Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185 ... 235  Next
 Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW) 
New Server, Same X

Post Re: Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW)
I can't tell if Undertaker and Styles was the best worst thing I've ever seen or the worst best thing. Honestly it looked like Undertaker had the time of his life. If that ended up being the end of his Wrestlemania career, I'm sure he'd be happy. I can take or leave WWE over-editing their product now, but when it's that insanely ludicrous, it works. What a time to be alive.

Also I kept reading the same sentiment on Twitter: Matt Hardy was just a month shy of his gimmick actually working in WWE. The Total Deletion match walked so the Boneyard Match could run.

I love Becky Lynch, so glad for her successes in WWE. But I don't understand why they've buried Shayna Baszler. I'm sure Mau said she would dominate the division when she got called up and I said they would screw her up like every other NXT call-up, but really I wasn't 100% serious because I didn't think they could screw it up. But... they did.

Speaking of not understanding WWE, they really had Goldberg bury The Fiend for... Braun Strowman to bury Goldberg? I can't believe Goldberg can't even string together a decent five minute match. The "Finisher Fiesta" they went with was painful. But, I'm still glad for Braun. Could drop it immediately, but still cool to see him get a Wrestlemania moment.

I watched a few minutes of WWE Chronicle on Drew McIntyre, and I feel the worst for him. He looks a bit defeated with everything going on. Dude finally gets his shot and it'll be in front of an empty arena.

Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:39 am
The Kramer

I really liked QuarantineMania, aka WrestleMania 36: Side B. I was mostly worried all the matches would be five minutes, but the performers gave it everything they had and most looked very good. Owens and Morrison both had really cool spots, Braun finally won the title, there were a lot of surprising results, the women's tag titles mattered, the Bone Yard was impossible to look away from, etc... Plenty to like, even with an empty arena, and I hope they keep it up with the big matches tonight.

Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:37 pm
The Kramer

Mister Ecks wrote:
I love Becky Lynch, so glad for her successes in WWE. But I don't understand why they've buried Shayna Baszler. I'm sure Mau said she would dominate the division when she got called up and I said they would screw her up like every other NXT call-up, but really I wasn't 100% serious because I didn't think they could screw it up. But... they did.

Speaking of not understanding WWE, they really had Goldberg bury The Fiend for... Braun Strowman to bury Goldberg? I can't believe Goldberg can't even string together a decent five minute match. The "Finisher Fiesta" they went with was painful. But, I'm still glad for Braun. Could drop it immediately, but still cool to see him get a Wrestlemania moment.
I bet Shayna would have won in a normal world where they could do rematches for the next few months. Now? Maybe it is better to have Becky continue being the face of the company with that title.

And Goldberg only has two moves, so it makes sense he would lose if he can't perform one of them. :funny: Though yeah, Roman could easily take it this Friday if they can find somewhere to film it.

Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:40 pm
100% That Bitch

I'm rewatching the boneyard match because I still can't believe this actually happened.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:59 pm
100% That Bitch

#LOLCHARLOTTEWINS

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:35 pm
The Kramer

New people job to the stars at Mania whether men or women. :funny:

Great match though.

Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:36 pm
100% That Bitch

LOL CHARLOTTE WINA

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:37 pm
The Kramer

Mandy would have gotten the biggest pop of the weekend.

Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:14 pm
100% That Bitch

Mandy just locked in the Trish Stratus push

This gurl is READY

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:16 pm
The Kramer

Cena v Wyatt = A+ that might be the best thing wwe has ever done sorry Dre and Hulk.

Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:10 pm
The Kramer

Quarantine Mania Night 2 was even better then Night 1. Bravo to WWE for not only making the best of a bad situation but likely putting on a better show than they would have in front of 80,000 people.

Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:35 pm
New Server, Same X

I'll have more thoughts tomorrow, but I will fight anyone that disagrees about the Firefly Funhouse match being the best thing they've ever seen.

Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:45 pm
100% That Bitch

I'll give WWE this. They shut us all up. They delivered one of the most iconic WrestleMania ever.

In the middle of the Coronavirus crisis

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:08 pm
New Server, Same X

Wrestlemania thoughts:

-Firefly Funhouse match was storytelling on another level. I've seen way more mixed reactions online, but the negative ones seem to come from either casual fans or fans that only watch Wrestlemania. I didn't see any "I love The Fiend but that was awful" comments. The comments are generally "I was so lost". How you could watch that and know of the history and be confused by it? It was pretty straightforward. A 2020 version of "This is your life". It's such good shit!

-Edge and Orton put on a good Last Man Standing match... but it could have been ten minutes shorter. 36 minutes could have worked with an audience or anywhere else besides the PC, but in the circumstances they had, it should have went shorter. Maybe it was because the commentary team treated it like a fucking golf tournament. The whispering was irritating, it didn't add to the mayhem on screen. I don't care if they're trying to convey their shock through quiet musings. It sounds awful, especially with no crowd and only two groaning men and a loud ref.

-I'm fine with Bayley retaining. She finally changed her persona so she deserves a long run. Maybe now they'll have her and Sasha feud and give Sasha a proper title run.

-Really glad for Drew McIntyre. It felt good to see him finally achieve the next level. Like Kofi last year, it was long overdue and serves as hope for guys that deserve that shot too (Shinsuke... Kevin Owens... Samoa Joe... just to name a few). The match got its point across. Bonus points to Brock for staying in the ring while Drew celebrated. It added a layer of "slaying the beast".

That said...

-Three of the last four world championship matches at Wrestlemania, COMBINED, lasted nine minutes and 15 seconds. I'm sorry but that's disgraceful. Neither of the WWE or Universal title matches this year needed anything more, but if part timers can't give more time in the ring, then we have to stop giving them championships. I will sing the praises of Brock Lesnar one minute and critique the hell out of him the next. But the fact that he cashed two Mania cheques in a row with so little effort is terrible. And I really hope that's the end of Goldberg holding titles. Wrestle all he wants but stop giving him titles.

-My biggest takeaway of the weekend is how easily digestable three hours each night was. That should honestly be how Wrestlemania is going forward. I don't know about the logistics of that and how or if they could do it (live preferably, not taped), but it's better than six+ hours.

Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:02 pm
100% That Bitch

Your biggest takeaway should be that Undertaker may have extended his career with these type of matches.

Also he's turning 30!!! years with WWE this year. what the actual fuck.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:14 pm
New Server, Same X

He did look like he had the time of his life in that mini-movie. Good for him.

Meanwhile WWE trotted out The Big Show for the millionth time as a "surprise". Chalk that up to another heel turn I guess?

Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:53 pm
100% That Bitch

Also Mandy needs the skyrocket Trish Stratus push starting today.

Bitch had the best (non wrestling) moment in all of WM.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:11 pm
New Server, Same X

We really took the title off Bray Wyatt, gave it to a part-timer with two moves and probably a six-to-seven digit income from his "matches", only to take it back off the part-timer and on to a guy whose run has been stopped and started constantly and have him feud with Bray Wyatt?

Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:30 pm
The Kramer

Goldberg gave an interview and said that taking the title was actually his call and he talked Bray into it. Goldberg sees himself as a superhero and wanted to conquer a monster before dropping the title in his last match. Dumb, but you gotta give the guy who can do two moves whatever he wants right?

Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:24 pm
New Server, Same X

Ronda Rousey getting in trouble again for calling wrestling fake. If she's serious, she's as delusional as ever. But if it's all a work for an impending return... it's still a bad way to bring her back.

If she's serious, I don't know where she's getting this revisionist history, but fans were actually super into her and impressed with her skill level as a babyface. She actually worked every week, unlike some former UFCers.

Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:33 am
New Server, Same X

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
Goldberg gave an interview and said that taking the title was actually his call and he talked Bray into it. Goldberg sees himself as a superhero and wanted to conquer a monster before dropping the title in his last match. Dumb, but you gotta give the guy who can do two moves whatever he wants right?

That's even worse. At least if it came from Vince, I understand in a very short term mindset that Goldberg appearing and winning a championship will boost ratings. But this just further proves Goldberg is an outsider in the wrestling world with no vision of, for lack of a better term, what is best for business. Total respect to the guy for getting over when WWF had the likes of Austin, Rock and DX, and WCW even had the nWo. But your time was incredibly short as a prime superstar. Stop robbing guys of the spotlight so you can get one more run.

Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:40 am
The Kramer

An essential business!

Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:24 pm
New Server, Same X

WWE: We're going to air a match at Wrestlemania that ties up a storyline six years in the making, in which John Cena originally defeated Bray Wyatt at WM30, thus putting events into motion that would lead to the creation of The Fiend and Wyatt's unending quest to tie together multiple storylines in his career that have led him to where he is. In this match, we will be re-introduced to several moments that shaped Cena's career, including storylines that either nearly halted his career or storylines he's not proud of. We'll also tie together Cena's promo about Wyatt being overrated, but it'll actually sound like it's all about Cena's own career.

Also WWE: Y'know, we need a new number one contender for Drew McIntyre... Seth lost at Mania, so let's go with Seth

Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:28 am
New Server, Same X

I just randomly rewatched Shinsuke Nakamura's 2017 Smackdown debut and it's amazing they ruined him so badly by never giving him a proper shot. WWE is currently littered with the stalled careers of NXT stars.

Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:56 pm
The Kramer

Atleast NXT titles are counted now. So his overall run has still been decent. They need to turn him face again as soon as the crowds are back though. Being able to sing his theme song is one of the main reasons he (and so many others) have gotten over in NXT.

Samoa Joe was also a casualty of AJ's year-long title reign in 2018. But I think AJ deserved that run, and his first Mania main event, much more than either of them.

Would have liked to see Drew with another challenger, someone lower on the card. An easy win but a quality match with Richochet would have been cool. I don't know why they feel the need to put these big title matches on the money in the bank card when all anybody cares about are the ladders.

Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185 ... 235  Next