Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 4649 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 186  Next
 The Biden era: The Establishment Strikes Back 

Should DP07 be temporarily banned for spamming?
Yes 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 0

The Biden era: The Establishment Strikes Back 
KJ's Leading Pundit

Post Re: Democratic Primary 2020
It blows my mind how many pissy pants "leftists" are willing to let Trump have 1-2 more SCOTUS seats just to say screw you to the "Dem establishment".

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:04 pm
Defeats all expectations

Chippy wrote:
Sanders is out.

Good run, Bernie!

Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:29 pm
Defeats all expectations

Chippy wrote:
It blows my mind how many pissy pants "leftists" are willing to let Trump have 1-2 more SCOTUS seats just to say screw you to the "Dem establishment".

The Republicans and their paid trolls are doing all they can to get the Democrats to argue with each other and stop talking about their failings. Using pejoratives won't help to convince people.

Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:40 pm
Defeats all expectations

VP picks:

Stacey Abrams
Kamala Harris
Amy Kobuchar
Elizabeth Warren
Katie Porter
Tulsi Gabbard
Tammy Baldwin

Who else?

Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:44 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

Post Re: Democratic Primary 2020: On to the VP hunt
It's gotta be Abrams, right? Warren/Harris are too important in the Senate (with Warren hopefully being the new Majority Leader if it flips [oh god]).

Klobuchar I could see, but she's too weird. Tulsi is NO. No thank you.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:54 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

i.hope wrote:
Chippy wrote:

The Republicans and their paid trolls are doing all they can to get the Democrats to argue with each other and stop talking about their failings. Using pejoratives won't help to convince people.

Hey, just like Sanders supporters told Warren after she complained about online trolls... it's just the internet. It's not real life.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:55 pm
Defeats all expectations

Chippy wrote:
It's gotta be Abrams, right? Warren/Harris are too important in the Senate (with Warren hopefully being the new Majority Leader if it flips [oh god]).

Klobuchar I could see, but she's too weird. Tulsi is NO. No thank you.

Hopefully the VP pick will not be Tim Kaine-boring. Abrams is a good choice; her advocacy in voting rights issues should help win the support of everyday people. She also feels fresh to voters.

I want to see Warren challenge Schumer for Senate leadership.

Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:39 pm
Devil's Advocate

i.hope wrote:
VP picks:

Stacey Abrams
Kamala Harris
Amy Kobuchar
Elizabeth Warren
Katie Porter
Tulsi Gabbard
Tammy Baldwin

Who else?

Don’t forget Hillary :hahaha:

New enemy of the Republicans Gretchen Whitmer had one of the best betting odds after Abrams/Harris/Warren/Klobuchar who seem like the best picks.

At his age I think he should pick someone people would be ok with as president and not go off the board with someone like Val Demings (also has decent odds). I say Harris or Klobuchar.

Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:57 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Klobuchar or Whitmer.

Harris seems to get the most speculation, and might be the favorite, but Klobuchar and Whitmer just add more to the ticket in ways to win the electoral map.

Abrams just doesn't seem particularly interested in this lane of politics. I don't believe she's in this contest.

Warren is also a possibility. She's the go-to choice if a significant attempt is to be made of appealing to the left-wing of the party, but she may not be interested either. I like to believe she wants to make the effort of making real change, and the VP position isn't that job at her age.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:03 pm
Profile WWW
Superfreak

Trump won MI by .2% in 2016. Between his ridiculous recent feud with the state and Biden's ability to tout saving the auto industry, Biden should easily win Michigan if he pays attention to it. No need for the Governor.

i.hope wrote:
VP picks:

Stacey Abrams- lots of skill and would make Georgia even more in play but also little experience, which would get shredded by any critics, would give moderate odds. She should really be running for the senate in GA

Kamala Harris-lots of skill, fits of the bill of an attack-dog VP balancing out Biden's more Presidential vibe, doesn't come from a swing state though which is a negative. But would also be easily replaced in the senate by another Dem

Amy Kobuchar - lots of skill and midwestern appeal which could seal a Biden W in critical states like MI, WI, and PA. Doesn't balance ticket at all however

Elizabeth Warren- basically same as Kamala but with more experience; not sure it would be wise for the VP to clearly be brighter than the President

Katie Porter- too boring
Tulsi Gabbard - LOLOLOL
Tammy Baldwin-could lock up Wisconsin, but that about it

The Dems should forcing Abrams and Beto to run for the senate. Biden's picks should basically be Warren or Harris.

Warren has raw intelligence but is also polarizing. Yes, Warren may motivate some Dems who could use but she would be a turn-off to the voters who specifically avoided her and Bernie's political brand in favor of moderation. Everyone knows who she is. She is almost too big of a name for the spot.

Harris would seriously need to work on her communication and coming across more humble. But if she could do that, she could be a big impact player and just what the Biden campaign needs. Harris doesnt feel nearly as "mature" as Warren in a good way for this role.

I would bet Kamala is the pick and it is probably the best bet as well.

Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:09 pm
Superfreak

Cutting out all of the bullshit, I think we should generally expect Biden to over perform Hillary and Trump to underperform his 2016 numbers. To what extent is debatable, but those are likely to be the trends.

At a minimum, I think the odds are very strong with a scenario of Biden keeping all of Hillary's states and also winning PA (DT won .5%) MI (DT win by .2%), and WI (DT won by .7%)

If that happens, Biden is the winner with 278 electoral votes. Everything is gravy.

The bolded states were Trump victories in 2016. Polls show Biden currently leading DT in:

-Florida
-Ohio
-Michigan
-Pennsylvania
-Wisconsin

-Virginia
-North Carolina
-Arizona

-Nevada
-New Hampshire

This would give Biden a gargantuan 351 electoral votes

Biden is within the margin of error in:
-Texas
-South Carolina

Biden is also not far behind in Georgia. Winning all the bolded gives Biden an unimaginable electoral vote total of 414.

If Biden doesn't get arrogant, stays respectful to everyone, remains moderate on most issues other than the ones which are clearly swinging left ala healthcare, campaigns his heart out, gets Bernie and Obama on board, picks a reasonable person for VP...he has many, many paths to victory as things stand to day, and that is a fact of life. The President, on the other hand, appears to have some serious work to do.

Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:20 pm
Hold the door!

I Definitely think Clinton’s overall numbers will be more than Biden’s will be. No one seems to think Biden is anything other than “Not Trump”. Hillary has a much stronger personality and had the first woman president thing going for her. And she’s never been accused of sexual harassment.

Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:28 pm
100% That Bitch

Well Excel has guaranteed another Four years of the orange one

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:20 am
Arrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh!

Trump is pretty much hopeless on winning Michigan. Pennsylvania most likely will go to Biden. Florida is a real tossup and depends on how the people in Florida are perceiving Governor Desantis.

Desantis was so late in closing down beaches and issuing the stay-at home order. Not to mention the unemployment system in place makes it very hard for the Floridians to obtain unemployment benefits. Their so called 70 million dollar website crashed when close to half a million people tried to file unemployment.

Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:23 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

Bernie officially endorsed Biden.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:24 pm
Defeats all expectations

This time Bernie took the threats posed by Trump more seriously.

Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:15 pm
The Kramer

Joe Biden’s sexual assault scandal is heating up. It’d probably be the top story right now if not for Rona.

If he has to step down what happens? Hilary 3.0???

Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:06 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

I honestly have no clue what would happen. But he should 100% back out.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:19 pm
Defeats all expectations

House representative Justin Amash (independent, formerly Republican) from Michigan is seeking a third-party presidential run. He is fairly critical of Trump's abnormal behavior and violating the Constitution and conservative principles.

Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:01 pm
Defeats all expectations

Ohio primary turnout:

Quote:
Turnout in the Ohio primary. For obvious reasons, it was way down. 3.23 million votes cast in 2016, 1.99 mil R, 1.24 mil D; 1.54 million in 2020, 860k D, 683k R

Add in 250k in outstanding absentees and provisional ballots. Turnout was still down over 40% from 2016 primary. States should now prepare for expanding vote-by-mail in November in case the virus is still around.

Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:54 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

I switched to vote by mail in 2016 and it was a godsend. So much nicer and easier.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:03 pm
Superfreak

Ultra Bernie bros pushing the nonsensical Reade story want another Trump term over Biden. Insane.

Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:10 pm
Devil's Advocate

I have no problem believing the Tara Reade story, between some of the latest developments (telling people in the 90s, her mom calling into Larry King, etc.) and her getting fired. But the real reason it's believable is that it's well documented Biden is creepy and has no boundaries.

Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:44 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

Yeah the Tara Reade thing is pretty obvious.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:47 pm
Defeats all expectations

I would err on the side of caution about the sexual allegation. When Reade openly spoke and wrote about it in April 2019, it was about Biden inappropriately holding his hands on her shoulder and running his finger on her neck. In March 2020, her account of events became Biden putting his hands underneath her clothing and touching her vagina. Harassment and sexual assault are on two different levels of severity.

Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4649 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 186  Next