Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Diet and Exercise Thread 
You must have big rats

Post Re: Diet and Exercise Thread
I finally hit the gym this year and changed my diet. Lost 31 lbs (14 kilo) over three months. Feels good.

Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:42 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Dr. Lecter wrote:
I finally hit the gym this year and changed my diet. Lost 31 lbs (14 kilo) over three months. Feels good.

Bravo!

What motivated you to stick with it/ got you started/ what did you change about your diet that worked for you?

45TH PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A. DONALD J. TRUMP
#MAGA #KAG!
10,000 post achieved on - Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 pm

Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:35 pm
On autopilot for the summer

Chippy wrote:
I hardly run anymore. Actually, I haven't run for a reason in over a year.

Still healthier than all y'all though.

What's the reason? Did you get injured? Or are you talking about your digital fiancé, instaPam?

For those of you that hate running, you should try jumping rope. That is easily the healthiest and best form of cardio. They say if you can jump rope for 20 mins, it's the equivalent of running 20 miles. First time you try though be ready to be in terrible pain.

Congrats Dr.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:43 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

Mainly because I wasn't single anymore, so my free time kind of just went *poof*.

I still walk my dogs, but I may start running with them on Wed/Thur when I get home early from work.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:41 pm
Da Bears

Getting engaged inspired me to finally get serious about getting myself back in shape. Have to look decent in a dress you know. Since January 4th I've lost 9.5 pounds. I think I only have about 7 to go. My fiance started his diet about a week after I did and of course with less effort than me hes already lost about 12 pounds. Stupid men and their natural ability to lose weight easier. Anyway, the biggest thing that has helped us both is the my fitness pal app. It really makes us pay attention to exactly how many calories we are eating and I even find it kind of fun to track my food and exercise on it. Before I downloaded it I had lost only about 3.5 pounds. I will have been using the app for 2 weeks as of tomorrow. So Im definitely having better results using it. Cant wait to reach my goal so I can get accurate measurements for my wedding dress.

Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:51 pm
Profile YIM
Sbil

Anyone else do CrossFit? I started doing it a couple of months ago and I LOVE how much it kicks my ass. It's really intense and I love trying to meet athletic challenges.

Also, American Ninja Warrior is on NBC right now and for anyone who is into fitness you should watch it this season! It's so much fun and inspiring to see these people go crazy through these crazy athletic obstacles.

Mon May 25, 2015 8:35 pm
now we know

People like me laugh at you CrossFit people.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Mon May 25, 2015 8:43 pm
Profile WWW
Sbil

Algren wrote:

What exactly is your fitness routine then?

Mon May 25, 2015 8:46 pm
now we know

Libs wrote:
Algren wrote:

What exactly is your fitness routine then?

As Cary Grant said, I take the stairs. ;)

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Mon May 25, 2015 8:59 pm
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

Is it okay for a thin person to diet to ensure they stay thin?

Mon May 25, 2015 10:57 pm
now we know

Of course.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Tue May 26, 2015 12:55 am
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Pundit

CrossFit is a crock of shit. And people that aren't well versed already in many workouts should not do it.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Tue May 26, 2015 10:23 am
Sbil

Yeah, there's a lot of divide on the CrossFit front. I only plan on doing it for a few more months (my goal was 6, I've done 3 so far). Really just wanted to try it and see what all the fuss was about. I've really enjoyed how hard it is but I don't see it becoming something I need to do forever.

At the end of the summer, I'll probably go back to my regular gym routine (5x/week with 2 days of boot camp classes, running every day).

Tue May 26, 2015 10:45 am
Da Bears

Oh man, American Ninja Warrior is back? Ive been waiting for that and I totally forgot to see when it started this season.

Also, since I started my diet in January Ive gone from 136 pounds to 115 currently. Now if I could only get my arms in shape. All the weight I lost came off of everywhere except my arms. My dad says its because I have Polish arms and Im just built like that. My fiance has now lost 46 pounds since January. We've both had some times where we have gotten stuck at the same weight for a while. Its difficult to find healthy food options sometimes when you travel 99% of the time and dont get to cook your own food. Luckily where we currently are in Minnesota there is a Hyvee grocery store right by our hotel that has an unlimited soup and salad bar for $7 that also has tons of fresh fruit. That has helped tremendously.

Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:56 pm
Profile YIM
KJ's Leading Pundit

Nice! Congrats!

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:04 pm
Da Bears

Thanks.

Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:19 pm
Profile YIM
Hold the door!

So I’ve started my “healthy diet” where I’m only eating fruits, vegetables, and lean meats, and a few complex carbs and unsaturated fats. Is ham a lean meat? I heard it was as long as you don’t care about sodium.

Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:34 pm
Dont Mess with the Gez

Ham in moderation is ok. But better stick to chicken, fish etc. Pork is lean.

Personally - if you cut down on carbs but eat more fatty meat - you'll still be ahead.

Watch the fruit though - natural sugar is still sugar - so it depends on the type of fruit you eat.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:32 pm
You must have big rats

Lost 24 lbs (11 kg) since September, 8 lbs (3.5 kg) left until my final goal. Reduced my calories intake on five days a week by 1,000, while I ate normally on the remaining two days (which always varied). Made sure that despite the reduced calories intake, I still got all the vitamins I needed, so ate a lot of fruits, salads, soups. No sweets. Additionally doing some exercise once or twice a week. Once I reach my weight goal (which is a bit below my ideal weight actually), I will start building up a few pounds again, muscle only. A month ago, I managed my first multiple pull ups in about a decade or so. Good sign.

Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:55 pm
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

MadGez wrote:
Ham in moderation is ok. But better stick to chicken, fish etc. Pork is lean.

Personally - if you cut down on carbs but eat more fatty meat - you'll still be ahead.

Watch the fruit though - natural sugar is still sugar - so it depends on the type of fruit you eat.

I just eat a bowl of fruit at lunch and dinner. Usually unsweetened applesauce

Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:06 pm
New Server, Same X

Dr. Lecter wrote:
Lost 24 lbs (11 kg) since September, 8 lbs (3.5 kg) left until my final goal. Reduced my calories intake on five days a week by 1,000, while I ate normally on the remaining two days (which always varied). Made sure that despite the reduced calories intake, I still got all the vitamins I needed, so ate a lot of fruits, salads, soups. No sweets. Additionally doing some exercise once or twice a week. Once I reach my weight goal (which is a bit below my ideal weight actually), I will start building up a few pounds again, muscle only. A month ago, I managed my first multiple pull ups in about a decade or so. Good sign.

Way to go man! Making that kind of life change is so damn rewarding. I made the decision to start three years ago and I feel so much better and healthier. I'm up to 4-5 days a week of exercise. I still allow myself a day a week to have what I want, but after a while, I didn't want as much junk as I thought I would. You start to realize how shitty you feel with it.

Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:06 am
You must have big rats

Mister Ecks wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:

Way to go man! Making that kind of life change is so damn rewarding. I made the decision to start three years ago and I feel so much better and healthier. I'm up to 4-5 days a week of exercise. I still allow myself a day a week to have what I want, but after a while, I didn't want as much junk as I thought I would. You start to realize how shitty you feel with it.

It is true that once you stop eating/drinking certain things for a while, you will start missing them less. That was the idea and it is mostly working. However, I have a plan in place for how to proceed once I reach my weight goal. At the moment, I am eating about 6,000 calories a week less than I should to maintain my weight. I will build up my calories intake over a period of three months, slowly increasing it week by week for the body to accomodate without gaining weight. Once I am done with that, I will increase my exercise, to build up muscle.

The thing is that while my plan is working out as far as being healthy and thin is concerned, I really, really miss cooking. What my current constraints, there is a limited number of what I can cook and especially how elaborate it can be. I often cook with cream, different cheeses, meats...right now that style of cooking is greatly reduced and my dishes are fairly quick. I like spending a couple of hours in the kitchen cooking, though. I miss that. Not so much the food, but the process itself. So that definitely has to come back.

But, having lost 46 lbs (21 kg) in total since the summer of 2014...I definitely cannot complain. Over three and a half years I went from my heaviest to my thinnest since I was 19. Originally I wanted to reach my current goal back in 2015...but that happened to be when I discovered more complex cooking for myself, hehe. So I stopped the progress about midway and gained a few pounds since then. In September I decided to finally finish the original plan and this time, it is happening.

Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:51 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4