Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 11:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2271 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 91  Next
 Last game you played? 

Which is your favorite Mario game?
Super Mario Bros 9%  9%  [ 1 ]
Super Mario Bros 3 9%  9%  [ 1 ]
Super Mario World 18%  18%  [ 2 ]
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario 64 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Mario RPG 18%  18%  [ 2 ]
Mario Kart 64 (or others) 27%  27%  [ 3 ]
Mario Party (or others) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Paper Mario (original or Thousand Year Door) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Sunshine 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Mario Kart: Double Dash 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Galaxy 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Galaxy 2 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Odyssey 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other 18%  18%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 11

Last game you played? 
Team Kris

Post Re: Last game you played?
El Murato wrote:
Marvel Alliance 2- Interesting story involving the civil war between Iron Man and Captain America. Too bad that segment of that story only last 3-4hrs. The game itself is only 10 hours long for the main missions.

I picked that game up. Question: Do you eventually get to choose if you are pro- or anti-registration?

Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:09 pm
Arrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh!

Christian wrote:
El Murato wrote:
Marvel Alliance 2- Interesting story involving the civil war between Iron Man and Captain America. Too bad that segment of that story only last 3-4hrs. The game itself is only 10 hours long for the main missions.

I picked that game up. Question: Do you eventually get to choose if you are pro- or anti-registration?

yes. You will be able to tell when they tell you that something is about to happen and you will need to save the game. I went with anti-registration and fought alot of SHIELD and Iron Man allies

Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:24 am
Undisputed WoKJ DVD King

Batman: Arkham Asylum - Enjoying this one so far. It paints a good atmosphere and seems to use the Batman universe VERY well. The comabt is good, and I actually kind of enjoy the stealth parts as there appears to be a lot of ways to mess with the bad guys. There are times where it is a slight bit too puzzle-ish for my taste (detective mode, explode wall, find grapple spot, hit switches with batarang, trace tobacco/liquor scent, etc...), but it's very good so far.

Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:43 pm
Undisputed WoKJ DVD King

NBA 2K10 - Only played 3 games so far, but the commentary and presentation are much improved. The commentary is really astounding now... they remember things that happen way ealier, talk about upcoming and past games, make remarks about your schedule and tons of player specific commentary. Quite amazing in that respect.

They also upped the presentation with a lot of stat overlays (something really lacking in previous editions). Pre-game, halftime, and post-game are still the weak spot, though. NFL 2K5 had amazing features in that area... how come we're 5 years later and they can't get their NBA game up to that level?

Gameplay and graphics feel pretty similar to 2K9. There are a few tweaks to controls that are taking me time to get used to. All in all, it's definitely a step forward from 2k9 (which I loved)... not a massive leap, but a good step forward.

Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:19 am

Uncharted 2

Its a good game but like Metal Gear Solid, Gears of War, and Arkham Asylum, I dont think its like A+ material like critics make it out to be. By saying that I have become the Roger Ebert of gaming. It has top notch graphics but sort of bombarded with too many cutscenes. I do like the fluid mechanics of the game. I think its probably a game that Tony would enjoy since its a blend of puzzles, shoot em up, stealth and platforming. If I were to give a grade, its probably in the A-/B+ range

Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:48 am
Undisputed WoKJ DVD King

El Murato wrote:
Uncharted 2

Its a good game but like Metal Gear Solid, Gears of War, and Arkham Asylum, I dont think its like A+ material like critics make it out to be. By saying that I have become the Roger Ebert of gaming. It has top notch graphics but sort of bombarded with too many cutscenes. I do like the fluid mechanics of the game. I think its probably a game that Tony would enjoy since its a blend of puzzles, shoot em up, stealth and platforming. If I were to give a grade, its probably in the A-/B+ range

I have always been mildly curious about Uncharted. Probably more than any other PS3 game.

But, I generally don't like puzzle-y games. I have to really like other things about the game to overlook the puzzle elements. Tomb Raider is one of the few puzzle heavy games that I really like... it just works for that game. Since Uncharted sounds so similar to TR, I might be ok with it there.

Oh, and I agree with you on GoW and Batman... both were A-'s in my book... not quite the game they were hyped to be.

Oh... does Uncharted have a lot of boss battles? I don't like boss battles and I'm getting to like them less each year. I wish games would just steadily progress with harder battles and situations without having to throw a 50 foot 'roid filled boss at me every so often (I'm looking at you Batman.... :mad: )

Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:02 am

No real Boss characters except for that russian guy towards the end. The graphics and cinematography looks very nice and fluid.Its probably the second best in graphics after Bioshock. If only they implement that same engine with other open ended free roaming game then you would seriously have a kickass game. For the type of adventure-action game it is, its actually pretty good. I havent tried online play yet but the combat system is very similiar to GOW with the duck cover, shoot and run mode. I may bump it up to an A

Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:01 pm

Demon's Souls (PS3)

Fun rpg stylish game thats a combination of Diablo, Gauntlet and Oblivion. Im surprised that it was made a japanese company since the art style is very western. The animation and combat is very smooth but I have a huge complaint over its respawn point when you die since theres no manual save option for the game like Dead Rising. If you die you lose your money unless you want reach your body but then you have to tackle all the monsters again in order to reach it. I think the reviews got the term "hard difficulty" to tedious corpse recovery. Other than that its one of my top 5 games of the year. I think Nazgul may like the game if he plans on getting a PS3

Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:54 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

I've heard good things about Demon's Souls. If I ever purchased a PS3, I'd probably pick it up.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:40 pm
Profile WWW

したい wrote:
I've heard good things about Demon's Souls. If I ever purchased a PS3, I'd probably pick it up.

You should. I need a co-op partner for the game. Some levels are hard and I could always use another person to help out

Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:45 pm

Brutal Legend.

Definately one of the weirdest (I believe japan have much weirder) thats ever been made and its quite alot of fun. Its definately an ode to metal and if you have no longer at all about it, alot of the humor would go through your head or even if you have a huge disdain for those glam hair bands, you will definately find alot of moments funny. Hell you have sellout head bangers that look exactly like members from Poison and Warrant that you get to kill. You even have to look for an arch nemesis thats called Lion White. As for the gameplay, its very similiar to Overlord in a way that you control your head banging minions. Play some powercords next to them and they rally behind you. The game is open ended and free roaming sort of like Bully. Im doing some of the sidemissions since I heard the main mission was quite short. Still I think it maybe my favorite game of the year. It doesnt have the greatest graphics or animation but I do love the gameplay alot

Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:15 pm
Extraordinary

El Murato wrote:
I think Nazgul may like the game if he plans on getting a PS3

Dunno about that. It looks good, visually i mean, atmospheric, but what i've heard about it (almost no narrative, the way multiplayer is implemented and losing stuff on death) is putting me off.

Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:12 pm
problem?

I'm currently playing through the holy trinity of survival horror video games, Silent Hill 1 - 3. I'm nearly done with the first Silent Hill. After becoming use to PS2/PS3 controllers, 360 controllers, etc, it's so hard going to back to Playstation 1 controls. So shitty. I can't wait to move onto SH2 and SH3.

But I am glad I'm going through SH1. It's been about four years since I played it, and it's good to play it now since the Wii remake of SH1 will be coming out soon, to be able to compare.

Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:09 pm
Undisputed WoKJ DVD King

Let me know if Silent Hill 2 still holds up well with time. If it is Xbox 360 backwards compatible, I just might dust it off again and give it a spin.

NBA 2K10... been playing a bunch more of this. I really like the "my player" feature where you take a person from the summer league to the NBA training camp, to the d-league, and then to the NBA. But, it needs a lot of fine tuning in future years.

I got stuck in the d-league for 25 games before I got called up to the NBA (the Charlotte Bobcats wanted me...). I was the #1 scorer for my d-league team by far, but never was a starter. All in all, I had to play about 45 games, including summer league, d-league, and NBA training camp, before I made it to the NBA.

It's very vague on what you need to do to advance after you reach the d-league, and I've heard of people being stuck in the d-league for 80 or more games, and some that never made it out. That might be "realistic", but it's tedious and frustrating.

However, let me tell you... it was quite a sense of accomplishment when you actually get called up to the NBA and your player gets out on the floor after riding the pine. The commentators talk about you making your first career NBA appearance, and also remark on your first NBA points when you get them. In the end it gives a good feeling of having accomplished something, and feels pretty special when you reach the big stage.

I hope they keep this mode in the future, but streamline it a little.

Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:30 pm
problem?

I beat Silent Hill 1 yesterday. It feels dated, especially with its Playstation 1 controls. It's more than 10 years old now, so I suppose it should feel dated. It's still a goodish game, but I've played so many survival horror games since the first time I played SH1 back in 2000, it doesn't hold up too well. It's not as OMGZ as it was when I was 12. Silent Hill 2 and 3 are where the series is at, anyway. I'll be starting SH2 soon.

I bought Mirror's Edge today for $19.99 brand new. But I won't be playing it right now because I actually got into a GTA mood and began playing GTAIV. I'm gonna try to beat the game. I'm about to do the Undertaker mission.

Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:00 pm
Undisputed WoKJ DVD King

A Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian - 1000 very easy points in less than 3 hours (can be done in 2, if you try hard enough). In that regard, I'd love to give it an A+. As a game, though... it's a standard movie tie in game, no better. However, it is so short that it never overstays its welcome. Most movie games stretch out average or poor gameplay for at least 8 hours, which makes it that much more tedious. So, in the end, the short length is a positive. Grade: C- (a very generous C-, just for the easy points and short length).

Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:56 pm
problem?

GTA IV's lack of waypoints during a mission is horribly annoying. When you die you have to start the whole thing over. The way it's done in Saints Row 1 and 2 is fantastic. I hope Rockstar rips them off in future GTAs.

Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:20 pm
problem?

Just defeated Grand Theft Auto IV. I took the 'Revenge' path.

This was my first time to beat a GTA game. I got far in Vice City, but never quite defeated it. And San Andreas, well, I kinda stopped doing the missions an hour in and just started running people over and trying to make jumps.

I liked GTA IV. It was good. Not great. I'd give it a B+, maybe.

I'm looking at getting the combo disc pack of The Lost and the Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony when it comes out next week, but I've a question. I see you're a motorcycle gang in TLaD, and motorcycle missions in GTA IV were my least favorite. I would always stop and try to get a car. Did they repair the horrible motorcycle controls? And is there a checkpoint system during missions? A yes to these questions will probably result in me getting the GTA: Episodes from Liberty City disc next week.

Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:07 pm
Extraordinary

As far as motorcycles go in TLaD, i've read that you no longer fall off that easily, so it should be easier than in the main game.

Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:29 am

You dont get your bike repaired. If you need a new bike, you use your cellphone to call one of your buddies to send you a new one. Theres also a perk that gets you healed up by using biker formation

Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:46 am
Undisputed WoKJ DVD King

Thankfully, TLAD does have a checkpoint system with the missions. That was by far the worst thing about GTAIV... drive for 5 minutes across the map, fail the mission near the end of it, and then have to start all over again, including the 20 minute drive to the mission. :mad:

I think Rockstar thought it was being innovative by making alternate conversations during the 5 minute drive to the mission, but it was so incredibly tedious, especially if you fail a mission 3 or 4 times.

Speaking of sandbox games, I "completed" Wheelman.... what a B-level sandbox game! It's amazing what the difference between a Wheelman and GTA is. I got so tired of Wheelman, that I gave up and decided not to complete the last couple missions. That game went downhill fast.

Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:31 pm
College Boy Z

I've been playing through Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, and it kicks ass. It's better than the first so far, especially with the addition of online multiplier - which is surprisingly solid.

Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:56 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
-Very fun game. Surely the favorite to win many GOTY awards. The beginning of the game must be one of the most intense in recent years. Only complaint is a minor one: I wish you could climb a ladder by simply walking up to it, not by hitting X.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:07 pm
Profile WWW
Undisputed WoKJ DVD King

X-Men Wolverine - I gave this a whirl because I heard it was fantastic. It's not. Not that it's bad, but it definitely is far from fantastic. The combat is smooth and decent, and definitely the highlight, but the game is repetitive, has some graphical issues (framerate problems), and the few platforming aspects are terrible. To top it off, it features that generic Gears of War-lite graphical engine that every game seems to have these days... I'm getting tired of that. Oh, and the story is boring. I'm confused as to what the fuss was about. It's a C or C+ at best, and it's struggling to keep my interest.

Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:50 pm
Extraordinary

Playing Dragon Age. Fun so far, great graphics and voice acting. Kind of traditional and predictable plotlines though.

Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:54 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2271 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 91  Next