Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 2270 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63 ... 91  Next
 Last game you played? 

Which is your favorite Mario game?
Super Mario Bros 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Super Mario Bros 3 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Super Mario World 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario 64 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Mario RPG 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Mario Kart 64 (or others) 30%  30%  [ 3 ]
Mario Party (or others) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Paper Mario (original or Thousand Year Door) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Sunshine 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Mario Kart: Double Dash 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Galaxy 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Galaxy 2 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Odyssey 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 10

Last game you played? 
Don't Dream It, Be It

Post Re: Last game you played?
Read that Game Freak outsourced the Diamond/Pearl remakes so they could focus on Legends. I could be wrong, but I think this will be the first time a main series release (which includes any past remakes) isn't being developed by them.

You might be disappointed in Diamond/Pearl if you played a lot of Platinum. Platinum added a lot to the gen, such as the underground, that really added to its replay value both during and after the main story. But while nothing in the trailer indicated anything beyond a traditional remake, I'd be surprised if some elements of Platinum or something new isn't added to them.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:36 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Rumors have New Nintendo Switch out by Christmas with 4K display, but far more importantly an OLED screen for mobile. I was very worried it would just be the former, and like the Lite that would mean that it wasn’t a Switch at all. I definitely would not have bought a TV only Switch Pro, but this one is a Strong Maybe.

Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:18 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

If it turns out to be true (been rumored for a solid 2-years now), I'll get it because they'll almost certainly develop some key games (BOTW2, Pokémon Legends, likely Prime 4, etc.) that play much better on it.

Similar to how some games were developed to only play on the New 3DS. Although I'm sure they'll make sure future games can also work on the original Switch too given it'll have an install base likely around 100 million by the end of the year, and many of the major first-party titles/exclusives are selling over 20 million copies and have now begun to break 30 million. 10 million will soon become the "minimum" figure that any future major first-party/exclusive game can be expected to sell.

Don't want to get too off topic, by the Switch will probably end up having 1/4 or even 1/3 of all video games in history that have sold more than 20 million copies.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:57 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair is a terrific platformer. Gives me Tropical Freeze vibes but with a more dynamic overworld. Probably my favorite discovery on Game Pass so far, though obviously Halo and Banjo have more historical significance.

Speaking of Game Pass, Outriders on Day One is pretty huge. That game was going to flop hard and now everyone is talking about it. Publishers will take notice. Alongside the Bethesda drop, Game Pass is just dominating the news. Ratchet and Clank will remind everyone why they got a PS5, but that is still three months away.

Also enjoying my second go through of Crash 4 alot more. The 60FPS help, but I also switched to Modern Mode which doesn’t use limited lives. I wanted the classic Crash back, but the levels are just so long and I was sick of getting stressed about Wompa Fruit lol. Definitely fits the style of the game alot better.

Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:16 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Been tempted to buy Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair in the past. Didn't know it was on Game Pass though.

Game Pass does continue to get better and better. Just read that Octopath Traveler, which just launched on Microsoft platforms, is also on Game Pass! Been very tempted to buy this one many times, but the price has always kept me away.

Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:55 am
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

The Super Mario 3D All-Star price creep has begun! Copies have begun to sell in the $70/80 range just one-day after it became unavailable (remember: the digital version was also discontinued). Some are MUCH higher, but seems like there is currently a fair amount available right now in the $70/80 range, but some listings do say "almost gone."

I know Flava'd has it, but if anyone else here was interested in it and still doesn't, you may want to visit your local retailers to see if they still have it before prices do become ridiculous. Once the copies still on shelves and reseller stock does run low/out, those asking prices in the many hundreds and thousands will probably become the norm.

Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:53 pm
Profile WWW

The last game played by me was Sekiro, but after so many attempts on a boss without success, made me to give up on this game. From the start is was interesting, until I met the 2nd boss, it was such a pain. I came back to World of Warcraft, because this is the game which I like and play better the all other games. I lost a bit of time trying some other games, so my gear was so bad for raiding and I got a wow boosting service to get some new pieces and make my legendary bracers.

Last edited by Elsiel on Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:07 am
The Kramer

MLB The Show 21, which was a Playstation exclusive franchise up until now, will launch Day One on Gamepass. How in the world did they pull that one off? I might have to swap my Smolbox for a Big Boi before the end of this gen.

I started up Dragon Quest 11. I like it so far (about 3 hours in.) Dunno if I’ll be able to go 100 hours, or however long it will take, but the story seems like a good one.

The Impossible Lair, the final level of Yooka 2, is living up to its reputation. Even with 42/48 Beetallion guards (shields basically) I have only been able to make it halfway through!

I did finally conquer Crash 4 though! Those last few levels were so hard but also so crazy and interesting. Also looked and played so well on the PS5.

Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:09 pm
The Kramer

Corpse wrote:
The Super Mario 3D All-Star price creep has begun! Copies have begun to sell in the $70/80 range just one-day after it became unavailable (remember: the digital version was also discontinued). Some are MUCH higher, but seems like there is currently a fair amount available right now in the $70/80 range, but some listings do say "almost gone."

I know Flava'd has it, but if anyone else here was interested in it and still doesn't, you may want to visit your local retailers to see if they still have it before prices do become ridiculous. Once the copies still on shelves and reseller stock does run low/out, those asking prices in the many hundreds and thousands will probably become the norm.
It will probably be worth over $100 by the time I get back to Sunshine. :funny:

I kinda regret missing out on Fire Emblem, but they've been putting new ones out a pretty steady pace since Awakening so I'll just wait.

Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:16 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

GamePass certainly is on a different level right now. Glad you're enjoying Dragon Quest XI. It's a long game, and takes maybe 5-10 hours before taking off and gaining the other party members to mix up the battles. I'd recommend spending at least a little bit of time grinding in the dungeons (or just do a few extra battles while traveling from place to place) before taking on the final bosses in them.

I want to get into something new that will take up a lot of time. Been contemplating Monster Hunter Rise, but I don't know. I *like* Monster Hunter (played Tri and Generations), but I got sort of tired of them rather early on. I do still need to play Paper Mario: The Origami King, so maybe I'll finally pick it up.

Also want to play Assassin's Creed: Valhalla, but want to play it on the Series S/X. Hopefully they'll be easier to find come summer.

Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:07 pm
Profile WWW
Veteran

I finally beat Zelda: Breathe of the Wild after four years of intermittent play. One of the best games of all time. Wow! Now onto Mario Odyssey.

I was blind, but now I see.

Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:59 pm
Angels & Demons

Been playing a boatload of games, but been very invested in Slay the Spire and Binding of Isaac Rebirth.

Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:19 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

New Pokémon Snap next week!

I've been avoiding reading too much about it, but there are reportedly over 200 Pokémon, branching paths, and day cycles!

Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:45 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Debating if I want to get Snap right away or wait until after I finish Resident Evil VIIlage, which comes out May 8. Will probably depend on reviews

Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:05 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Snap will probably be short. Not as short as the original, but I'd be surprised if it takes more than a dozen hours or so to "complete" the game. If you're mostly looking to beat it, a two-week window before Resident Evil is probably enough time.

Resident Evil Village to me seems like the most hyped release in the franchise in quite some time. Hope it delivers. If reviews are great, I may consider picking it up at some point. Haven't played a game in the series since 4 though.

Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:52 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Check out 7 first. You could probably find it for 10-15 if its not on Game Pass. It was basically a reboot of the series, switching to a first person pov to bring back the horror elements the previous few had abandoned. VIIlage is a direct sequel too (unless you wound up with Ending B like I did lol.)

I’m a recent convert to the series, but have loved playing 7, 4 and the remake of 2 over the last few years.

Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:22 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

I'll look into 7.

So... Nintendo randomly added ONLINE PLAY(!!!) to Super Mario Party after over 2 years in release and no updates since launch.

Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:50 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Reviews are great for New Pokémon Snap. 80 on MC with 43 reviews already. Wasn't expecting bad reviews, but figured the consensus would be "good enough" and something like "enjoyable new entry to the original favorite, but too similar with little effort made to expand on the original's concept."

Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:34 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Corpse wrote:
Reviews are great for New Pokémon Snap. 80 on MC with 43 reviews already. Wasn't expecting bad reviews, but figured the consensus would be "good enough" and something like "enjoyable new entry to the original favorite, but too similar with little effort made to expand on the original's concept."
Yes! And Returnal is getting strong reviews as well!

Though its so weird to me that I haven’t bought a new release since the PS5 launched with Miles Morales and Demon Souls, but now we have Snap 2, Returnal, VIIlage and the Mass Effect remaster all in a span of 3 weeks and they all look great. :wacko:

Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:03 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Definitely addicted to New Pokémon Snap. The basic formula is unchanged, which is great really considering the original is still fun, but literally every thing else is vastly improved upon.

The biggest difference is that redoing the same course rarely feels like you're playing the same course over again for many reasons. The courses all have multiple levels that feature different Pokémon and things to interact with. And each course also has different paths in addition to changes in the course (and different Pokémon) during the Day and Night depending on the chosen level of each individual course. And the Pokémon themselves are much more animated and free moving that you wind up with a lot more variation to the pictures versus just trying to get the best shot possible at a particular time. And having every Pokémon species divided into 4 different rating categories takes all of this and multiplies it by 4, really. Also, the challenges of capturing certain interactions (that you have to figure out how to make happen) for the NPCs makes replaying the courses yet another benefit.

I have played a lot since Friday (in-game playtime says 18 hours--don't judge me), and I know there's still some secrets still to be discovered in all the courses I've played so far. (Don't even think I've unlocked half the courses yet given I have 73 Pokémon registered out of a reported 200+.)

Mon May 03, 2021 11:23 am
Profile WWW
100% That Bitch

Breath of the wild.

Oh my god I can't believe how far off the main story I'm going but I'm obsessed with finding kologs now.

I am in love with this game

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sat May 08, 2021 4:07 pm
The Kramer

VIIlage living up my expectations so far. More action than Biohazard (you get a shotgun earlier than usual), but still very scary. The first person makes it so intense. I’d rather get a remake of the first one with this engine than the remake of 4, even though that one is my favorite.

Children of Morta - great game! The roguelite genre has been gaining favor with me for awhile but Hades, Slay the Spire and Morta have confirmed it as one of the best. I hope Returnal sells well (I’ll get it later in the summer!) so more big studios take a chance on this type of game.

Wed May 12, 2021 12:12 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Rockstar releasing re-re-re-mastered versions of GTA V on PS5 and Xbox X/S this November. :lol:

I know it's still one of the best sellers every week 8 years later (e.g. currently #48 for the PS4, and #22 for Xbox One on Amazon), outselling many new titles even to this day, but sheesh.

Tue May 18, 2021 2:29 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

GTA Online has 'ruined' Rockstar. Red Dead 2 was amazing obviously, but they only put out one game per generation now because the damn whales keep giving them more money for the damn shark cards than they would make with GTA6 or ... *gasp* a new IP.

Thank goodness Fallout 76 bombed so hard. Bethesda already takes ages to make games, but we would never see Starfield or Elder Scrolls 6 if they could just milk an online game for the rest of eternuty.

Tue May 18, 2021 2:34 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

I didn't realize the shark cards are such big sellers, too. I knew they sold well, of course, but their sales ranks are very impressive. And that's just from looking at retailers. I only imagine they sell even better on PSN and Xbox Live, too.

Tue May 18, 2021 2:42 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2270 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63 ... 91  Next