Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2270 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62 ... 91  Next
 Last game you played? 

Which is your favorite Mario game?
Super Mario Bros 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Super Mario Bros 3 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Super Mario World 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario 64 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Mario RPG 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Mario Kart 64 (or others) 30%  30%  [ 3 ]
Mario Party (or others) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Paper Mario (original or Thousand Year Door) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Sunshine 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Mario Kart: Double Dash 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Galaxy 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Galaxy 2 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Odyssey 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 10

Last game you played? 
Don't Dream It, Be It

Post Re: Last game you played?
I'll probably just have to wait until summer or fall, honestly, but that's fine. I still have plenty I'm still playing, and some that I still need to begin (like AC: Odyssey which will likely be an easy ~100 hour playthrough). And I'm no good at being online when the 30-second restocks appear somewhere.

Speaking of GamePass, I saw that Dragon Quest XI: Definitive Edition was added somewhat recently. If you like the series, or just JRPGs in general, definitely recommend it as it's one of the best in both regards. Easy 50/60+ hour game if you stay focused on the story, and can easily get up to double that with sidequests, grinding and such. First time a Dragon Quest game has been on a Microsoft console too, I believe.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:23 pm
Profile WWW
Hatchling

For some reason I remembered the game Dark Messiah of Might and Magic and decided to go through it again. A very interesting game with good graphics for its time. And Skyrim passed before her. Something pulled me into my old favorite computer games.

Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:00 am
The Kramer

Platinumed Ghost of Tsushima at about 60 hours. Magnificent game. Would put it at #3 on my game of the year list and somewhere in the 12-8 range on the overall PS4 list. Highly recommend.

My first game on the Series S is ... Banjo Kazooie! Cause nothing says next gen like N64 games!!

Will definitely check out Dragon Quest. I’ve only played 9 (or maybe it was 10) on DS and didn’t love it, but 11 looks cool enough to give it another shot.

Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:49 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Funny. Back when we got the Xbox One S in 2016 (I think), Banjo Kazooie was the first game we played on it. :-P

Dragon Quest IX for the DS certainly wasn't the best one to start with from a single-layer aspect. I didn't play it, but I know it was sort of a game designed around the aspect of multiplier in mind for Japan's market. It's a unique entry in the main series. Dragon Quest XI isn't exactly revolutionary or game-changing, but it pretty much refines the traditional JRPG genre in every way.

Has anyone played Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice? I've been interested in it since it was released almost 2 years ago, but have been waiting for the price to come down more.

Oh, and Nintendo Direct tomorrow! Roughly 50-minutes of footage. Excluding the mini and individual game Directs, there hasn't been a proper Direct in a year and half (Sept. 2019), so hopefully it delivers. Breath of the Wild 2 news (new trailer and release date) is pretty likely, but I'm hoping for at least one surprise this year.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:01 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Sekiro is very cool, but the combat was too stressful for me since it heavily relies on counters and ripostes. It’s not like its harder than the Souls games, in alot of ways it is easier, but I could just never get the timing right. I might give it another try now that I’ve beaten similar (but simpler) games like Ghost and Jedi Fallen Order.

Any possibility we get a Zelda collection like with Mario’s anni? I think Twilight Princess port is a given, but since I played that one kinda recently and didn’t love it I hope we get more.

Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:51 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

:funny:

In regards to Zelda, a collection game would be very cool, but I'm not expecting it (yet). Besides the likely Breath of the Wild 2 news, I'm thinking they'll announce a remaster for Skyward Sword. This year is its tenth anniversary and is the only one without any sort of port or remake now.

Just 2 hours away now. Hoping to see:

-Any/all Zelda news.
-Metroid Prime 4: Feels like this is fairly certain, even if no footage is shown (besides maybe a shot of Samus or something).
-Bayonetta 3: Chances are good here I think.
-Splatoon 3: Doubt this one for now, but it should be coming "somewhat" soon-ish. Maybe 2022 though.
-New Pokemon. This is the franchise's 25th anniversary, and remakes of Diamond & Pearl have been rampant as of late (it's also those title's 15th anniversary).
-Mario Kart 9: MK8: Deluxe continues to sell like hotcakes though, so the Switch may honestly go without a new entry in the series.
-Super Mario Party 2: The first became the best selling MP game... surely they have plans for another. And please...have online this time! Online MP would be so insanely fun.
-Next Smash DLC character. Seems pretty likely.
-I know it already has plenty of ports and remakes, but a surprise port or two is still fun. Persona 5? Please? Or Fall Guys?

That's like a top-tier E3 level presentation though, so we'll see. In addition to Zelda, I'd be happy with just any one of the others I listed, unless it's ONLY the next Smash character. But this is the first direct since 2019 and is 50 minutes... there's going to be some decent content.

One of the unique "problems" (for gamers) for the Switch is that most of their first-party games continue to sell extremely well despite being 3/4 years old now. They've all either become the best selling game in their respective franchises already, or are on track to very soon. Releasing sequels or successors to them may not seem strategically sound. Not to mention that the Switch itself continues to sell very, very well (it's going to surpass the Wii), and doesn't really need any major releases to move more units right now.

Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:24 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

I’m sure the Smash community is gonna be thrilled with having another jrpg sword character added. :funny:

Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:04 pm
The Kramer

Welp Corpse gets one wish already. :funny: Hopefully Fall Guys has a second life.

I just downloaded Outer Wilds from Game Pass on smolbox. Looks cool.

Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:08 pm
The Kramer

Splatoon 3 was a nice surprise. I like Skyward Sword but not sure I’ll go back into that world anytime soon.

Otherwise not a lot to get excited about.

Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:54 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Pyra was a surprising choice. I haven't played Xenoblade Chronicles 2 though, so know little about her. I was expecting Crash Bandicoot. Don't necessarily want Crash (indifferent), but the timing seemed pretty good if he was going to be added.

Happy to see Fall Guys being released, even if it's not until summer.

Mario Golf was a nice surprise. Loved both the N64 and GC entries, and this one at least looks as good based on the footage. Story mode also looks pretty good. Hoping it has online play, but certainly won't get my hopes up there.

Project Triangle looked good. Reminded me a lot of Octopath Traveler in its graphics and art-style, but taking the tactical-strategy RPG route over the traditional turn-based.

Not surprised by Skyward Sword. 10th anniversary of the game, only title not to get a remake yet, etc. I enjoyed the original, and will pick the HD version up. Glad they've implemented button controls into it since few games really use the motion controls now, and having to switch between the two play-styles.

Splatoon 3! I knew it was going to be announced pretty soon, just not this soon. Of course, it was given a 2022 release. I think they decided to announce it so soon due to not having anything new for Breath of the Wild 2.

Surprised there wasn't anything on Bayonetta 3. Metroid Prime 4 I get since they've had some development delays there, but Bayonetta 3 seems like it's been in development for awhile now for at least some footage and/or a release date. And of course no Mario Party 9. MK8: Deluxe is still too big.

Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:39 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

OH! And how could I forget this! I'll triple-dip.

Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:47 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

I’ve never played the Prime trilogy so I hope they rerelease that before 4. Also Samus Returns please. I’ve wanted to play it for so long but there’s no going back to 3DS after knowing the glory of Switch.

Do you think we will get any dlc for the Hades physical release? I’d drop some buckos for a new God/Boss/Weapon. An Apollo themed update makes the most sense.

Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:36 pm
The Kramer

Also, Crash Smash would be great just because his spin attack would be different. And because I love the original 3 (4 is way too hard but I’ll give it another chance in March with a free PS5 upgrade.) Another sword character is just ... another sword character. :funny:

My dream pick is still Geno from Mario RPG. I’ve been waiting for a sale on the dlc packs but they might not be worth it at this point.

Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:05 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

They could still do Crash. One of the final 2 spots is bound to be a character from a big non-Nintendo franchise. Sora, I think, will remain as the heavy favorite to wrap up the last of the DLC. (Though deep down I don't think he'll ever happen thanks to Disney.) But I think Master Chief is also possible since Nintendo has grown to have a pretty good relationship with Microsoft, and it could align with Halo 6. And Ratchet & Clank could be a possibility too. Lara Croft might even be possible (her 25th anniversary is this year).

The Metroid Prime trilogy is Nintendo (or Retro Studios rather) at their best. It'd be amazing if they did port the trilogy collection. All three are amazing, but the first game was truly incredible and ahead of its generation. It's right up there with Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time.

I'd be all for some Hades DLC. As you mentioned, they could work Apollo into it I'm sure. Hephaestus and Hera would make the only other realistic inclusions. The only possible problem would be having too many boons available with one or more of them? As for weapons, they could do a lot there. Traditional stuff like an axe or mace chain, or something fun like a musical instrument.

Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:14 am
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Idiot

Does the game Soduko and 2048 count? :P

Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:21 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Sure. You're talking about Sudoku Relax for the Switch, right? ;)

Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:54 am
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Idiot

No lol. I only play it on my phone :P

Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:22 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Been looking into something that's easy to pick up and can be played for a half hour or hour at a time or so (preferably turn-based), and just stumbled upon Slay the Spire. Just watched a couple reviews/gameplay videos and... how did I miss out on this one? It looks right up my alley.

Definitely going to buy it this week, definitely going to love it.

Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:30 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Slay the Spire is awesome!!! Great find.

Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:24 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

First run and made it to the 33rd floor, which was the second boss, the Champ. Got him down to about half, but lost. I've played a lot of card-building games, both physical and digital, so probably wouldn't have made it that far (at least it seemed decently far since it was an hour and 34 minute run) otherwise.

Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:39 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

That’s not bad at all. I’ve gotten as far as beating all three towers, but there’s a not-very-hidden final boss/world that I was never able to conquer.

Diablo 2 remake coming to all platforms! I’ve only played 3 and always hear that 2 was better- time to find out! Diablo 3 on Switch was my favorite way to play, but.... is handheld really worth sacrificing the performance and almost definitely better multiplayer servers of the PS5? Hmmm.

Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:03 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

I've never played any of the Diablo games. I was tempted to buy 3 on Switch due to its reviews and when it goes on sale occasionally, but just never did. Maybe one day.

Sharing this too since it cracked me up (and it's real):

Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:59 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Playstation State of Play was rather tame, not showing any of their big titles, but it wasn’t bad. Returnal looks awesome, Kena won me over, looks like an old school 3D platformer with cool combat and Solar Ash has my interest with its visual style.

Oddworld for free is a nice surprise too. Doubt I would have paid for it, but I’ll definitely play it now.

I’m on the haunted graveyard level of Banjo and really hate those green ghosts ><.

Halo 1 holds up great on smolbox.

Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:10 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

The Diamond and Pearl remakes look like straight up remakes. Probably the least amount of effort put into them from any prior remakes, I think. The new 3DS could have came close to playing them. Nothing wrong with that exactly, but it largely appears to be a "stop bothering us with D&P remakes now!" release. I'm kind of 50/50 on getting them.

However, Pokemon Legends: Arceues? A prequel adventure set in Ancient Sinnoh with improved models and graphics from Sword & Shield, taking clear inspiration from Breath of the Wild, and that appears more open-world (catching and battles without traditional battles)? Yes, please. Instant-buy next year.

Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:50 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

I want to believe in Pokemon Legends, but it already looks like the Switch is gonna struggle with its ambition. Will it be amazing or turn into Lets Go Piplup? Will wait for some more details before getting too hyped.

The Gen 4 remakes look like the same comfort food Gamefreak has been putting on Switch ... Which is fine? I’ve only played Platinum the one time, so at least they are kinda/sorta new for me ... not really but still. They’ll be fine for the next time I’m in the mood for a Pokeventure.

Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2270 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62 ... 91  Next