Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Worst trends in recent history 
Wall-E

Post Re: Worst trends in recent history
Quote:
Reality Shows (Really there was a time MTV actually showed music videos and not wannabe gangstas with their pussy problems)

Yeah, when I finally got 'my MTV' all I saw were these reality show bikini teen chicks jumping in to a toy swimming pool full of spaghetti. And the drama of a Gay teen with HIV, but with no music.
I did empathize with his plight though. Not so much with the chicks jumping in to the pool of spaghetti. It was just an excuse to spread their legs for the camera while covered in spaghetti.

Now at that time, to my understanding, the music videos were still available on Time Warner Cable, but as 'a Premium Channel' for extra $$. Is this still available?

When HDTV took to the airwaves in 2009, there was a subchannel carrying "Bohemia Visual Music" (music videos) and it was possibly the best channel on the air, but parent station KDOC Ch. 56 took issue with BVM after they ran a death metal video containing a collage which included a beheading in Iraq. Not vivid. But I had already seen the original Iraq video on which it was based on The Internet.

It was on after Midnight, but conservative KDOC yanked the subchannel over it.

Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:29 pm
Profile WWW
A very honest-hearted fellow

"It is what it is."

Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:48 pm
Profile WWW
College Boy T

resident wrote:
Now I'm going to step into it.

The antismoking movement waged against the Privacy of lawful Adult Americans who do not blow smoke in the face of Others.

Followed swiftly by the Anti-Salt in your Meats, French Fries and Soups Movement (which replaced table salt with vitamin-destroying Phosphates as 'the preservative of choice?', followed by the Anti-Sugar in your Cookie Movement, followed by the Anti-Fat in your Char-Broil Hamburger Movement, followed by the Anti-"Happy Meal" Movement, followed by the current Anti Obesity and Anti-Soda movement; being waged by many of the same busybod lawyers who waged war as 'the antismoking movement'; for Big $$,
'For the Good of Us All'.

Dryers/Eddys Ice Cream tried to be PC. They dropped the dairy fat and then rebranded their product as 'a frozen dairy dessert'. But it was no longer Ice Cream. The People caught it and Sales plummeted. Dryer's/Eddys was forced to change back to good old Ice Cream with a repackaging of the container. Sales have yet to recover while Dryer's/Eddys Ice Cream, the real deal, is currently low priced @ $3 a carton to woo back their lost customers.

Aren't the antis wonderful? Now if they would only support the products which they destroy, but they won't.

And Bailouts with the subsequent drop in depositor interest rates.

what the hell are you talking about?

as far as i'm concerned, smokers have reasonable rights. you can smoke outside pretty much anywhere except 'private property' and some public places (usually where alcohol is also banned, so...)

and the anti-fast food trend? what? i'm pretty sure nothing at mcdonalds (hell, even CPK) has under 2000mg of sodium lol

Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:38 am
now we know

trixster wrote:
Algren

I'm not a trend.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:24 am
Profile WWW
College Boy T

you don't think enough of yourself, then

Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:56 am
Wall-E

torrino wrote:
resident wrote:
Now I'm going to step into it.

The antismoking movement waged against the Privacy of lawful Adult Americans who do not blow smoke in the face of Others.

Followed swiftly by the Anti-Salt in your Meats, French Fries and Soups Movement (which replaced table salt with vitamin-destroying Phosphates as 'the preservative of choice?', followed by the Anti-Sugar in your Cookie Movement, followed by the Anti-Fat in your Char-Broil Hamburger Movement, followed by the Anti-"Happy Meal" Movement, followed by the current Anti Obesity and Anti-Soda movement; being waged by many of the same busybod lawyers who waged war as 'the antismoking movement'; for Big $$,
'For the Good of Us All'.

Dryers/Eddys Ice Cream tried to be PC. They dropped the dairy fat and then rebranded their product as 'a frozen dairy dessert'. But it was no longer Ice Cream. The People caught it and Sales plummeted. Dryer's/Eddys was forced to change back to good old Ice Cream with a repackaging of the container. Sales have yet to recover while Dryer's/Eddys Ice Cream, the real deal, is currently low priced @ $3 a carton to woo back their lost customers.

Aren't the antis wonderful? Now if they would only support the products which they destroy, but they won't.

And Bailouts with the subsequent drop in depositor interest rates.

what the hell are you talking about?

as far as i'm concerned, smokers have reasonable rights. you can smoke outside pretty much anywhere except 'private property' and some public places (usually where alcohol is also banned, so...)

and the anti-fast food trend? what? i'm pretty sure nothing at mcdonalds (hell, even CPK) has under 2000mg of sodium lol

That is, if by "reasonable Rights" you mean that you do not approve of us, but I can tell that you do not approve of us, else you would know better. This in spite of us smokers paying for "Rob's Kids".

Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:21 am
Profile WWW
now we know

Twerking
Transgender
Non-binary gender
Fidget spinners
Harambe meme

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:46 pm
Profile WWW
On autopilot for the summer

What?

Twerking is 3 years ago. Not even a thing anymore, it rightfully went back to strippers exclusively
Why is Transgender a trend (I don't think it ever became a tend)
No one uses that term. Definitely not a trend
I guess those are annoying (But kids are distracted by them and 20 minutes of silence is golden)
Never heard of Harambe (Come on it's a meme. Rick roll you might have something but a meme)

I'm not a fan that Gluten Free has become a thing. And has nothing to do with health issues. Just people are gluten free now. If you have an issue than of course. But I don't get people doing a gluten free diet for no reason.

Also hate that Nazis are kind of back in a decent proportion

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:07 am
now we know

Things are not a trend if Thejourno hasn't heard of them.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:29 am
Profile WWW

Algren wrote:

Should I change my name? Do we sell pizza?

Ah you made my day with that, you are such a fucking idiot.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:

Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:37 am

Algren wrote:

Pretty much. Part of my job is to stay current with everything culture wise. You have no clue what a trend is outside of twerking, and as said that was years ago

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:

Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:45 am
now we know

Ah, so you didn't get the implication. I wasn't sure until your second reply. But now it's clear it went straight over your head. For a comedian, you're not very bright. Probably why you never made it. But anyway, I don't have time to bicker with another Chippy...

:towel:

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:02 pm
Profile WWW

LOL, the sad thing is you thought that was a clever post. Like I need to acknowledge your paint by numbers joke to "get it." It's barely a joke.

You are so right though. I was on TV last week twice. And just won 3 awards for my producing and editing. It's not selling light bulbs, but you know, not everyone is that contempt with being complacent. I'm sorry your life sucks. It's hilarious to think you actually think you bother me.

Algren "I'm gonna add the perfect emoji, this motherfucker won't know what hit him"

Dude, you are legit losing it. Get a new character. This one is so played out. And then you bitch why there aren't more members. It's because of you, you fucking loon. I can't wait for the day you say something funny,

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:

Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:17 pm
now we know

Thegoon wrote:
I was on TV last week twice. And just won 3 awards for my producing and editing.

:rofl: :rofl:

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:44 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2