Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Gossip 
Hold the door!

Post Gossip
Do you like to gossip? Do you like to hear gossip? Do you find gossip boring? What do you consider gossip? Is it gossip if it's positive? Is it gossip if it's objectively true?

I've always enjoyed gossiping and talking about others, but lately I've really been trying to not gossip. But I wonder is talking about people in general a sign that I myself am not an interesting person? Because generally when I talk to others about others, the conversation is always interesting no matter who it is. It's a safety net for me in social situations, and it's so easy to talk about your mutual friends with your other friends. And once you are out of the context of having mutual friends, what do you talk about with the people you gossiped with?

Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:38 pm
The Kramer

Post Re: Gossip
Spoiler alert; I still can't believe Dan was Gossip Girl the entire time. What a lame twist.

Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:23 pm
The Original

Gossip is for women.

Be a man zwack!

Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:20 pm
now we know

Men do gossip. And not just gay guys and poofs. But real men with builder's bums and B.O. But the gossip is different. It is expressed with jokes and it is more upfront and direct. So the gossip part is much shorter. Whereas with women and gays it lasts for months before the "story" is revealed to the person, which then causes a [bitch] fight and lots of "I'm not talking to her anymore" bullshit. Men get it out there and it's all good. More honest.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:58 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

I don't really have extended conversations with people so either hearing gossip or spreading it isn't something I've used to

Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]