Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 4:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 What's My Line 
Extraordinary

Post What's My Line
I just stumbled upon this show while looking up Debbie Reynolds stuff on youtube and was wondering if you guys had any thoughts on the show.

I really enjoyed the mystery celebrity guest appearances, but I liked the job ones as well. I thought the panel of questioners were all very interesting and that helped make the show during the black and white tv era. It was interesting wiki'ing those cast members.

My favorite appearances were of Debbie Reynolds, Elizabeth Taylor, and Anthony Perkins. On the Perkins one they had Zsa Zsa Gabor on and she was hilarious unfortunately I didn't see her on any other episodes.

The show continued for a long time but the color episodes with a more varied panel of questioners isn't as interesting or funny. I would love to see this show re-incarnated again though, but having a very informed panel that can also be funny at times is very important and having a good yet dignified host is also a necessity.

Were it updated here are some possible panelists I could think of:

Ryan Seacrest
Billy Bush
Jess Cagle
Gayle King
Oprah
Regis
*some other entertainment reporter

Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]