Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Has the FCC taken things too far?/GOVERNMENTAL CONTROL 
Krem wrote:
BOYFRESH wrote:
Krem wrote:
BOYFRESH wrote:
Really, and what's your basis?

Basis for the FCC not existing? I'm a libertarian, and I don't believe the federal government should be deciding what is good and what isn't for all the different constituencies.

I agree, but why make drugs Illegal if that's the case?

I'm all for drugs being decriminalized.

WhY?

Because I believe that each person is responsible for their own decisions. If I want to fuck up my own life, I shouldn't have the government tell me I'm not allowed to.

Thu Nov 11, 2004 12:43 am
Forum General

lovemerox wrote:
Krem wrote:
BOYFRESH wrote:
Krem wrote:
BOYFRESH wrote:

Basis for the FCC not existing? I'm a libertarian, and I don't believe the federal government should be deciding what is good and what isn't for all the different constituencies.

WhY?

Because I believe that each person is responsible for their own decisions. If I want to fuck up my own life, I shouldn't have the government tell me I'm not allowed to.

Just because someone does drugs, dosent mean they want to "fuck up their lives" alot of people become addicted, and loose control.

Thu Nov 11, 2004 12:45 am
Krem wrote:
lovemerox wrote:
Krem wrote:
BOYFRESH wrote:
Krem wrote:
BOYFRESH wrote:

WhY?

Just because someone does drugs, dosent mean they want to "fuck up their lives" alot of people become addicted, and loose control.

If you don't want to become addicted - don't do drugs.

Thu Nov 11, 2004 12:46 am
rustiphica

Addicts have a low will. Not sure how to say it. I've done some hard drugs and I've never became an addict. I know how to use self control but the problem is people out there just don't know that. People just need to learn more about themselves before they go into stuff like that.

Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:04 am
Forum General

lovemerox wrote:
Krem wrote:
lovemerox wrote:
Krem wrote:
BOYFRESH wrote:
Krem wrote:
BOYFRESH wrote:

WhY?

If you don't want to become addicted - don't do drugs.

It's not that easy Krem. Maybe I am biased because I have a mother who is alcoholic, and as a result has major brain damage and is currently homeless, I also have a few family members who are drug addicts, and I have watched these drugs take over and kill their lives.
Everyone isnt as "immune" to drugs as you.
Your social enviroment also has alot do to with whether or not you ever do drugs.

Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:40 am

It's not that easy Krem. Maybe I am biased because I have a mother who is alcoholic, and as a result has major brain damage and is currently homeless, I also have a few family members who are drug addicts, and I have watched these drugs take over and kill their lives.
Your social enviroment also has alot do to with whether or not you ever do drugs.

The drugs being banned did nothing to help your family members, did it?

Look, it's unfortunate that some people become addicts, but there's nothing out there to stop them. Meanwhile, people are being sent to jail for using drugs.

Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:46 am
Forum General

lovemerox wrote:

Look, it's unfortunate that some people become addicts, but there's nothing out there to stop them. Meanwhile, people are being sent to jail for using drugs.

NO it didnt, but im saying, if all drugs were very esay to get,I think we would have alot more addicts.
Don't get me wrong. I think our drug laws are WAY WAY to strict...especially on weed. I think the penalities should be reduced a bit, but I think taking away all the laws all together is a bad idea.
The fact that you can go to jail for years and years for smoking weed IS ridiculous but....

Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:50 am
Krem wrote:
lovemerox wrote:

NO it didnt, but im saying, if all drugs were very esay to get,I think we would have alot more addicts.
Don't get me wrong. I think our drug laws are WAY WAY to strict...especially on weed. I think the penalities should be reduced a bit, but I think taking away all the laws all together is a bad idea.
The fact that you can go to jail for years and years for smoking weed IS ridiculous but....

There was a time when we didn't have any laws about drugs, and they were sold in drug stores around the country. We weren't a nation of addicts then.

Again, I believe that whatever you want to do to yourself, you should be allowed to do.

Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:55 am
Forum General

lovemerox wrote:
Krem wrote:
lovemerox wrote:

There was a time when we didn't have any laws about drugs, and they were sold in drug stores around the country. We weren't a nation of addicts then.

Again, I believe that whatever you want to do to yourself, you should be allowed to do.

So you do you think that we SHOULDNT help those who are suicidal? Those who are suffering from depression and want to cut themselves. Should noone intervene, and try to get this certain individual professional help?
If your mother, friend...ect were standing right in front of you with a gun to their head, would you try and talk them out of it or would you just say" I beleive whatever you want to do to yourself you should be allowed to do?"

Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:59 am

So you do you think that we SHOULDNT help those who are suicidal? Those who are suffering from depression and want to cut themselves. Should noone intervene, and try to get this certain individual professional help?
If your mother, friend...ect were standing right in front of you with a gun to their head, would you try and talk them out of it or would you just say" I beleive whatever you want to do to yourself you should be allowed to do?"

Family, friends, onlookers should most definitely intervene, but not the government.

Thu Nov 11, 2004 2:02 am
Forum General

lovemerox wrote:

Family, friends, onlookers should most definitely intervene, but not the government.

How do you think these social service agencies stay in buisness?

Thu Nov 11, 2004 2:09 am
Top Poster

Changed the title slightly to open up the conversation :D

Lovemerox I have to side with krem on the drug issue, while they're are many reasons to help people. I think we all have a responsiblity to rule our own lives.

Thu Nov 11, 2004 2:13 am
Forum General

Lovemerox I have to side with krem on the drug issue, while they're are many reasons to help people. I think we all have a responsiblity to rule our own lives.

So do you think we should sell heroin at the local supermarket?

Thu Nov 11, 2004 2:29 am
Top Poster

BOYFRESH wrote:

So do you think we should sell heroin at the local supermarket?

Not as an open purchase, but yes if it is regulated like cigarettes or like the ingredients for crystal meth.

Thu Nov 11, 2004 2:39 am
The Greatest Avenger EVER

Krem wrote:
lovemerox wrote:

But is right.. The fact that you can go to jail for a extended length of time for smoking God's Green Earth VS Joe Blow Child Molestor who get's a prison term of 2 years and out in 6 Months for good behavior or overcrowded prisons is complete and utter bullshit to the Nth degree.. :lol: Makes me want to spark one up right now just based on how half ass the patttern of thinking is within our Government.. As a matter of fact, it's the most misaligned pattern of thinking I've ever seen.. I say they should Legalize Pot to where you can grow your own delicious Hydro Green for personal consumption and be able to carry up to 30 grams without any problem, without any jail time.. Fat chance of it happening though, especially in the State of MO..

This kills TDKR At the box office next summer.. Get used to this

Thu Nov 11, 2004 3:06 am
Profile WWW
Krem wrote:
lovemerox wrote:

Any way they want to, without the government funding. You'd be surprised what free market is capable of.

Thu Nov 11, 2004 11:09 am
A very honest-hearted fellow

I think they stay in buisness through the coercive power of the government. They take from my pocket and give to someone else.

BTW, if ABC has such a problem with the FCC, why dont they go to cable or satelite so that they arent regulated?

Thu Nov 11, 2004 2:38 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2