Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2269 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 91  Next
 Last game you played? 

Which is your favorite Mario game?
Super Mario Bros 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Super Mario Bros 3 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Super Mario World 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario 64 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Mario RPG 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Mario Kart 64 (or others) 30%  30%  [ 3 ]
Mario Party (or others) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Paper Mario (original or Thousand Year Door) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Sunshine 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Mario Kart: Double Dash 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Galaxy 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Galaxy 2 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Odyssey 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 10

Last game you played? 
Indiana Jones IV

Post Re: Last game you played?
When it comes to consoles, it's Nintendo and Playstation for me, simply because both offer me exclusives that I actually care for. Nintendo has its own IP's that I love (Mario, Zelda, Animal Crossing, Pokemon) and Playstation has (or had) exclusives like Uncharted, Infamous, Spider-Man, etc.

For the coming gen, I am without a doubt going to get a Playstation for the simple fact that it will have the Miles Morales Spider-Man game on it. Microsoft has just continuously failed to put out any console-selling games for me.

Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:51 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

For those interested in a physical copy of Super Mario 3D All-Stars, you might want to pre-order ASAP if you're able to. Pre-orders are no longer available on Amazon, so I'd expect others to follow in the coming days as demand due to the limited availability, and scalpers doing their thing, are likely going to make getting a physical copy pretty difficult.

Of course, going to a retailer early on launch day will probably get you one, but after the first day or so, it'll probably be hard to find in stores as well for the same reasons. This is a scalpers dream scenario.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:59 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Microsoft is making it very difficult to leave them and switch to Sony as my secondary console.

Their All Access Program allows you to get the Series X or Series S console along with Game Pass Ultimate (Live Gold, Game Pass, and soon-to-be-included EA Play) for $35 or $25 a month, respectively, for two-years, even saving you either $60 or $20 over those two-years. I also just found out that my Xbox One controllers will work on Series X/S (and vice-versa, if need be). And while I don't have any Xbox or Xbox 360 games (besides what's on Rare Replay), it's going to be backward compatible with all of them and enhance/upscale them, unless I'm mistaken.

I know, it's still all about the games and I agree 100%. I ended up wishing I chose the PS4 over the Xbox One. I own no first-party game for it, and there are a number of exclusives on PS4 I want to play. But keep in mind, I don't own any PS4 games or controllers, so I'd have to invest in accessories and double-dip any current-gen games I'd want to upscale, essentially starting over. I just wish Microsoft had a better first-party library to choose from so that I don't "regret" choosing them again.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:53 pm
Profile WWW
100% That Bitch

So I finally got the switch and currently playing Pokemon Sword cuz as a top no way in hell I'd ever play defense.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:41 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Just started Assassin's Creed Origins. Ubisoft is having a huge digital sale right now (-75/80% off), and I got it for $12. Just four hours in, and I'm really enjoying it. Still in the first area, not rushing things as I like to explore places forever. Definitely seems like they've taken the series in more of an open-world adventure approach than what I remembered (good thing for me), but maybe that's just due to being a current-gen title.

I played some of the first AC and its sequel back in the day, but I haven't played an AC game since Black Flag, and even then, it was just for a few hours since I borrowed it from a friend. So I'm largely a noob to this franchise.

Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:23 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Origins is great. It had my favorite setting and I like the Dark Soulsy combat.

My rankings would be:

A/A-
Black Flag
Brotherhood (loved the multiplayer on this one too)
Origins

B+/B
Revelations

C/C-
Odyssey (Kassandra is cool but this one is trying too hard to be Witcher 3. You cant even get one hit assassinations.)
Unity

I only played like 2 hours of Syndicate before getting bored.

Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:42 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Interesting that you rank Odyssey much lower than Origins. I've enjoyed Origins enough that I'm considering getting Odyssey while it's on sale (or on Black Friday if I miss the digital sale), because from what I've read it's basically more of the same with added RPG elements and a larger map that is bloated with lackluster side-quests.

Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:10 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Nintendo is ending production on the 3DS family of console, almost 10-years since launch. Definitely one of my favorite systems (aside from the launch model), and it has a spectacular library of games.

The 3DS also has the best, and largest, selection of model designs, and not just different colors or skins either. I own a Pikachu New 2DS XL that features a raised nose and cheeks on the top cover.

The New 2DS XL was my favorite model. It had the large screens of the 3DS XL, but wasn't as heavy (doing away with the so-so 3D feature) due to its sleeker design. My 2DS XL also has firmer buttons than my 3DS XL, which is nice.

Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:55 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Weird time for Nintendo to drop a Direct, but had some good news. Disgaea 6 is the big one- love that series though I will more likely get it on PS5.

And Hades is out TODAY? Are you kidding me Nintendo? I’ve already dropped $560+ tax on games this week and you hit me with one of my most anticipated out of nowhere. :funny:

Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:37 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Buying Hades. Might be a bit before I actually play it though, unless it's the type of game where 30-minute spurts are enjoyable.

Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:09 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Hades is incredible! I wasn’t able to beat Meg in my first sesh (hourish) but that bitch is going down later tonight. Only $20 too!

Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:51 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Yeah, Hades is very fun and addicting. The combat is simple, but has enough depth to allow for just enough strategy. The art is great. The writing and dialogue is very enjoyable, too, which I appreciate. And the music, which I'm going to look up, sounded great (just a bit difficult to pay attention to in the midst of the fighting). Everything about it is great. Excellent (mostly) blind purchase.

I played 2-3 hours when I only planned to play for a half-hour to an hour. I've battled Meg twice now and have lost both times. First time was with the bow, and got her down to about 1/3 health. Second time was with the shield (favorite of the three weapons I have so far), and got her down to about a little under half (stupid spike traps...).

Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:16 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

I hate the spike traps!! totally agree on the Shield though. Charging with it is very fun.

Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:33 pm
The Kramer

Got her. :) shield bash is awesome.

Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:57 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Nice. Hopefully I can say the same later today. :funny:

Supergiant Games uploaded the entire soundtrack yesterday to their YouTube channel, ad-free!:

I've listened to an hour of it so far. Strong Middle Eastern influences, clearly, with some metal thrown in. Some of the tracks feature vocals as well.

Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:01 am
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

I defeated Meg on my fifth attempt using the bow (now my favorite). Tried out the spear, but I wasn't really feeling it. You have to remain stationary to really utilize it, which is a big disadvantage I feel.

I thought I was going to die in the next chamber or two following Meg's defeat, having survived with 13 health, but thanks to encountering Charon shortly after, I actually managed to make it all the way to what I'm guessing is the next area boss,
Spoiler: show
the Hydra
. And if I only had some more health (went in with 32/75), I think I would have beaten him because I got it down to about half. That is, assuming it doesn't have a deadly phase closer to its defeat, which it probably does.

Which Gods' boons do you like the most? For me, I'm liking Dionysus the most so far due to his hangover effects. But being able to deflect attacks is also very useful, which I think is an Athena boon? I've only encountered her twice beyond the initial time, and one of them was a neat duo boon with one of the other Gods.

Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:17 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

The only boon that has stood out for me so far is Zeus’ chain lightning.

The spear is awesome for wrecking the trash mobs on the way to the bosses, but I could barely get half on Meg during or second encounter. Also I was hoping we wouldn't have to fight Meg every time haha.

Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:28 pm
The Kramer

Bone Hydra has been boned. :shades:

On a bow + Hangover run too. Good call. I still have my death defiance!

Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:59 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

I've beaten the Hydra twice so far. While a lot more is happening on the screen, I honestly think it's easier than Meg. Elysium is a lot more challenging. Can't hack and slash like you could in Tartarus or Asphodel as much, and the butterfly balls (the big, mini-boss one in particular) are very annoying. Haven't reached the end of Elysium yet.

Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:23 am
Profile WWW

I’ve currently gotten back into Civ VI what with their season pass and all

Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:50 pm
The Kramer

The third boss is tough. I thought I was doing well, but barely even shaved off 30% health. I don’t think it can be done with the bow. Might have to invest in the option to change weapons in between realms. If that is really a thing and am not something I am imagining. Though grinding darkness until I can afford the second Death Defiance is probably also a good strategy.

Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:28 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

I just got to the third boss. Dash, dash, dash! I lost. However, I did very well (using the bow, actually) and almost killed Theseus (he had to have 10% or less health) and the Minotaur had probably 25% remaining. I didn't die before reaching them, so I got the death defiance off in their battle which helped. Also, I was using Aphrodite's Weak boon which lowers enemy attacks by 30% while in effect. I think that was the biggest factor in my battle.

I've gotten the Titan's Blood with 3 weapons now, the Bow, Shield, and Spear. I'll try with the Sword on my next run, but I'm not too big on close combat, so we'll see how that goes. Deciding whether to use all these keys I've been saving to unlock the next weapon or upgrade the mirror.

Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:05 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Darth Indiana Bond wrote:
I’ve currently gotten back into Civ VI what with their season pass and all

My husband still plays Civ VI a good bit. Have you gotten all of the recent DLC? One of them messed the console versions up when they released, not allowing you to end your turn... I'm going to assume it's been patched by now though (hopefully).

Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:20 pm
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

Corpse wrote:
Just started Assassin's Creed Origins. Ubisoft is having a huge digital sale right now (-75/80% off), and I got it for $12. Just four hours in, and I'm really enjoying it. Still in the first area, not rushing things as I like to explore places forever. Definitely seems like they've taken the series in more of an open-world adventure approach than what I remembered (good thing for me), but maybe that's just due to being a current-gen title.

I played some of the first AC and its sequel back in the day, but I haven't played an AC game since Black Flag, and even then, it was just for a few hours since I borrowed it from a friend. So I'm largely a noob to this franchise.

I don't know if the sale is still happening, but the Ezio Collection might be worth a buy. It's not as open world as Origins by any stretch, but the various settings (Florence, Rome, Venice, Constantinople) were pretty and I think Ezio still holds up as the best AC protagonist.

Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:18 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Yeah, everything is still like 70-80% off until Tuesday. This includes all the season passes and extra DLC from what I can tell, too, if you or anyone else is interested before the sale is over.

Since Origins has been my first real time playing an AC game, I looked up a couple videos to help explain the story and... It's a bit convoluted to say the least.

Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:13 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2269 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 91  Next