Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:12 am

Reply to topic  [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160 ... 235  Next
 Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW) 
Don't Dream It, Be It

Post Re: Wrestling (WWE, TNA, ROH)
Well, Jericho has replaced Rusev against the Taker in that casket match.

Due to fan backlash for the obvious/literal Rusev burial? Although, unless Rusev is a major troll, his last tweet (and profile picture) sounds like he may have been released, as the rumors have suggested for weeks now.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:34 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

What a match between Kalisto and Buddy Murphy the 205 before Wrestlemania, loving the HHH era of 205

Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:04 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Smackdown sure got the better deal in the shakeup, didn't they? Pretty one-sided, in my opinion, and I'm sure it'll help boost Smackdown's ratings, perhaps for the long-term.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:35 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Greatest Royal Rumble was a incredibly bloated five hour PPV that featured no title changes, no women wrestlers, and a Royal Rumble with no incentive to win outside of bragging rights. I thought they'd at least apply the same rules as a normal Royal Rumble, with the winner getting a title match. But alas, that may make too much sense.

I do acknowledge this was basically a house show for Saudi Arabia that they decided to televise. But I was hoping for something better. And I hope they never adapt the 50-man Royal Rumble for the actual January event. There weren't enough worthwhile surprises to sustain interest for a match that didn't matter.

Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:17 pm
New Server, Same X

The one positive of Greatest Royal Rumble: Shinsuke Nakamura sold the fuck out of his new theme music. I was firmly in the "Ehhh" camp with it, even with the clever reasoning the announcers gave for the music change, but I think his entrance style matches it perfectly. He's becoming a great heel. I hope he gets the title at Backlash.

Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:22 pm
New Server, Same X

Looking ahead to Backlash, six matches have been announced for the first dual-brand PPV, two of them now being inter-promotional, following the shake-up. I hope those are the last of those matches for a while. Occasional inter-promotional matches can be fun, but not if they're done every month.

I'm curious on the direction of Daniel Bryan and Big Cass. WWE doesn't seem to have given up on Big Cass, but are they going to feed Daniel Bryan to him so soon after Bryan returned to the ring? His mic work isn't as bad as I remembered, although calling the audience "Joe Schmos" had to be a Vince-written line. That made me cringe.

Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:37 pm
New Server, Same X

Are they seriously going to play up the fact that Roman clearly hit the floor first and the ref made the wrong call? This is going to lead to yet another match between the two. Roman has not proven he should get all these matches for the title.

Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:08 pm
100% That Bitch

Rip Reigns

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Tue May 01, 2018 4:21 pm
New Server, Same X

What do Roman Reigns and Brock Lesnar have on Vince? I don't honestly think WWE wants to create new stars. Everyone is passed over for these two. How? Why? It's embarrassing to watch WWE try to make Roman Reigns something years and years in a row. He is not John Cena, he never will be John Cena. And because Cena gets, at worst, a respectful pop now, WWE is so insistent that Roman Reigns is the next Cena. Just ignore all the booing and the hate, they'll learn to like him eventually. But they won't.

It is so painful to see Samoa Joe, Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, The Miz, Braun Strowman, Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn, and pretty much half the roster get worse treatment than Roman Reigns. He hasn't earned his spot. He never will. Not in this form. It's OK to admit you were wrong. It's OK if he doesn't main-event every single show. He is not your star, he doesn't have the confidence to be your star, he doesn't have anything to suggest he should be a star. Ever.

This is ridiculous now. I don't know how much longer they can drag out the Roman/Brock feud. This is awful. Roman keeps getting pushed, while guys like Bobby Roode and Elias are taking part in embarrassing dance segments.

Mon May 07, 2018 12:54 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Reigns/Mahal has got to be the worst feud in over a decade. If the intention is to get Roman over with the fans (again...), it's not going to work -- nothing is going to work. Their confrontations (like tonight on Raw) and match/matches are going to be hugely berated by the audience.

Mon May 14, 2018 8:14 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Corpse wrote:
Reigns/Mahal has got to be the worst feud in over a decade. If the intention is to get Roman over with the fans (again...), it's not going to work -- nothing is going to work. Their confrontations (like tonight on Raw) and match/matches are going to be hugely berated by the audience.
Hey man, you sound like one of those corporate guys who are trying to SCREW Roman out of the title every chance they get. Cause Roman is the ultimate underdog, the guy who has nevercaught a break or been given an opportunity and Vince McMahon just cannot stand his face or body.

:whistle:

Tue May 15, 2018 1:42 pm
New Server, Same X

0-2

Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:32 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Mister Ecks wrote:
0-2

Hmm?

Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:55 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

RAW has been pretty awful in recent weeks/months, hasn't it?

Sami/Lashley has been truly awful. It's such a random feud, and their segments have been among the worst in years. 1.) Stupid "your life" with his fake sisters. 2.) Sleep-inducing 10-minute rant by Zayne while Lashley stands there. 3.) Obstacle course that lasted an entire 45 seconds.

Reigns/Mahal is unsurprisingly trash.

Nia Jax hasn't been given much to do besides trying to sell this Rousey feud, and has unfortunately been a "weak" champion so far.

Ruby Rose appears set for a push one week, but it's like officials change their mind the next.

The Tag Team Division has become kind of pathetic. I don't know what happened to the Authors of Pain after their debut, but clearly creative wasn't prepared for their absence.

All the men involved in the MITB match are very talented, but the constant matches between them every single week with no payoff is tiresome. Lesnar really, really needs to drop the title at SummerSlam.

Rollins is honestly the only main attraction of the entire 3-hour show.

Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:11 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Corpse wrote:
Mister Ecks wrote:
0-2

Hmm?

CM Punk lost his second UFC match.

Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:17 am
The Kramer

Corpse wrote:
RAW has been pretty awful in recent weeks/months, hasn't it?
Yes, thank you. I’ve been so uninterested in the show lately and was worried it was just me. I haven’t finished Raw or Smackdown since April. :(

Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:26 pm
New Server, Same X

I haven't watched either in about a month. Been too busy to waste my time with a company that is wasting its own time by promoting absentee champions and undeserving talent. And I was genuinely excited to have Daniel Bryan, Jeff Hardy, Shinsuke, Styles, all those guys on Smackdown. But I don't have the interest.

Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:23 am
New Server, Same X

I can fast forward RAW and Smackdown in about five minutes now. I see WWE must be using a reduced summertime writers room. I noticed three hallmarks of tired wrestling cliches: the brawl between two tough guys that no one can break apart, the therapy sessions played up for laughs (I assume, given the goofy looking therapist), and, the wonderful, side-splitting comedy of putting someone in a porta-a-potty and tipping it over. Hilarious!

Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:59 am
Devil's Advocate

Well I think I made a personal breakthrough for good, unfortunately I am now like 13 weeks behind :disgust: I wanted to save Wrestlemania before that

I really enjoyed the show.

- The Rousey match being great was a big surprise. Her first hot tag was one of the best ever. Big credit to Steph for holding her own, and Angle looked better once he had a few months to prep

- Asuka and Charlotte was terrific, with a surprising result. It should have gone a bit later. Nia and Alexa was also surprisingly good in my opinion. It told a story well. "I loved you" I liked the IC triple threat, and US title one was fine until the winner.

- AJ and Nak was very good. I was never expecting it to be a 5 star, it had no story and Nak hasn't had many classic matches since he went to the main roster since they don't make him go full strong style. The heel turn was great, if a bit telegraphed by him getting on his knees to give the title. Now with that backstory and Nak's style fitting a heel more, I have higher hopes for them having classic matches. Bryan and Shane vs KO and Owens went as expected but it was enjoyable to see Bryan do his thing.

- Braun and the kid winning the tag titles was cute. For a "bathroom break" match before the main event it served its job well and mixed up the night a bit. The Smackdown tag match should've been on the preshow but they were doing the Usos right by giving them their main show slot

- Hated the Undertaker Cena squash. Two of the all time greats at Wrestlemania and that's how it goes down? And it ruins the meaning of Reigns Undertaker. Maybe Reigns retires him one more time at Survivor Series? Or can Undertaker have no more real matches. This match kind of felt like a bigger version of when Cena fought Goldust for the first time a month before Wrestlemania, obviously to fulfill some desire from Cena to wrestle a vet he respects

- Brock vs Reigns - I really enjoyed it, but fuck the New Orleans crowd. Booing Reigns was expecting, but shitting on the whole match was too much, and dampened what was otherwise an exciting and well booked offensive match, 7 F5s aside. As for the result it's surprising, but in retrospect I guess the best way to get people on Reigns side is to not give him everything right now. Furthermore I assume WWE most likely wants to get just as much out of whoever gets the big win over Brock, as they got out of ending Undertaker streak - which was years of Brock main events. Making Brock beat Undertaker was the best booking decisions in history financially. But if Reigns loses Brock, he probably drops the title and goes back to his normal vulnerable babyface self in half a year or less. So the best fit may be to find another monster heel to be unstoppable after Brock to carry the torch.

- Gargano with his 2nd classic match of 2018

Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:05 am
New Server, Same X

Extreme Rules sounds like the perfect blend of a mostly-shitty show and an especially shitty crowd. They gave the best result possible by having Rollins and Ziggler close the show, and from what I've read, the crowd was indifferent. Too bad because I'm sure they had a solid match.

Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:40 pm
New Server, Same X

Oh, and it turns out, everybody is ready for Asuka.

Alternately, Asuka wasn't ready for WWE booking.

Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:42 pm
The Kramer

Smackdown title match should have closed. The crowd was done after Rusev lost.

Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:50 pm
Devil's Advocate

Well you know things are bad when the Miz mentions Infinity War is coming out next week. That only feels like it came out million years ago

Smackdown won the superstar shake-up in all of male singles, divas and tag. I'm surprised New Day didn't switch, I thought them and Usos splitting up was the biggest gimme of all. I guess having the three best tag teams with them and the Bar on one show, plus the Bludgeons could be great (just break up Gallows and Anderson now, they have 0 chance on SD) The other one I'm surprised by staying is Orton, he desperately needs a heel run, but with heel Nak, Miz, Samoa Joe, Almas, Big Cass, Rusev Day, etc. there's not really a need. Him spending the next year as a midcard face would be boring as hell.

Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:00 pm
The Kramer

Are they really doing Reigns v Lesnar again??? My goodness what a waste of a year this has been for WWE fans. There have still been enough good matches to keep me in, but these awful stories are making TV and even PPVs a chore to watch.

Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:32 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Just wait for the audience reaction to Lesnar vs. Reigns, again... It's going to be deafeningly negative. I really wouldn't be surprised to see some people walk-out if it's the last match of the night. WWE will have to make it a triple-threat, or have Strowman (though I think Owens is winning their match, and thus the briefcase...) cash-in literally when the bell rings (or before!).

I'm also surprised they didn't do Lesnar vs. Lashley. Lashley is kinda boring, but he's been getting over a bit since his awful feud with Zayne ended.

At the very least, SummerSlam has Styles vs. Joe which will sell it, and while it'd be best for their match to go on last, I can't recall the last time the WWE Title has gone on last... I don't think it has once this whole year?

Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:11 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160 ... 235  Next