Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2269 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 ... 91  Next
 Last game you played? 

Which is your favorite Mario game?
Super Mario Bros 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Super Mario Bros 3 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Super Mario World 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario 64 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Mario RPG 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Mario Kart 64 (or others) 30%  30%  [ 3 ]
Mario Party (or others) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Paper Mario (original or Thousand Year Door) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Sunshine 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Mario Kart: Double Dash 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Galaxy 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Galaxy 2 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Odyssey 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 10

Last game you played? 
Devil's Advocate

Post Re: Last game you played?
Mau wrote:
Thank you, you two make me wanna buy Hades first then dive into Zelda games.

And yes, Mario party is 100% locked to be there too, but maybe at a later date, lol.

If you want to play ones like Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask you can download an emulator and play them on the computer

Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:13 am
The Kramer

Hey Corpse I noticed that SuperGiants other games, Transistor and Bastion, are on sale for 80% off . $7 total for both. I already have them on PS4 (“free” from +) but I do like being able to play wherever I’d like. My previous favorite of theirs, Pyre, is still not on Switch for reasons. The games are all very different, Pyre is more of a sports game (kinda like rugby but with undead entities zapping each other.)

I’ve beat Hades 7 times but haven’t seen what you are talking about. Maybe because I haven’t been using the heat lately, going with each weapon instead.

Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:37 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

I haven't looked up what triggers things to become available as I don't want spoiled. For example, the Administrators Chambers was added to the House Contractors several days ago for me after triggering a memory, and I've payed to unlock it days ago as well (love the Inspire messages), but my husband hasn't gotten to that point yet.

I've also noticed that the more you spend on house renovations, the more that gets added to the list of renovations. And depending on your relationship with various characters, certain items related to them also appear on the list.

I'm guessing the rewards (at least I think they're rewards?) located below Skelly by the entrance into Tartarus are made available after either attempting to escape/successfully escaping with a heat level. Because a certain heat level escape is then required to unlock them. Without getting on to check, I've escaped three times with a heat level (just 1) now I believe, and have probably entered seven or eight times with a heat level (again, just 1).

I noticed they were having a big sale on past games. I'll check them out.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:24 am
Profile WWW
Veteran

Ghosts of Tushima and Call of Duty: MW both of which I’m still playing. I still haven’t completed Breath of the Wild or Mario
for the Switch. They are two of the best games of all time but I keep reverting back to the more adult games to unwind.

I was blind, but now I see.

Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:12 am
The Kramer

I still haven't played Ghost, but would like to be the "last" game I play on PS4. So aiming for a mid October start. I've also been saving Dead Space 2 for this Halloween season and I even dusted off my PS3 for the occasion .. but there's just so much to play and even in quarantine not enough time to get to it all. Freaking Crash 4 comes out tomorrow and I can't decide if I want it or not haha.

On Hades, I tried to do it with the Heat Meter at 8, and it really wasn't that bad ... until Elysium. The "armored enemies have new techniques" perk just becomes insane there. The archers, greatshields, spearmen, etc... all burst into four little heads instead of one, and they will respawn if you don't kill them all in five seconds. If that wasn't bad enough, they each explode for 15 damage when you do kill them! Completely drained my DDs and I wasn't lucky enough to draw Petrocalus to restore them.

In good news, on the run before that I actually rolled the credits of the game. Won't spoil obviously, but the story takes a new turn after the 10th successful run. And even with the credits rolled, I still want to hop back in though, find out what those special items are, deepen my bonds with my favorite Gods, reunite Achilles and Petrocalus and/or Eurydice and Orpheus. Will probably focus on getting more diamonds to beef up my perks, but I'm pretty sure I can beat it on 8 with a better build (and different pacts.)

Mario 64 - 63 stars. It is ... more difficult then I remember. The tight controls of Oddssey spoiled me and anything in 64 that requires precise platforming is brutal lol. Wish they would've improved them a little, but again, if they did that we would have had to pay $60 for each game.

Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:09 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

I've beaten Hades 7 times now, but not once with the Spear yet. I'll make an attempt with a heat level of 8 sometime soon.

My relationship with Achilles has reached a locked heart now, so I wonder if I have to increase my relationship with Patroclus some more, or if a certain item is required. I thought the Ambrosia was going to be used for the locked hearts or to deepen relationships at a certain point, but now it just seems to be an item just intended for trading?

I bought the aquarium, finally. Just a cosmetic item, as the description suggested, but it does tell you how many fish you've caught. I'm focusing a lot of getting as many Gems as I can during my runs now so I can buy more from the Contractor. Just bought the upgrade where beating each region's boss awards some amount of Gems (cost 4 diamonds!), so I'm hoping it's a fair amount and not just 5.

Spoiler: show
Also, how did you battle Charon? The attempt that followed my first time beating Hades had a Charon chamber with a "borrow" option for 300 coin, I took it, fought Charon but lost. Since then, and it's been close to 15 attempts now, I haven't had that option again. I know you can buy the upgrade for Erebus gates to appear for 5 diamonds, which I'm assuming is how you fight Charon, but what's the point after beating him the first time? If any of this is heavy on spoilers, avoid responding to it, but any unspoiler replies would be appreciated. LOL.

And I still haven't revealed the last undiscovered page in the Codex!

As for OTHER games... The Halloween update was released today for Animal Crossing, so I'll get back into it for awhile. And Super Mario 3D-All Stars finally arrived today, so I'll begin it in the near future. And Super Mario 64 can indeed be pretty tough, especially some of the later worlds like the clock and rainbow levels (forget their actual names) that do require strict platforming. And while Mario 64 is a true classic and has aged decently well almost 25-years later, it does show its age here.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:42 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

You get a discount for the rest of your run. I’d say it pops up every few runs but honestly isn’t really worth it since it always comes so late in the game and because He is quite difficult.

Oh also, I know we were dogging on Zeus, but I am back on board for his Call. Why? The Duo boons rain down for the rest of the run! He pairs with almost everyone. So much dps.

Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:55 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

When it came up for me, it was actually in Tartarus, which is why I likely lost since I didn't have much yet.

And yes, shame on us for dismissing Zeus early on, haha. In fact, most of my successful runs have largely be due to his boons, I feel. They're hugely effective in the Temple of Styx dungeons. His Call is indeed great, and allowing your Cast to bounce to multiple enemies is very good. The lightning effects can get really, really out of hand.

My favorite Gods based on their boons:

Ares (love Doom and all the Blade Rifting)
Demeter
Artemis
Zeus
Dionysus
Athena
Hermes
Poseidon (His knock back effects are cool, but I don't find them useful outside of Asphodel.)
Aphrodite (However, her call does major damage, 2500+, when activated with one enemy on the field and I take it unless Ares or Zeus, and sometimes Dionysus if Epic, pops up first.)

Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:55 pm
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

Just started Hades. I bought it the other week, but I also bought Stardew Valley for Switch at the time and that 100% sucked up all of my gaming time. Running a farm is way more engaging than it has any right to be.

Anyway, first impressions of Hades are excellent. I really like the character, and I actually look forward to dying a bit because it means interacting with them more. Combat's real fun too, and while I've found times where it's been rather punishing, usually on a second go through the same situation, I manage just fine. My favourite weapon by far is the bow - I don't know if anything will make me switch to one of the others, but we'll see. I can easily see situations come up where the bow just isn't that great.

Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:52 am
The Kramer

Glad to hear you love it too!

I’ve got 15 clears now, but just cannot manage Elysium with 8 heat level. Have to find a good combo for it. Can’t even imagine what 16 is gonna be like much less 32. :funny:

Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:12 am
Indiana Jones IV

How many escape attempts did y'all use for your first clear?

I'm fairly sure I'll eventually set some kind of new record, because the way the game works has made me exceptionally reckless when it comes to everything. Risk of death? Eh, I'll get better.

I find it's also heavily dependent on what buffs you get, and there's some runs where it's a combination of Dionysus and Aphrodite and I feel like I'm better off dead. I'm still getting used to things, so I super struggle with Meg unless I have Athena's buff for my special or dash, and Meg actually does her shadowbolt spam instead of just doing circles and no bolts because fuck me and my specifically catered boons.

Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:45 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

My first successful attempt was 25-27 (will check later). Husband's was like 20 somehow. LOL.

Meg is a very strong first boss, I feel. Not just because she's quite difficult, even overwhelming at first, but because she serves as an excellent skill-test or ability checkpoint of sorts. Won't spoil it for you, but to me, the other bosses are similar in this respect, but by the time you reach them, you have a better idea of what strategy work best for you and you've been able to upgrade your permanent perks (the Mirror) enough that they're not as much of a roadblock as Meg.

It's a game where it's fun and productive to actually die because each attempt provides a satisfying learning experience, resource gathering (gems, darkness, keys, etc.), or more unique interactions with the Gods and other characters you meet. I'm on run 42 or 43 now, and I'm pretty sure none of the Gods, or any other character in fact, have had any repeat dialogue, and rather, their dialogue reflect your escape attempts, where you are in the story, how many times you've seen them, how many times you've gifted them, and much more. I even just achieved over 10,000 kills recently, which triggered a new interaction with Ares.

Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:13 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

That’s wrong Corpse because you’re forgetting Tisophone who only says one word “murrrr... murder!!!!” :funny:

My first clear was on attempt 26 with the gun. Dionysis is also my fav God so don’t be too down on him yet. Trippy cast and hangover effects save runs.

Also, though Meg is very tough, the second boss is relatively easy to manage which I think is a huge point in the game. Most roguelikes are known for punishing difficulty, and unless they’re just really fun it is hard to get motivated. Being able to get through Boss 2 makes the player feel good about themselves though, like they’ve made too much progress to give up during the real Skill Check that comes afterward. Also, once you best a boss the fights become much easier as you can just use muscle memory.

Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:41 pm
Hold the door!

Trying to play Breath of the Wild but I’m literally already stuck I can’t find the other three shrines for the life of me.

Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:10 pm
The Kramer

Being lost is actually a big part of Breath of the Wild. I never came close to finishing the story but put more time into it than any other Zelda. Climb a tree, find a cave, see what happens.

My fav is still Majora’s Mask though. :P

Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:06 pm
Indiana Jones IV

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
My first clear was on attempt 26 with the gun. Dionysis is also my fav God so don’t be too down on him yet. Trippy cast and hangover effects save runs.

Yeah, I've gotten the cast that repeatedly stuns enemies in an area for a duration of 5 seconds and it was great, so I guess I spoke a bit too soon.

I still want Athena's buff to the special or dash before Meg though, since being able to reflect her volley can cut down on the encounter length so, so much.

Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:12 am
Hold the door!

Everyone is talking about animal crossing. I hated the wii animal crossing. Will I like the new one? I’m really just not a fan of sandbox games.

Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:01 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

If you hated a past Animal Crossing, I can't imagine you liking New Horizons. It's the best Animal Crossing to date, but I don't see how someone could go from hating a past entry to suddenly like this one.

AND, Happy Birthday, Flava'd!

Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:58 pm
Profile WWW
Veteran

Finished Ghost of Tsushima, redownloaded FF7:Remake

I was blind, but now I see.

Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:36 pm
The Kramer

MK 11 looks great, I don't have a console, but maybe I'll think about getting this for windows.

Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:18 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Happy Birthday Flava'd :thumbsup:

Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:10 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

In between Hades and Animal Crossing, I've been playing Mario 35 for a half hour or so a day since it launched. Fun and addicting in short spurts, but quite repetitive and it really drag if you're good at it. If you're still alive and reach the final five, it can take a long time and get a bit tiresome doing the same things over and over again.

As I said, it's fun in short spurts, but glad it's free with online membership though, otherwise would have been a little disappointed if it was $15/20 or something. Still need to open and play Super Mario 3D All-Stars. Might start it tomorrow.

Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:15 pm
Profile WWW
Keeping it Light

MK 11 looks great, I kind of wish I had a console to play it but maybe I'll get it for my PC.

Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:23 am
The Kramer

Finally beat it on Heat Level 8 (got really lucky with a legendary Artemis boon that gave me two extra casts) and the grand prize issss

Spoiler: show
A statue of Skelly

:funny: :funny:

He swears the prize for 16 Heat will be better.

Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:17 pm
100% That Bitch

so can i download games from nintendo store? or do u recomend buying them in physical?

seems like there isn't much space on the switch for lots of games.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2269 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 ... 91  Next