Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Fight at Vibe awards,One person stabbed. 
rustiphica

rusty wrote:
lovemerox wrote:
rusty wrote:
Only at a rap show... How are they supposed to break from a stereotype of that is happening.

Are you serious? :roll:

Somewhat. When you think of rap, what do you see? Gangsters, hoes and bitches. At least there are some rappers out there who are rapping about more important things then just getting laid for the night.

True, but you could say the same thing about alot of genres of music. I mean with todays stars, nelly, chingy, Luda, ect...they really dont talk about gangs n shit

Nope. But they do rap about their bitches quite a lot. Check out the song For My by Nelly.

Wed Nov 17, 2004 3:03 pm
Forum General

lovemerox wrote:
rusty wrote:
lovemerox wrote:
rusty wrote:
Only at a rap show... How are they supposed to break from a stereotype of that is happening.

Somewhat. When you think of rap, what do you see? Gangsters, hoes and bitches. At least there are some rappers out there who are rapping about more important things then just getting laid for the night.

True, but you could say the same thing about alot of genres of music. I mean with todays stars, nelly, chingy, Luda, ect...they really dont talk about gangs n shit

Nope. But they do rap about their bitches quite a lot. Check out the song For My by Nelly.

So what do "bitches" have to do with getting stabbed at an awards show?

Wed Nov 17, 2004 3:07 pm
rustiphica

rusty wrote:
lovemerox wrote:
rusty wrote:
lovemerox wrote:
rusty wrote:

So what do "bitches" have to do with getting stabbed at an awards show?

The stereotypes of rappers and black people.

Wed Nov 17, 2004 3:07 pm
You must have big rats

I do agree with Rusty in a way. It is a stereotype and events like this make some people believe in these stereotypes even more.

Wed Nov 17, 2004 3:13 pm
Profile WWW
rustiphica

Say if you walk into a black community, it's things like that that make you believe that there aren't any hard working people there but there's just a bunch of prostitutes and drug warfare going on.

Wed Nov 17, 2004 3:14 pm
You must have big rats

Say if you walk into a black community, it's things like that that make you believe that there aren't any hard working people there but there's just a bunch of prostitutes and drug warfare going on.

This is an unfortunate stereotype. I mean, ask people here in Germany and all of them will say that Harlem is just full of black drug-dealers who'd rob you, kill you and throw you in the dumpster.

Wed Nov 17, 2004 3:16 pm
Profile WWW
rustiphica

rusty wrote:

This is an unfortunate stereotype. I mean, ask people here in Germany and all of them will say that Harlem is just full of black drug-dealers who'd rob you, kill you and throw you in the dumpster.

Is it because the only form of black culture they see is rap music and all those rappers who go on tv to act all ghetto?

Wed Nov 17, 2004 3:18 pm
You must have big rats

Dr. Lecter wrote:
rusty wrote:

Is it because the only form of black culture they see is rap music and all those rappers who go on tv to act all ghetto?

Mostly, yes.

And because Harlem has never had great reputation anyway, hehe.

Wed Nov 17, 2004 3:26 pm
Profile WWW
rustiphica

rusty wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:
rusty wrote:

Mostly, yes.

Didn't Clinton move to harlem?

Wed Nov 17, 2004 3:28 pm
You must have big rats

Dr. Lecter wrote:
rusty wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:
rusty wrote:

Mostly, yes.

Did he do it with Lewinksi?

Wed Nov 17, 2004 3:34 pm
Profile WWW
rustiphica

rusty wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:
rusty wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:
rusty wrote:

Mostly, yes.

Did he do it with Lewinksi?

I think he moved for the ghetto booty.

Wed Nov 17, 2004 3:35 pm
Forum General

I dont know about you but when I walk into a black community i dont think there are lazy people and prostitutes/.... thats a little close-minded dont you think?

Wed Nov 17, 2004 4:10 pm
rustiphica

rusty wrote:

I dont know about you but when I walk into a black community i dont think there are lazy people and prostitutes/.... thats a little close-minded dont you think?

I'm just talking stereotypes...

Wed Nov 17, 2004 5:20 pm
Forum General

lovemerox wrote:
rusty wrote:

I'm just talking stereotypes...
\

Oh, you didnt mean YOU?

If not, My Bad

Wed Nov 17, 2004 5:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2