Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Chadwick Boseman dies of cancer 
Devil's Advocate

Post Chadwick Boseman dies of cancer
Thought this deserved its own thread. Holy shit.

Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:16 pm
Defeats all expectations

Post Re: Chadwick Boseman dies of cancer
Rest in peace.

He had been keeping his illness from the public and promoting his movies and championing racial justice during this. All respect.

Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:20 pm
The Kramer

WTF :noway:

Just horrible. Even in 2020 this seems impossible.

Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:36 pm
Superfreak

:whaa:

Terrible and AMAZING to think he was diagnosed in 2016 and still put out the work he did. So very sad. We know why Disney dragged their feet for so long in getting BP 2 out. BP and TDK had the 2 largest pop culture impacts of the 2000s and both film stars died before getting their proper sequel. So terrible.

RIP

Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:37 pm
Extraordinary

I knew he must have been sick after i saw his last pic, still shocking.

RIP

Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:40 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Wow this is a big shock. RIP. Will Disney now recast?

Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:43 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

Some people noticed his weight loss a few months ago, it was written off at the time as being for a movie

Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:46 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

I had no idea he had cancer. Very sad.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:48 pm
Profile WWW
Superfreak

Pretty damn amazing the secret wasn't leaked by those in the industry who obviously would have known.

Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:52 pm
Extraordinary

I am shocked it wasn't leaked as well. They did an amazing job keeping it quiet.

Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:53 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

How the fuck did he stay in shape for those movies??? The physical and mental pain he must have gone through.... Fuck.

Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:58 pm
The Kramer

Ten days ago a genie offers you the chance to switch lives with any one person in the world. I feel like Boseman would be near the top of the list for most people on Earth. Yet for his entire run as an A-lister, he knew how little time he had left. How does something like this even happen? We’d call it unrealistic bullshit if this exact story had been part of last year’s crop of oscar bait.

Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:04 pm
Top Poster

RIP, such a shocking death, he would’ve had such a long, great career ahead of him.

Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:34 pm
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Idiot

At first when I read it I thought this was another BOT thread but then I saw it was created by Shack. What the hell? That is a very hard kept secret. How did me manage to keep it a secret while doing those films?

RIP. It would have been difficult few years for him.

Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:42 am
Dont Mess with the Gez

Very very sad and incredibly shocking. A true star. May he RIP.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:14 am
Devil's Advocate

I read it suggested T'Challa's sister becomes the new Black Panther. It would fit what they're doing with Captain Marvel and Black Widow.

Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:16 am
Indiana Jones IV

Fuck cancer. It's the absolute worst. Nothing but respect for how he managed to carry on during this time. Having watched my mum go through cancer treatment, I know from personal experience how brutal it is, so the fact that he kept working and no one in the media was any wiser is nothing short of miraculous.

Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:47 am
What a surprising and unfortunate turn of events :huh:

Shack wrote:
I read it suggested T'Challa's sister becomes the new Black Panther. It would fit what they're doing with Captain Marvel and Black Widow.

I think making his sister Black Panther is kind of lame--they should break away from royal family stuff and have Okoye or Nakia become the new lead.

Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:47 am
llegó a la casa vía marítima

Rest in Peace. Life can be so cruel and unfair.

What's shocking to me is that he was doing all the Marvel movies while he was already diagnosed. How does that work? Disney is a greedy company and I can't imagine they would let someone with cancer sign on to a Marvel franchise, especially in such a key role. Did he hide it from them when he was cast and then they legally couldn't replace him at that point? More power to him if so. But I'm curious about how that would work behind the scenes.... this certainly explains the unsually large gap between BP and BP2's scheduled release date. They were most likely waiting to see if he could beat it. Also something else that's curious, and I don't mean to be insensitive as I have multiple cancer survivors in my family...how did he lose so much weight while not being on chemo? (I assume no chemo because he had a full beard) Also how did he die from it while not being on chemo?? Was it impossible to treat? How awful. Don't mean to be insensitive, this is just a subject that's very close to home and I'm naturally inquisitive.

Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:44 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

I have the very same questions Barrabas but given that this was a secret I don't see many details anywhere though hopefully more information will surface in the coming days.

Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:27 am
Devil's Advocate

Barrabás wrote:
Rest in Peace. Life can be so cruel and unfair.

What's shocking to me is that he was doing all the Marvel movies while he was already diagnosed. How does that work? Disney is a greedy company and I can't imagine they would let someone with cancer sign on to a Marvel franchise, especially in such a key role. Did he hide it from them when he was cast and then they legally couldn't replace him at that point? .

He was diagnosed in 2016. It was being in Civil War already that probably saved his role.

Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:00 am
On autopilot for the summer

Also Remember Black Panther finished filming in April 2017. And thinking back on it, he really didn't do anything in Infinity War and Endgame (He had like a total of 12 lines total in both films, and his two action bits would have been CGI'd once the mask goes on, I had always found it weird his character didn't get a next movie tease at the end (he only stands quietly at Tony's funeral)

I guess they really got away with it for a few reasons:
It must have took a really bad turn in the 2nd half of 2019 and he filmed everything way before that
Black Panther had just come out so his role was always more reduced in IW saga.
Black Panther is a very noble, soft spoken character so it's not like he would sound weaker and wasn't shirtless since either.

Biggest shock of all time. Not old, no drugs, no accident, coming off the biggest non sequel ever made. And seemed to be just a great guy. There is no comparison, and I'm glad he only has two smaller films coming out, but everything was wrapped already.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:08 am
Extraordinary

Thegun wrote:
Also Remember Black Panther finished filming in April 2017. And thinking back on it, he really didn't do anything in Infinity War and Endgame (He had like a total of 12 lines total in both films, and his two action bits would have been CGI'd once the mask goes on, I had always found it weird his character didn't get a next movie tease at the end (he only stands quietly at Tony's funeral)

I guess they really got away with it for a few reasons:
It must have took a really bad turn in the 2nd half of 2019 and he filmed everything way before that
Black Panther had just come out so his role was always more reduced in IW saga.
Black Panther is a very noble, soft spoken character so it's not like he would sound weaker and wasn't shirtless since either.

Biggest shock of all time. Not old, no drugs, no accident, coming off the biggest non sequel ever made. And seemed to be just a great guy. There is no comparison, and I'm glad he only has two smaller films coming out, but everything was wrapped already.

The only recent example I can think of is Alan Rickman. He kept his cancer a secret as well, but he was much older, although it still shocked and saddened many people. There are other examples like George Harrison. Bob Marley died from cancer young, but I am not sure if it was a secret he had cancer.

Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:04 pm
Profile WWW
llegó a la casa vía marítima

Apparently people saw him very thin a few months ago in an Instagram live chat but chalked it up to losing weight for a role.

But he had a full beard and hair so no chemo. How does that work? Was he declared terminal and they just had him on morphine?

Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:13 pm
On autopilot for the summer

It's pointless to really speculate at this time.

I mean the horror stories about covid and pancreatic and colon cancer complications are really not a fun read. Those are the types of cancers when everything in the world is fine and you can just be doing well on everything and then boom "weeks to live"

With the industry and most of the world shut down, it's not exactly easy to say someone has been out of the limelight for months. Kelly Preston was similarly shocking as well (obviously much smaller scale but she was still a big shock)

Just imagine how bad the tabloid coverage would have been had it been known before hand. Hopefully he found some sort of peace.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next