Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 91  Next
 The Trump Era: The Awkward Mix of Libertarianism and Fascism 
A very honest-hearted fellow

Post Re: The Trump Era: The Awkward Mix of Libertarianism and Fas
Gorsuch. If the remainder of this admin is a continuation of the status quo but he continues to nominate judges like Gorsuch (especially when Breyer/Ginsburg/Kennedy leave), I'll take that.

I expected a shit show based on his failed business career and general ignorance and he has mostly lived down to that expectation.

I expect single payer either when he loses in 2020 or when the House flips in 2018 and he makes a deal with Democrats since he has always favored single payer (because reasons).

Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:30 pm
Profile WWW

His Supreme Court pick has been a win

Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:03 pm
Hold the door!

Darth Indiana Bond wrote:

But Obama should have picked it!!!!!!!

Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:01 pm

zwackerm wrote:

Honestly it was suppose to be his pick, but the GOP made sure that did not happen

Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:25 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

zwackerm wrote:

I know this is fake outrage sarcasm. But this is correct.

Fuck Gorsuch.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:21 am
Hold the door!

Chippy wrote:
zwackerm wrote:

Fuck Gorsuch.

If the last president were a Republican and the current president were Democrat, you'd be happy that the last president didn't pick it.

Not to mention he very much supports a woman's "right to choose".

Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:23 am
Sbil

zwackerm wrote:
Chippy wrote:
zwackerm wrote:

Fuck Gorsuch.

If the last president were a Republican and the current president were Democrat, you'd be happy that the last president didn't pick it.

Not to mention he very much supports a woman's "right to choose".

So? It's still obstruction and Merrick Garland, a highly qualified judge, wasn't chosen because the Republicans are selfish dicks.

Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:29 am
KJ's Leading Pundit

lol what? The president is elected and that comes with the power to nominate a Supreme Court Justice. Obama was elected TWICE. The people wanted HIM to name his Justice. The republicans threw a fucking HISSY FIT and vowed to not confirm a Justice if Clinton was elected. FUCK GORSUCH.

And he's pro-choice? WTF have you read? Everything I've read says he leans slightly to pro-life, but nobody knows because he's never ruled on anything like it.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:31 am
Extraordinary

Chippy wrote:
lol what? The president is elected and that comes with the power to nominate a Supreme Court Justice. Obama was elected TWICE. The people wanted HIM to name his Justice. The republicans threw a fucking HISSY FIT and vowed to not confirm a Justice if Clinton was elected. FUCK GORSUCH.

And he's pro-choice? WTF have you read? Everything I've read says he leans slightly to pro-life, but nobody knows because he's never ruled on anything like it.

The Republicans refused Obama's pick, saying "the people should decide" referring to the upcoming election as a way to obstruct a highly qualified person.

Well, the people did decide. They voted for Hillary by a pretty big margin. The Electoral College may have gone the other way, but it's pretty clear what the people wanted.

Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:36 am
Profile WWW

Groucho wrote:
Chippy wrote:

The Republicans refused Obama's pick, saying "the people should decide" referring to the upcoming election as a way to obstruct a highly qualified person.

Well, the people did decide. They voted for Hillary by a pretty big margin. The Electoral College may have gone the other way, but it's pretty clear what the people wanted.

Then I want Judge Bork in place of Justice Kennedy at least until Bork's death. The people spoke and elected Reagan yet Democrats refused to approve him.

Not sure what the election margin of the President has to do with the Senate's advise and consent rule.

Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:36 pm
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

Chippy wrote:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.breitbar ... court/amp/

Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:08 pm
Sbil

zwackerm wrote:
Chippy wrote:

Please do not cite Breitbart as a factual source of anything.

Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:40 pm
Hold the door!

Libs wrote:
zwackerm wrote:
Chippy wrote:

Please do not cite Breitbart as a factual source of anything.

http://www.newsweek.com/roe-wade-decisi ... now-573120
Lol, did not realize that was Bannons website.

It's not Gorsuchs fault the Republicans blocked Obama.

Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:45 pm
Sbil

zwackerm wrote:
It's not Gorsuchs fault the Republicans blocked Obama.

It wasn't Merrick Garland's fault either. We could go back and forth on this all day.

Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:10 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

Caius wrote:
Groucho wrote:
Chippy wrote:

Then I want Judge Bork in place of Justice Kennedy at least until Bork's death. The people spoke and elected Reagan yet Democrats refused to approve him.

Not sure what the election margin of the President has to do with the Senate's advise and consent rule.

I'm not talking about shit that happened when you were growing up. I'm talking about shit that happened IN THE LAST YEAR.

Will you just fucking stop with your shit?

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:21 pm
Devil's Advocate

I didn't think Trump could surprise me with anything, then I read his TIME interview. What the fuck? And somehow the POTUS gave an interview where he literally talked like a crazy person and it just got passed off as another Trump day that I didn't read it for a week

Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:27 pm

Chippy wrote:
I'm not talking about shit that happened when you were growing up. I'm talking about shit that happened IN THE LAST YEAR.

Will you just fucking stop with your shit?

My apologies for not being as historically illiterate as you. I'll try to cut back.

I had forgot about the "IN THE LAST YEAR" clause of the Constitution.

Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:11 pm
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Pundit

lol keep grasping at those straws

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:54 am
Extraordinary

Caius wrote:

Just pointing out the hypocrisy of Republicans saying they shouldn't even have hearings on Obama's pick because "the people should decide" and then ignoring that argument a year later.

There were hearings on Bork. They advised and they didn't consent. That's how it works. The Constitution does not say the Senate should just rubber stamp anyone.

Had the Republicans had hearings on Garland and then not approved him, that would be different. But they refused to do even that.

Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:08 am
Profile WWW

I am watching this speech from Trump where it is so poorly spoken, but people dumb enough might fall for it. He literally will just say something then throws in "jobs." He then says how many regulations he is going to scale back, but then says water will be cleaner than ever, and without any segway talks about how many jobs he will create.

Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:04 pm

Groucho wrote:
Caius wrote:

Just pointing out the hypocrisy of Republicans saying they shouldn't even have hearings on Obama's pick because "the people should decide" and then ignoring that argument a year later.

There were hearings on Bork. They advised and they didn't consent. That's how it works. The Constitution does not say the Senate should just rubber stamp anyone.

Had the Republicans had hearings on Garland and then not approved him, that would be different. But they refused to do even that.

Isn't the effect the same? That is the point I don't understand. Republicans hold hearings and refuse to consent to Garland or Republicans refuse to hold hearings and refuse to consent to Garland. What is the difference? In both instances he is not voted up to the S.Ct. If the votes were there for Garland (50 + Biden or 60 with filibuster), I feel McConnel would have been forced to bring him forward.

The one thing you elide is the people spoke and Trump won and yes I realize he didn't win the popular vote (I did not vote for him) but popular vote is not how we elect the President.

The Falcons were ahead the entire Super Bowl until the final second. Does that mean they won? Certainly they won the important "time ahead" battle.

Last edited by Caius on Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:17 pm
Profile WWW

Chippy wrote:
lol keep grasping at those straws

Ah ok. It is settled.

Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:18 pm
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Pundit

Yes because "minutes winning" is the same as having THE MOST VOTES

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:53 am
Cream of the Crop

I preferred the Republicans-out-of-power ranting to the Democrats-out-of-power whining.

Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:59 am
Hold the door!

Bitter!

Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 2260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 91  Next