Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2270 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61 ... 91  Next
 Last game you played? 

Which is your favorite Mario game?
Super Mario Bros 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Super Mario Bros 3 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Super Mario World 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario 64 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Mario RPG 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Mario Kart 64 (or others) 30%  30%  [ 3 ]
Mario Party (or others) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Paper Mario (original or Thousand Year Door) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Sunshine 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Mario Kart: Double Dash 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Galaxy 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Galaxy 2 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Odyssey 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 10

Last game you played? 
Don't Dream It, Be It

Post Re: Last game you played?
I just can't get myself to play Pokemon Sword/Shield again... I played it a ton when it came out, got up to like 70 hours before even beating the story, and played a decent bit of the post-game and just... stopped playing. I like this generation, a little lackluster for the series but it did enough, so I don't know. Pokemon burnout perhaps.

I'll probably ask for the DLC (or a Nintendo eShop card) as an Xmas gift and hope someone picks it up for me.

I'm very interested in Pokemon Snap 2 though. I hope it's not as short as the original, but I wouldn't exactly mind either. But here's hoping for a game that features a few more areas and several hundred Pokemon at least. And it's Bandai Namco assisting, right? I'd be shocked if it doesn't have a million DLC updates.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:02 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Dude I’m all for Pokemon Snap 2. Would be awesome to travel the world and see every single different type of Pokemon.

I love the Wild Area in Shield. The rest? It’s a Pokemon game lol. I played with Permadeath (Using the honor system and dedicating some pc boxes to graveyards) to make it more of a challenge.

Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:38 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Speaking of Pokemon... The TCG scene has exploded in recent months and is experiencing a hyper-inflation event.

In general, the prices have gone up several hundred percent to even over 1,000% for a lot of older cards. I don't really know why so many people are suddenly getting into it, exactly, but if anyone here has any near-mint (or better) older cards, you might be interested in selling now. And it's not necessarily cards from the base sets and early sets, as even cards from any set from..., ehh, before 2010 or so I'd say have skyrocketed as well (but it sort of depends on the sets, too).

For example, a Base 2 Charizard in just "fair/good" condition is easily fetching $100 prices online now. The original Base set one most are familiar with in NM condition would usually go for around that, but now it's up to $200/300 range.

A few more examples: Base/Base 2 Blastoise easily reaching $50+ (it was lucky to reach $20 before). Dark Raichu and Dark Dragonite up to $30/40. The majority of the foils, as long as they're in near-mint condition still, are all going for $20/25, really, from the Wizard of the Coast days (1998-2003). And once rare and expensive cards after 2003 that typically hovered around $30-40 or so are well over $100 now, even over $200+. Again, just the near-mint versions. Don't have to be graded or anything (though if you WOULD have them, then you're really in luck right now though).

And the secret rare cards from the last few sets of Wizard of the Coast's time making the cards in particular are almost all in the triple digits, and can crack $1,000.

I have a lot of Pokemon cards (all/nearly all in NM condition), many from the earlier years (1998-mid 2000s), but I also have a good deal up until three or four years ago, too. It's tempting to jump in on this, but thinking about selling them is... difficult! Like this Crystal Charizard: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R ... d&_sacat=0 I have this card, near-mint condition, and it's going for $500 minimum right now. And graded ones (8 or better) are going for a few thousand... If mine's not an 8, it's damn close. That's the most expensive card I own now, but I also have a few in the $100-200 range, and dozens that have risen to the $50 range (that were $10/15 tops before), too, not graded (graded [8 or better] takes them up like 3/4x higher.

So... check your collections!

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:57 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

Playing the original Starcraft

Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:34 pm
Veteran

Ugh. I sold my PS4 thinking I could just get a PS5 on launch weekend. Should have preordered. Maybe I’ll finally beat Breathe of the Wild on Switch while I wait for a PS5 to become available.

I was blind, but now I see.

Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:47 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Following the G4 Reunion Special I share in the Game Awards thread:

Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:20 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

:yummy:

Long-ranged sword fighter with great recovery? :lol:

Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:02 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Cyberpunk’s launch has been such a disaster that Sony removed it from the Playstation store. Glad I waited! The game still looks really cool, but damn CDPR fucked up here. There’s a 37 point difference on meta between the PC and Ps4 versions.

Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:03 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Did they mess up though? I'm not so interested in the game that I know everything that's happened, but I feel like it was more the fault of those putting pressure on them, including Sony in order to get those holiday sales, to release it before Christmas. I recall reading a couple articles about how the development team was practically working around the clock in order to make a release in 2020 possible in the final couple months.

It clearly wasn't ready for release in November, so they delayed it a month, but a few more weeks wasn't likely to get that much accomplished, honestly. They should have just waited for a Spring/Summer release.

Anyway, currently playing Smash Bros. Ultimate again. Sakurai pulled me back in with the Sephiroth boss battle event to unlock him a week early. I also haven't played since the release of Steve/Alex. They're very mechanics heavy, probably the most of any character. I haven't played them enough to say for sure, but I feel they're probably great in 1-on-1 matches, but get progressively worse the more players involved.

Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:29 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

I’d say yes because CD Project Red is its own company and not beholden to a publisher like EA, Take Two or Activision. Delaying it by another six months would have upset the fans, and surely caused the usual internet overreactions (death threats, boycotts, etc...) but it couldn’t be worse than what they did which is release a broken game. Now one of the most anticipated games ever will go down as a laughing stock, coining a new term for disappointment - cyberpunked.

I’m still waiting for those smash dlc packs to go on sale. :P

I did beat Demon Souls though. :) Not an easy task, though the potion system does make the bosses easier than the other FromSoftware titles. There were four bosses: Allant, Maneater, Penetrator and Armor Spider that gave me problems, but the Swamp of Sorrow level was far more frustrating than any of them.

Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:30 pm
Veteran

While waiting for a PS5, I really should pick up with the Switch again. It has two of the best games of all time, Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Mario Odyssey and I still haven't finished them (barely started Mario).

I was blind, but now I see.

Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:25 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Hades won GOTY at IGN this year. :thumbsup:

Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:22 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

They gave Palm Springs best movie and Ted Lassio best show too. Good job by them.

Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:45 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Nintendo's put together this really cool 2020 in hindsight stat sheet: https://switch.nintendo.com/year-in-review/

Here are ours (husband and I):

MINE:
Spoiler: show

HUSBAND (We play Smash Bros. and Marvel Ultimate Alliance, and any other multiplayer game together on his account, so the total hours are more)
Spoiler: show

Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:52 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

I don't know what's more impressive: Zagreus having 8500 voice lines, or Tisiphone having 190 different voice lines just saying "murrr....derrrr??". Charon having 120 voice lines with any actual words is also in contention, too.

Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:52 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Just incredible how much detail they put into this game.

Murrr ... murrdderrr?

Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:01 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Gotten back into Fire Emblem: Three Houses. Wrapping up the Blue Lions playthrough tonight... after 87 hours. I never finished it, and I don't really know why. Looking back, nothing of major interest was released shortly after it, but I play these games incredibly slowly trying to complete everything, so maybe I was still playing it when Pokemon Sword/Shield came out and dropped it then.

Assuming there isn't a major post-game/story to delve into, I'll begin my second playthrough this weekend, this time choosing the Black Eagles. And I just read there's a secret fourth route available when playing the Black Eagles, but I think I'll just go the normal route with them this playthrough. Third playthrough will be with the Golden Deer at some point. And then I'll go for that secret fourth route with the Black Eagles after finishing all the normal three routes.

And debating on the DLC, too. The Ashen Wolves look interesting (and includes another male character to marry, Linhardt being the only option upon release), and it also introduces three new classes (though I remember them from past games) to make additional playthrough more interesting. And having four more characters to interact with, and for the other characters to interact with, will help with any repetitiveness. Not to mention it adds a decently long side-story (up to 10 hours I read) to complete, too.

Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:35 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Finally Going through Ghost of Tsushima now. For the first few hours ... it honestly seemed kinda basic, the type of game I’ve played a hundred times before. Yet the subtle changes have caught up and made it a Great and unique experience. The way the wind guides you to your destination, how following a friendly animal instead of killing it will lead to a better reward, how it shames you for dishonorable stealth kills, how each side quest feels fleshed out rather than just a way to grind xp, etc... Definitely rises above just being Samurai Creed. It also looks fantastic in 60 FPS so I’m glad I waited for the ps5. Highly recommend to anyone on the fence.

Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:54 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Here you go, Flava'd!

Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:52 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

:D Yeah I loved playing that on PS3. I never got the DLC though so playing as Wallace and Knives will be worth another go through. Very cool box art on the limited edition too.

And the hoodie has a zipper! Give me a bundle now!!

Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:07 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Finally got the option to battle Charon again (it took like... 30-35 more attempts since the first) and beat him. I got an onion artifact? The discount was very nice for his shop in the Temple of Styx.

Other recent happenings:

>Finally discovered what Ambrosia is really used for. Almost have Thanatos maxed out now. Dusa is close, too, but I'm going to make sure Thanatos is maxed out first, just in case there's something that happens with the first character you max out.
>Got Hades' Keepsake, and it's one of my favorites now.
>Got 3/6 Companions (Thanatos, Dusa, and Skelly). All are useful. Curious on who give you the other 3. Meg is surely one of them, but I haven't spent much time improving my relationship with her. Not sure on the others 2... Maybe Hypnos and Persephone? Cerberus, perhaps?
>Unlocked all the Hidden Aspects for each of the weapons.
>Also freed Orpheus of his contract. I'm guessing I'll need to encounter Eurydice to see their reunion.

Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:18 am
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

:whaa:

Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:14 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

The Ghost of Yarikawa mission :noway:

All in on Pokemon Snap 2 btw.

Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:52 am
The Kramer

Playstation plus users can get the very cool game Control for free this month, and they included the new upgraded PS5 version too. Very hyped to go back in at 60 fps!

Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:25 pm
The Kramer

Walmart had a restock for a half a minute today. So partly due to Game Pass, partly due to Bethesda, partly due to impulse and partly due to wanting to cheer myself up from the Gamestonk mess- I ordered a Series S AKA the Smolbox.

The Game Pass lineup really is an insanely good value, especially since I skipped the entire last generation for the X.

Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2270 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61 ... 91  Next