Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155 ... 235  Next
 Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW) 
100% That Bitch

Post Re: Wrestling (WWE, TNA, ROH)
I need him.in a SCSA podcast. That'd be legndary

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:43 pm
The Kramer

XFL announcement incoming...

Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:26 pm
New Server, Same X

I can't believe the rumors are true. Vince McMahon is nothing if not ballsy. As opportunistic in every possible way as Donald Trump. Capitalize on fans turned off by politics in football. But what number of viewers is that? NFL hasn't lost a substantial amount of viewers.

I want it to succeed and fail at the same time.

Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:37 pm
100% That Bitch

I was shocked the tagline wasn't
Make Football Great Again.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:51 pm
New Server, Same X

I watched a bit of Impact Wrestling last night. It's amazing that it's still on the air. Johnny Nitro and Alberto Del Rio in the main event triple threat match, Lashley still kicking around, Josh Mathews his normal boring self on commentary. They showed some cage match that had more blood than an ECW match. It was almost unbearable to watch in this bloodless, PG-era of WWE. It was actually excessive and made me appreciate that not every show features a blade job.

Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:55 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Aleister Black vs. Adam Cole -- early match of the year candidate.

It's said pretty much every NXT Takeover, but this has been another great show.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:40 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Well, Almas vs. Gargano just topped that after an incredible 35-40 minute match. 5 Stars. Their match is going to be incredibly difficult to top in WWE for the rest of the year.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:30 pm
Profile WWW
100% That Bitch

You spoke too soon, lol.

Almas/Gargano may be ghr best NXT .atch ever

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:58 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Without spoiling any winners or important moments right now, some thoughts of the Royale Rumble:

Both Tag Team Title matches were surprisingly disappointing. Jordan has a legit injury, so I kind of understand that one being mediocre, but the Usos vs. Gable/Benjamin was really rushed.

AJ Styles vs. Owens/Zayne was bad. AJ's performance was good as usual, but given his opponents, he shouldn't have had to carry this match which was no better than a weekly Smackdown bout.

Lesnar vs. Kane vs. Strowman was alright. It was basically them performing spots that we've seen them all do to one another over the past few months, but I suppose it's mostly entertaining. And it ended nicely. But... time to move on, and the crowd definitely wants something new.

While I found the title matches to be average at best, the two Rumbles both delivered, and that's really what matters, so:

Best Men's Royal Rumble in years -- honestly, probably the best one so far this decade considering the last few have been underwhelming. Excellent pacing, nice surprise entries (one major one, in particular), funny moments, and an exciting ending. And great winner, finally.

And the 1st ever Women's Royal Rumble was very good (though Stephanie's commentary needs work). Great to see some of the old female wrestlers, a couple of them were quite good in the ring still as well, and the current roster all had time to shine. Also, another great winner, if predictable. And the "surprise" at the end felt a little unnatural, but I'm glad that's how that happened versus said "surprise" being in the match.

#GoJapan

Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:28 am
Profile WWW
100% That Bitch

Screw it, it's all over social media so...

Ronday joined WWE FULL TIME?!?!

What the fuck?!?

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:36 am
The Kramer

Great weekend for WWE. They get a six star match, two excellent Rumbles and the their biggest signing since the Rock came back. When is the last time the fans were this pleased coming out of January?

Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:37 pm
The Kramer

And Wrestlemania is shaping up very nicely too.

Ronda Rousey v Charlotte
Roman Reigns v Brock Lesnar
John Cena v Undertaker
Asuka v Alexa or Nia
AJ Styles v Shinsuke Nakamura

Those all seem to be pretty set unless they go with Rousey/Rock v Steph/HHH which would be a huge waste. Put Rousey with the best in-ring worker you have and let the magic happen.

HHH v Kurt Angle
Braun v Miz
Sasha v Bayley
KO/Sami v Usos
Multiman tag team Raw ladder match
Randy Orton v Bobby Roode

Those would my guesses to fill out the card , but it does leave a lot of Smackdown guys out. New Day especially since they didn’t have a match last year.

Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:51 pm
New Server, Same X

What an insane Royal Rumble card. The matches kind of sucked, but the Rumbles themselves were awesome. Did they seriously give the Rumble win to a deserving person? When's the last time someone who deserved it won it? I honestly thought Reigns was going to win it again. They'll still go for Reigns and Lesnar surely, but at least not with Reigns winning the Rumble.

And shocked they closed with the women's Royal Rumble. They saved lots of surprise entrants for that one and the whole thing delivered.

Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:44 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Flava'd vs The World wrote:

Ronda Rousey v Charlotte
John Cena v Undertaker
Asuka v Alexa or Nia

Those all seem to be pretty set unless they go with Rousey/Rock v Steph/HHH which would be a huge waste. Put Rousey with the best in-ring worker you have and let the magic happen.

HHH v Kurt Angle
Braun v Miz
Sasha v Bayley
KO/Sami v Usos

Those would my guesses to fill out the card , but it does leave a lot of Smackdown guys out. New Day especially since they didn’t have a match last year.

Shane vs. Daniel seems likely to me, unless for some reason they decide not to capitalize on their ongoing feud over Kami. It's been building for months now, and AJ pinning Owens (illegal man) to win last night suggests this storyline will continue.

Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:00 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Also, Lesnar is a dick. Sure, Strowman kneed him good (and it was more like his thigh), but the legit jab/punch to Strowman's face was unnecessary.

Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:06 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Is that any surprise by now? Lesnar's time has to be up soon. The shtick is getting old now. Wrestle four times a year and fuck off to wherever with the title. It's ridiculous that this is the schedule he can continue to keep. There's no way this has any kind of impact on ticket sales or network buys. Besides, he only appears at the big shows anyway, they're already getting viewers.

Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:59 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

This was the best weekend in wrestling that I can remember.

NJPW: Omega possibly being kicked out of the Bullet Club, and possibly being controversially replaced by Cody; or, at least, the entire event causes an inner conflict among its members. The Omega and Ibushi reunion was amazing as well.
NXT: Delivered as usual, including Almas and Gargano putting on one of the best matches in recent memory in all of wrestling (especially WWE).
WWE: Two great Rumble matches that delivered in about every way a rumble can deliver. Probably the best Rumble(s) this decade, and a lot of respect for the women, in particular.

More thoughts regarding the Rumble matches:

Men's Rumble:

>Balor was, thankfully, booked very well. He lasted longer than anyone else and made the final four. A couple months ago, he was dangerously falling into mid-card territory, and now he's back to being a main event contender. If Cena vs. Undertaker doesn't happen at WM34, I'm betting on a Balor vs. Cena match.
>Heath Slater, everything involving him, was fun.
>The Hurricane making a surprise entrance was nicely unexpected.
>Owens should have entered the Rumble by taking someone's spot (Goldust, perhaps) like he and Zayne did with Dillinger. Poor Dillinger, though...
>Mysterio's return was exciting, and he looked and performed great.
>Cena almost purposefully drawing the ire of the Philly crowd was amusing.
>Cena/Orton/Mysterio (old) vs. Reigns/Balor/Nakamura (new) at the end was amazing booking.
>Nakamura winning was well-deserved. AJ vs. Nakamura at WM34 should be one of the best matches of the year.

Women's Rumble:

>Sasha was booked very well, lasting longer than anyone else, made the final four, eliminated Bayley, and at times came across as a heel (or at least her NXT self).
>Lita was awesome. She didn't have to do the moonsault, but of course she did.
>Trish was awesome. She was still good in the ring, and was convincing as a potential winner.
>Stephanie bringing up Chyna after Cole didn't include her among past trailblazers was very respectful.
>McCool was booked very strong, scoring the most eliminations (5) in the match.
>Vickie was hilarious. I wonder if her segment was what replaced Alicia Fox's late withdrawal.
>Nia vs. Beth was awesome. Asuka aside, Beth was the only possible entry to go toe-to-toe with Nia, and we got it. Also, she lifted Nia for a solid 5 seconds.
>Bayley desperately needs to turn heel or something. She's in the running for most-underwhelming in the match, alongside Tamina and Mandy Rose.
>Asuka winning was only appropriate.

Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:29 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Finn Balor is entering into CM Punk territory lately. Even though he lost last night, I buy him as a legit threat now. I hope they keep it going.

Ronda Rousey is going to be an interesting personality once all is settled. Any bets how long before she gets the Goldberg "we don't want you here anymore" heat? Once she is thrust into a main role, especially in the womens division, pops will go way down.

I'm over the whole "let's point and gaze longingly at the Wrestlemania sign". Everyone who does it ends up at Wrestlemania anyway. What's the allure now? It only works if it's a guy like Nakamura or Balor doing it. Cena and Reigns don't need to point and gaze at the sign. They've headlined multiple Manias. If nothing else, they're guaranteed a spot regardless. It should at best be reserved for someone who hasn't had their Mania moment. But it should be done away with altogether.

Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:32 pm
New Server, Same X

I really hope it's legitimately Shinsuke vs. Styles at Mania, and that doesn't change. I don't want Owens or Zayn or anyone else added to the match. It's bad enough that won't headline Mania, but it would be nice to see them have a legit dream match at Mania that doesn't involve old veterans (even though Styles is approaching that age).

Never did I think we'd see Wrestlemania headlined by women, but I think we're closer than ever. It probably won't be this year, but within the next three years, it's going to happen.

Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:22 am
Devil's Advocate

Torrie Wilson is a vampire who looked like she was in her mid 20s on the (mildly disappointing) Raw 25

Woken Matt is just a jobber as a singles wrestler... I won't be surprised if he's at top of tag picture again in a few months though since the Bar needs face competition. Honestly I would be more interesting in a Bray-Woken Matt weird face tag team than what's next in Bray's singles career. I bet they could get over and have mark cred

I heard about Enzo's allegations and that he's in general a shitbag in real life. While 205 needed his personality, not having a champion who can wrestle has really hurt the show. The show has been hard to watch lately between making cruiserweights lose to Goldust and while they used to have long term storylines in the mid card lately it's just been Jack Gallagher being the Dolph Ziggler welcome mat to whoever's new. It's clear that the biggest mistake they made was not filming it like NXT and CWC. Making it live both leads to brutal crowd and makes them look inferior to the bigger competition. They should consider just pulling it off Raw and doing that when they most likely have the division built around Gargano, Strong and Itami within 6 months

Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:32 am
New Server, Same X

Matt and Bray definitely need to team up. Apart, their feud sucks. But together, they could be challengers to The Bar for the titles at Wrestlemania.

Braun playing to the crowd is a mixed bag. I like seeing him try to get over even more, but I think playing to the crowd so heavily is going to be his downfall. Riding the line between face and heel is his wheelhouse. Becoming a full-fledged, pandering face will kill him. That's why Brock always gets major pops, even though he's a useless champion. He doesn't pander to the crowd.

Although I will say, it's a (mixed) match made in heaven seeing the little videos of him and Alexa Bliss for the MMC.

Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:06 am
Devil's Advocate

Gargano vs Almas was INSANE

Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:21 am
New Server, Same X

Fastlane is an interesting main-event consisting of guys that have all had a ton of potential to break into the main event picture but either haven't done it or did and couldn't maintain it. And of course it's a fatal five-way. It was enough of a clusterfuck with a triple threat. I'm not sure what adding Corbin and Ziggler does to the match. But as long as Styles keeps the title and faces Nakamura at Wrestlemania, I'll be happy. Just please don't make them open the show.

Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:49 pm
Devil's Advocate

Both Royal Rumbles were awesome! Easily the best booked men's Rumble in a while. Making it the most over guy Nakamura vs Reigns in front of Philadelphia crowd was perfect, Nak is the right choice but everyone knew they could've easily just had Reigns win this. The Slater/Sheamus spot was funny, it would've been even better if Slater got kicked on the way to the ring for half the Rumble though. Then the Women's match had great booking as well and all the comebacks were great. (I still can't get over Torrie Wilson being that hot, she's like 4 years older than Mickie James) It had some surprising moments to keep people on their toes like Dana Brooke eliminating Kari and Michelle McCool dominating. Sasha did a great job suddenly acting heel after Bayley elimination. Also like the men's, that Nikki was a plausible-ish winner who Charlotte said she wanted to face on the preshow, made the ending exciting. I'm also extremely relieved Ronda didn't enter and win

The rest of the Rumble was only decent. The Brock Braun Kane match was fun but it ended too short for me to be great, I think they should've gone backstage. I was disappointed by the Usos vs Gable and Benjamin, and Jordan was obviously injured (you can tell because he wasn't in the Rumble) so that match was shit. The KO-Sami vs AJ match was pretty good considering I don't like handicap matches.

So Undertaker may be coming back??? It would make the Reigns thing weird, and they haven't played it right to make him "rise from the dead". Undertaker Cena should've been the match last year.

Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:07 pm
Devil's Advocate

Great Raw after the Royal Rumble. I was hoping for Asuka vs Sasha at Wrestlemania, but their match was still awesome

Flava'd vs The World wrote:

Ronda Rousey v Charlotte
John Cena v Undertaker
Asuka v Alexa or Nia

HHH v Kurt Angle
Braun v Miz
Sasha v Bayley
KO/Sami v Usos

My problem with Rousey vs Charlotte at Wrestlemania is Rousey can't lose, and she can't win because she's not even close to being ready, after this Wrestlemania Rousey should be out of sight and training for years like Lana after she was in that outdoors Wrestlemania (and she still wasn't ready after she came back). HHH/Stephanie tag match seems to protect her most

Shane will have a big-ish match... heel Orton vs Shane?

For a while I thought they could be heading for Miz vs Angle since the promos could be about he's a better father than Angle was with Jason Jordan. It would be one of those soap opera storylines that has no match quality expectations on Angle if he looks as bad as he did at Survivor Series. But enough people seem be predicting HHH/Angle and if Miz is IC champion by then it's unlikely he's headed that way. Plus HHH has lost a few Wrestlemanias in a row so daddy needs a win, Angle is a good candidate

Where does Rollins go if Ambrose is really out 9 months... Braun? Multi man IC title?

Samoa Joe vs Braun Strowman? One of few credible physical threats for Braun

Tag titles - The Bar vs babyface tag team Matt Hardy and Bray Wyatt. Or the Authors of Pain show up

Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:47 am
Reply to topic   [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155 ... 235  Next