Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Is Scientology dangerous? 
All Star Poster

Post Re: Is Scientology dangerous?
getluv wrote:
why are you generalising?

You have got to be kidding. You're attacking all scientologists, and now suddenly you have a problem with generalizing? Typical.

Quote:
btw, an alien just took a shit in a volcano in Hawaii. That's what $400,000 gets you.

Jesus told me to invade Iraq. That'll be $500 BILLION please.

Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:02 am
Profile WWW
i break the rules, so i don't care

Beeblebrox wrote:
getluv wrote:

You have got to be kidding. You're attacking all scientologists, and now suddenly you have a problem with generalizing? Typical.

Quote:
btw, an alien just took a shit in a volcano in Hawaii. That's what $400,000 gets you.

Jesus told me to invade Iraq. That'll be $500 BILLION please.

i'm not attacking the people in scientology. everyone is entitled to believe what they want to believe. I just think Scientology is a business and not a Church.

it also has been involved in some serious incidents, such as stealing government documents. why the fuck for? today during all these protests, they were video taping and taking photos of the protestors. What the fuck for? What do they hope to achieve when they find out that the 27 year old, is a hippie and unemployed. It's fucking strange.

President Bush also didn't know the French word to entrepreneur. Go figure.

Oh btw, Tom Cruise knows everything about psychiatry, i mean the cunt never went to college or anything, but somehow hes got a PhD in the thing.

Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:20 am
All Star Poster

getluv wrote:
i'm not attacking the people in scientology.

No of course you weren't. "i love Scientology. it makes me laugh." "yes, what normal people."

Quote:
it also has been involved in some serious incidents

And Christianity and Islam haven't?

All religions are involved in nuttiness. I have yet to hear an example of how Scientology is worse than these other two. They stole some documents? Puh-lease. Did you miss the part about how Bush started a $500 BILLION war because Jesus told him to? And there might be one or two examples in Islam that are also worse than stealing some documents too.

Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:01 am
Profile WWW

Beeblebrox wrote:

And Christianity and Islam haven't?

All religions are involved in nuttiness. I have yet to hear an example of how Scientology is worse than these other two. They stole some documents? Puh-lease. Did you miss the part about how Bush started a $500 BILLION war because Jesus told him to? And there might be one or two examples in Islam that are also worse than stealing some documents too.

It's Bush we're talking about. You voted for him. Pope John Paul II begged Bush not to invade Afghanistan, if i remember correctly. Oh, and I'm pretty sure the Vatican pleaded with Bush not to invade Iraq either. I'm sorry, but there are many Christians that oppose the war in Iraq.

Have you heard of Lisa McPherson???? look her up. here, let me help. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientology_controversies

And if i think the idea of paying a lotta money to find out we're a bunch of fucking aliens is stupid, then yes, i think its stupid. To each his own. As a raised Catholic, you are taught to respect religious difference, i just don't Scientology is a religion.

Anyway, as pointed in that youtube video and by Tom Cruise, something isn't right. Take a look at Katie Holmes from when she was on Letterman pre-Cruise, then look at the Letterman interview she gave a few weeks back. Notice the difference in body language. I do believe Scientology uses mind control and all sorts of contentious techniques to keep its followers in line. Just because it's doing no harm that "you can see", doesn't mean its right. This is a religion that tries to keep everything bottled up.

Like i said earlier, i actually like Scientology. I find it very funny. Like you didn't laugh in that leeked Cruise vid.

Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:55 am
Yes we can call dibs on the mountain guide

It's not dangerous unless a Scientologist can get elected to high office or otherwise hold significant power. Tom Cruise does not have power.

Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:24 am

Angela Merkel wrote:
It's not dangerous unless a Scientologist can get elected to high office or otherwise hold significant power. Tom Cruise does not have power.

hello blackmail.

Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:25 am
All Star Poster

getluv wrote:
And if i think the idea of paying a lotta money to find out we're a bunch of fucking aliens is stupid, then yes, i think its stupid. To each his own. As a raised Catholic, you are taught to respect religious difference, i just don't Scientology is a religion.

So you're taught to respect religious differences, as long as it's YOUR religion? Yeah, that sounds about right. Anybody else, you simply say "it's not a religion" and then slam it all you want - while hypocritically accusing me of "generalizing."

Quote:
This is a religion that tries to keep everything bottled up.

Wait, you said it was NOT a religion. Now it is? If you can't keep up with your own nonsense, how I am supposed to?

Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:04 am
Profile WWW
All Star Poster

Angela Merkel wrote:

When they wield the kind of power that puts a douche like Bush in office, then I'll get as worried about Scientology as I am about the nutters who run the US and the Middle East.

Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:06 am
Profile WWW
Homo Dperious

roo wrote:
Snrub wrote:
Groucho wrote:
All religions are dangerous if you take them to the extreme.

Except there's no such thing as a moderate scientologist.

Then it's time for the camps.

It's time for truth!

Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:23 pm
Profile ICQ
Homo Dperious

Beeblebrox wrote:
Christians and Muslims are trying to convince Europe to teach school children that the Earth is 6000 years old. Christian fundamentalists have already cost the school district of Dover, PA $1 million in legal fees and made them a laughing stock. They are now trying to the do the same thing in Florida and Texas. Bush says he invaded Iraq because Jesus told him to.

I'm sorry, but how does Scientology compete with any of this?

By being deceptive and secretive. Targeting people for things they don't like about them, but trying not to leave a trace of what they do or who they are (they opperate with organizations that they give no indication of being connected with scientology).

They also don't advocate truth as a way to deal with reality. In other words it's possible to lie and you could be said to simply be showing your reality! Maybe they are honest with either other, but lying to those outside by saying they are creating a reality is something else.

The main problem I have though is that they try to control outsiders they come in contact with using mind control techniques. They believe in trying to influence them to do what they want.

In any case, this isn't about comparision. I'm just saying it can be dangerous. It would be possible to create a far less dangerous organization that does the same good things, whatever those might be.

Last edited by DP07 on Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:29 pm
Profile ICQ
Homo Dperious

Beeblebrox wrote:
getluv wrote:
beeblebox ur an idiot.

Ironic much?

Quote:
Also Muslims and Christians don't charge hundred thousands of dollars to attend meetings, etc.

No, they just invade countries and kill thousands of people for their God. Yeah, much better.

What established religion has ever been in a part of the world with war, and not gotten tied up with war?

Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:31 pm
Profile ICQ

Beeblebrox wrote:
getluv wrote:

So you're taught to respect religious differences, as long as it's YOUR religion? Yeah, that sounds about right. Anybody else, you simply say "it's not a religion" and then slam it all you want - while hypocritically accusing me of "generalizing."

Quote:
This is a "religion" that tries to keep everything bottled up.

Wait, you said it was NOT a religion. Now it is? If you can't keep up with your own nonsense, how I am supposed to?

I respect all religions tyvm. I actually know quite a bit about Buddishm, Judaism, Islam, Hindu etc. As far as I'm concerned they don't charge people fixed amounts to do things. and please, I have problems with Christianity, for instance I believe priests should be able to marry and i don't think gay couples should be married inside a church without permission from said priests. I don't believe in euthanasia but i don't throw my views in everyones faces and expect them to follow.

there are worse cults out there, but we're discussing Scientology atm. it seems you know very little about Scienetology. I would like you to look at what the Scientologists call "disconnection". In other words you cut off anybody (friends/family) who don't respect your new life. that is an example of a cult. Religions just don't do that.

oh forgive me. lemme put in that " ". Clearly u have no other way to respond. the fact you had to edit three quarters of my last post just to arrive at, "you talk nonsense", then clearly you've won the argument.

Scientology is labelling the people behind Sundays protests as cyber-terrorists, when all they are doing is advocating free speech. I don't seem to remember the Catholics running around calling people terriorists when all that shit happened about child abuse all over the world. They copped it and did something about it, they may have lost respect from a lotta people but they still did something about it.

Last edited by getluv on Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:38 pm
I just lost the game

getluv wrote:
Beeblebrox wrote:
getluv wrote:
beeblebox ur an idiot.

Ironic much?

Quote:
Also Muslims and Christians don't charge hundred thousands of dollars to attend meetings, etc.

No, they just invade countries and kill thousands of people for their God. Yeah, much better.

Why are you?

Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:24 am
What would Jesus *not* do?

All religions are inherently dangerous when used for evil purposes, but Scientology is the olnly religion that locked me in a room and told me I had only two options: Join or commit Suicide. I didn't commit suicide and I sure as hell didn't join. I brought along option three which was a 280lb 6'8" Samaon who likes physical confrontations which allowed us to leave with an unspoken agreement, ie., we leave and the scientologists who locked us in don't get hurt.

I'm fine with you believing in whatever you want to believe in, but please keep your beliefs private and in your own home. DO NOT force them on others or make society suffer because you choose to take the word of the flying spaghetti monster literaly.

1. Slumdog Millionaire
2. Wall-E
3. Dark Knight
4. In Bruges
5. Tropic Thunder
6. Young @ Heart
7. Mongol
8. The Band's Visit
9. Visitor
10. Iron Man

Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:27 am

insomniacdude wrote:
getluv wrote:
Beeblebrox wrote:
getluv wrote:
beeblebox ur an idiot.

Ironic much?

Quote:

Why are you?

in what way am i generalising.

btw, if anyone hasn't seen that South Park episode "Trapped in the Closet", i recommend you watch it.

Last edited by getluv on Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:56 am
---------

The Mr Pink wrote:
All religions are inherently dangerous when used for evil purposes, but Scientology is the olnly religion that locked me in a room and told me I had only two options: Join or commit Suicide. I didn't commit suicide and I sure as hell didn't join. I brought along option three which was a 280lb 6'8" Samaon who likes physical confrontations which allowed us to leave with an unspoken agreement, ie., we leave and the scientologists who locked us in don't get hurt.

Wait... this actually happened to you??

Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:27 pm
Vagina Qwertyuiop

Beeblebrox wrote:
Angela Merkel wrote:

When they wield the kind of power that puts a douche like Bush in office, then I'll get as worried about Scientology as I am about the nutters who run the US and the Middle East.

Yes, because if there's one thing Bush and Hitler taught us, it's that the best time to get worried about radical, subversive groups like Scientology is when they're already in power.

Seriously Beeblebrox, I love ya and I usually agree with you on things like this. But Scientology, for all of it's admittedly hilarious mythology, is an incredibly dangerous religion. And just because it's not insanely powerful at the moment and it hasn't been the cause of thousands of deaths in the past doesn't mean it's any less of a threat against our future.

Instead of using people's attacks against Scientology as an excuse to attack current religions, take the time to really look at what Scientology is and what a world under it's rule would be like.

Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:55 pm
What would Jesus *not* do?

MG Casey wrote:
The Mr Pink wrote:

Wait... this actually happened to you??

Yes.

At the end of the movie they show you in their secret lair, its a room with only one door, that only opens from the outside, no windows, with air vents smaller than softballs, located down a long and very, very narrow hallway. So once your in, you're in until they decide to let you out. Anyway at the end of the film they show you, that explains all the wonders err bs, of scientology. A spokesman comes on and says (paraphrasing) 'now that you have seen all that scientology can offer you, why wouldn't you want to join and become an active member in our church, the only option other than not joining would be to commit suicide as life without scientology is a life not worth living,' so committing suicide is the only option besides joining. There was no third option given just join or commit suicide. The guy in the video was holding a gun while saying this, inferring that you can either join or blow your brains out.
Now the two guys from the center who came in after the video didn't bring any "visible" weapons with them into the room, but they were acting in a way that would pressure any susceptible person into joining, by blocking the doorway (the only one in the room) and the pointed direct questioning. Hence the need for my Samoan friend to help extrodite us from the building as the scientologist didn't want us to leave until we joined or possibly committed suicide in front of them.? So yeah scientologist are a bunch of crazy mf'ers.

1. Slumdog Millionaire
2. Wall-E
3. Dark Knight
4. In Bruges
5. Tropic Thunder
6. Young @ Heart
7. Mongol
8. The Band's Visit
9. Visitor
10. Iron Man

Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:22 am
now we know

I just watched Louis Theroux's My Scientology Movie. Absolutely fascinating stuff. Not really a lot of stuff is shown, I guess because everything is so secretive unless you're on the inside. At first, I remained impartial. I am telling myself that everything I am hearing is from guys that bailed from the organisation, so I should just keep that in my head the whole time, but then as it goes on and on it is hard not to see the organisation in a negative light regardless of who's saying what. The way they keep contacting the production team through their lawyers for no reason at all. They are paranoid on levels that have never been seen before. Very odd. Also the overuse of abbreviations is incredibly annoying, and just looks like brainwashing.

I felt the documentary was pretty fair. It could have tried to explore all the "good" that the church says it does. But it did not negatively set up things to show the "religion" in a bad light. The "church" did that all by themselves by their crazy paranoia.

Also I wish it had a better ending. But then that's the risk with documentaries ... nothing is scripted, so you just get what you get and it's a wrap. Very interesting, though. I never knew half of what was shared.

A-

Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:09 am
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

I watched a bit of Leah Remini's series on Scientology. It's all so fascinating, although after a few episodes, you get the idea: it's an awful religion that brainwashes people. It's crazy how vicious they are with those that leave it.

Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2