are doing to hide the fact that she did not get what was said.

Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:40 am
Hold the door!

Libs wrote:
zwackerm wrote:

Understand that if you haven't found your best friend by the end of, like, the first weekend...it's okay. It takes time.

I found the best way to make a bunch of friends quickly was to go through rush and pledge a sorority.

How big of a school are you going to?

There are 3,000 members in the Freshman Facebook group.

Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:44 am
KJ's Leading Pundit

Don't listen to anything that piece of shit Price says.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:07 am
Sbil

Price wrote:
Avoid sorority girls:

A dusty ass female who decides to join a group of dumb cunts whom she calls "sisters" when she starts college. This girl is usually unable to find friends and be social by nature, so she must be surrounded by other slut bags like herself to build up confidence and be noticed in the college community. She pays in excess of several hundred dollars to just be part of this group of like minded bitches. On a warmer day, she may wear extra short jean shorts, with her ass sticking out the bottom of course, accompanied by a shirt showing off the letters of the cunt club she's part of. On a night out she will prep by taking many shots with the bitches surrounding her until they cannot stand, this comes into effect approximately 3-4 shots of liquor in. Her low alcohol tolerance is due to the fact that she feeds her body with only water and carrots or celery to maintain an anorexic body type because she believes she is fat. The intelligence level of this girl is the equivalent of a newborn puppy suffering from the most serious cases of Down syndrome. When talking her, she will talk only of material things and get easily distracted by the most minute things, mid conversation. When told a joke or sentence that requires some thought process, the sorority girl will initiate a reaction that the people around her are doing to hide the fact that she did not get what was said.

This is gross.

Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:18 pm
Gamaur's sex slave

Chippy wrote:
Don't listen to anything that piece of shit Price says.

Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:36 pm
On autopilot for the summer

No real good advice. Everyone's experience is different. I think the easiest thing to do is be open to new things. I know you like theater, that was a great in for me. Sports too. Being yourself, and even just being nice to people goes a long way.

Also if your eating alone in the cafeteria. Never be afraid to join a table.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:42 pm
now we know

Price wrote:
Avoid sorority girls:

Did a sorority girl break your heart in college? ;)

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:18 pm
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

I get to review Silver Linings Playbook, Fruitvale Station and more for my Writing course! :wub2: :wub2: :wub2:

Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:04 pm
Romosexual!

How's your roomate?

Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:42 pm
Hold the door!

Rev wrote:
How's your roomate?

He seems homesick. His friend from home (who is actually his best friend's girlfriend) has been visiting and spending the day with him and he seems to go solo otherwise. He declined the chance to meet my friends tonight when he told me he was alone.

Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:03 pm
Romosexual!

Do y'all have anything in common?

Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:08 pm
now we know

Rev, are you from the deep south?

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:11 pm
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

Rev wrote:
Do y'all have anything in common?

Well he likes ping pong, that's all he's told me. He spends the whole day besides class reading. I like books too, but he sort of doesn't seem like someone I want to be best friends with anyway. I do want to forge a trusting relationship, we've talked about home and stuff, he seems a bit distant.

Personally I think he's homesick and lovesick and in love with the girl who visits him

Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 214 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next